• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Tuesday December 27, 2016

I think maybe Noah might understand why Adrian always steered him away from dark paths in his quest to avenge his parents' deaths. Because Adrian knew (maybe even experienced) what Pandora did after Blaike's death and didn't want Noah to do anything similar.

It's in-character for Noah to show himself to Adrian after Pandora has left (although as Sarah remarked awhile ago one is never sure she has left.) But I'm wondering why we have to see it now.

Noah's been a strange fish from the beginning. The only real friend we know he has is Melissa. I'm pretty sure Elliot thinks of Noah as a friend, but exactly how Noah feels about Elliot isn't clear. Melissa is the only person besides Adrian who Noah hasn't concealed his magic from. Noah hasn't even told Grace, even though Noah's figured out that Grace killed Damien.

Grace, on the other hand, might have figured out Noah--if she can tell Sam's really a girl just by looking, she can probably tell it was Noah at the dojo.

Justin also figured it out, but he's not big on outing people.

Getting back to the current plot, Noah's going to ask to help even if Adrian doesn't want him to. But again, do we really need to see that right now?

It occurs to me now that the only other person who've we've actually seen working with Adrian on anything magical is Grace. In Death Sentence Adrian assumed that Grace knew nothing about his heritage or implied that to Noah to keep him out of things. But they already had worked together against Dex's summonings at the dojo. Maybe we're going to see another team-up here? 

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

But they already had worked together against Dex's summonings at the dojo. Maybe we're going to see another team-up here?

Team one Nanase, Ellen, Susan, Diane

Team 2 Raven, Noah,Grace

Team C Elliot, Ashley, Tedd

Team IV Edward, Wolf, Cranium

Team Quintus Andrea and Dame Tara

Team 0110  Sarah, Box, Sam, Justin, Luke

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Team Quintus Andrea and Dame Tara

Team 0110  Sarah, Box, Sam, Justin, Luke

TWO Team fives? Your logic makes no sense...

The rest of it is fine though.

When first spoke Adrian, heard the Yoda voice, the only one am I?

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

although as Sarah remarked awhile ago one is never sure she has left

She can even enter your dreams without your knowledge or consent.  And we know she is not the only one who can do those things.  It is much like dealing with Santa Claus, you eventually need to get on with your life.  Say, do, and think what ever you will.  Just be aware that there may be consequences down the line.

2 hours ago, Trix Marano said:

TWO Team fives? Your logic makes no sense...

0101 is equivalent to 5.  0110 is 6.

46 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
2 hours ago, Trix Marano said:

TWO Team fives?

0101 is equivalent to 5.  0110 is 6.

I prefer abandoning the leading zeroes, but yeah. Plus, 5 is already for reserved for Team Quintus, so no choice. Now why did no one chose to be Team Nil.

Typo? Oh. "Overhead". Eh, it is gone now.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

I think maybe Noah might understand why Adrian always steered him away from dark paths in his quest to avenge his parents' deaths. Because Adrian knew (maybe even experienced) what Pandora did after Blaike's death and didn't want Noah to do anything similar.

That experience didn't helped him avoid the mistake he did with Noriko (whatever it was or whatever he THINK it was). I think it's experience with Noriko which is shaping his teaching more now.

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

It's in-character for Noah to show himself to Adrian after Pandora has left (although as Sarah remarked awhile ago one is never sure she has left.)

She likely WAS able to feel him there anyway. Or might've decided to leave in that direction ... so, showing to Adrian will NOT raise the chance Pandora will notice him.

Noah's been a strange fish from the beginning.

Not the beginning. He only shown to be strange fish three comics later in his second appearance.

Grace, on the other hand, might have figured out Noah--if she can tell Sam's really a girl just by looking, she can probably tell it was Noah at the dojo.

Agree. Even if his concealing is partially magic (in which case how did Justin get through?) Grace's senses may be immune. Note that she didn't even need her antennae to notice Sam, but she DID had them out with Noah ...

It occurs to me now that the only other person who've we've actually seen working with Adrian on anything magical is Grace. In Death Sentence Adrian assumed that Grace knew nothing about his heritage or implied that to Noah to keep him out of things. But they already had worked together against Dex's summonings at the dojo. Maybe we're going to see another team-up here? 

Do he even NEED any help? I mean, unblocking the clog can be trivial for someone of his experience, and only thing Noah and Grace could do there would be get hit with some magical backslash ...

6 hours ago, Stature said:

I prefer abandoning the leading zeroes

It's more consistent. Why abandon infinite number of leading zeroes just to keep the last one?

(Obviously, to suggest hexadecimal digit written in binary, but why?)

Just now, hkmaly said:

That experience didn't helped him avoid the mistake he did with Noriko (whatever it was or whatever he THINK it was). I think it's experience with Noriko which is shaping his teaching more now.

Yeah, but Noah likely doesn't know about that, so he'd be drawing from what he's just heard.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Agree. Even if his concealing is partially magic (in which case how did Justin get through?) Grace's senses may be immune. Note that she didn't even need her antennae to notice Sam, but she DID had them out with Noah ...

I still say that Grace knowing that Sam wasn't a guy physically isn't some magical, or Uryuom base sense, but rather more to do with the fact that Grace has really gotten good at analyzing physical structures, and can just tell the difference between a male and female body despite Sam's attempt to hide it.

Noah may look feminine like Tedd, but there's probably still key features that someone who knows what to look for can tell that "yes they are male", Noah's disguise was obvious to Justin because Noah disappeared just before shadow guy showed up and Justin works at a comic shop and is full of pop culture trivia that he'd of course know that someone mysteriously leaving the scene of trouble moments before the superhero arrives must mean the person is the hero. Grace on the other hand wouldn't know about that cliche yet and Noah's face was well concealed in that disguise, so it wouldn't have clicked that the shadow guy was Noah.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:
27 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but Noah likely doesn't know about that, so he'd be drawing from what he's just heard.

Oh. Right. Noah might totally assume this was the reason. He would just be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I still say that Grace knowing that Sam wasn't a guy physically isn't some magical, or Uryuom base sense, but rather more to do with the fact that Grace has really gotten good at analyzing physical structures, and can just tell the difference between a male and female body despite Sam's attempt to hide it.

Grace being GOOD AT MATH is part of her Uryuom heritage. Being good at analyzing physical structure can easily be just as well. And her Uryuom senses may be "technically magic" just as her transforming.

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Noah's disguise was obvious to Justin because Noah disappeared just before shadow guy showed up and Justin works at a comic shop and is full of pop culture trivia that he'd of course know that someone mysteriously leaving the scene of trouble moments before the superhero arrives must mean the person is the hero.

Right. Justin may not actually see through the disguise, just guessed correctly based on this trope.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Grace on the other hand wouldn't know about that cliche yet

And more importantly, wasn't near Noah when he disappeared.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and Noah's face was well concealed in that disguise, so it wouldn't have clicked that the shadow guy was Noah.

She may still recognize him based on body language.

Or, well ... she can recognize him as Seyunolu the same way Will & Gill recognized her as Seyunolu. (That likely WAS use of Uryuom senses.)

I got in the habit of numbering things in that way when given a few too many technical documents to write. That was one way to make sure the editor was paying attention.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's more consistent. Why abandon infinite number of leading zeroes just to keep the last one?

(Obviously, to suggest hexadecimal digit written in binary, but why?)

In my former life you used a power of two greater that two number of digits for binary and hexadecimal.  Octal uses 3 characters.  Makes it a little easier to read and not mistake the base of the number.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

In my former life you used a power of two greater that two number of digits for binary and hexadecimal.  Octal uses 3 characters.  Makes it a little easier to read and not mistake the base of the number.

This made me think of this recent little gem from the Freefall webcomic. Notice the counting robots in the first panel.