• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Wednesday December 28, 2016

17 hours ago, ijuin said:
On 12/29/2016 at 5:53 PM, Trix Marano said:

Does anyone else recall the episode or two of ST:TNG where they pose as gods/get mistaken for gods? I think, if I recall correctly, that in one instance it even becomes a film.

In the episode in question, Picard even brings up how something as apparently mundane as a bow and arrow would seem magical to someone who had never seen them before. Pretty much anything that is greatly beyond a given person's understanding is effectively magic (or at least wondrous) to them.

Well of course arrow is magic. It can fly without flapping wings or any other propulsion. And everybody knows™ that in the absence of an external motive power, all objects (on Earth) would come to rest and that moving objects only continue to move so long as there is a power inducing them to do so. The great Aristotle confirmed it. Who's Newton? :)

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
On 12/31/2016 at 2:41 AM, hkmaly said:

Who's Newton? :)

Newton is the toughest son-of-a-bitch in space!

I know, I was roleplaying person who has good scientific reason to think arrow is magic.

Still, I think Einstein is the toughest son-of-a-bitch in space. Or whoever develops the FTL technology. Like Zefram Cochrane. Can you imagine what will happen with planet hit by something moving at warp 4? (If you don't want to imagine, visit Coridan III in 2155, Galorndon Core  in 2157 or Draylax in 2160.)

(Note: By "visit", I mean be around there in masked ship. I wouldn't recommend visiting surface.)