• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

NP Friday Dec 30 2016

(Welcome back!)

It does look like Pandora is running on all fours like a cat here. Also, those seem to be children behind Catalina and Rhoda--probably eight to ten years old judging by the height (Catalina being three feet five at present).

So, basically, the girls are stuck like this until either they calm down, or they try to cast ANOTHER enchantment on top of what they have.

What I gather from Panel One as well is that stacked enchantments are basically sharing the "pool" of energy, so the more stacking, the faster the pool is drained.

So, the high ambient magic is contributing to the hijinks!  Depending how 'viscous' magic is, i.e. how quickly holes are filled in, their running around may be contributing to extending the spell duration.  When they calm down and stay in one place for a few minutes, they may carve out a 'hole' in the local magic just long enough to let the spell end.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Look for the sequels to this adventure, The Amazing Colossal Rhoda and Attack of the 50-foot Catalina.

More like the 40-inch Catalina!

So I was kinda right in that multiple enchantments would make it harder to maintain their durations.

Because the enchantments are now tied to Rhoda's disguise, it's like they've merged into one enchantment to conserve energy, hence the averaging out of sizes and Rhoda also getting cat ears and tail. Of course the ambient energy will negate any worry of the enchantments losing power before Rhoda and Catalina no longer need them as Pandora said, this just seems like a failsafe for stacking enchantments.

Is Pandora running or pouncing?

Neither Catalina nor Rhoda will ever take their appearance for granted again.  Usually it is annoying when people stop to check themselves in every mirror they pass.  But for the rest of their lives, these two may be asking "what do I look like now?"

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is Pandora running or pouncing?

Neither Catalina nor Rhoda will ever take their appearance for granted again.  Usually it is annoying when people stop to check themselves in every mirror they pass.  But for the rest of their lives, these two may be asking "what do I look like now?"

Or they will adopt Elliot's meh attitude "human, catgirls,tall,short.. whatever"

Or Tedd's "wait, I feel more jiggly than normal"

17 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Or they will adopt Elliot's meh attitude "human, catgirls,tall,short.. whatever"

Or Tedd's "wait, I feel more jiggly than normal"

I had an impulse to correct these quotes. It must be a side effect of a previously mentioned obsession.

Anyway...

Elliot on his girly morphs, adapted to fit the transformations applied to Rhoda 'n' Catalina - "human, catgirl, tall, short, whatevs"

Tedd on jiggliness - "wait, I feel more jiggly than I should"

These are not in any way intended to offend or ridicule, except myself due to my crippling obsession.

45 minutes ago, Trix Marano said:

These are not in any way intended to offend or ridicule, except myself due to my crippling obsession.

We have a grammar thread you know.  And I have said I am not offended by corrections.  Please keep in mind that I do use lolcat speak from time to time however. 

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

We have a grammar thread you know.

Yay!, although I presume for grammar debates, not EGS quote debates (unlike the Wikiquote talk pages on EGS).

17 hours ago, ijuin said:

It does look like Pandora is running on all fours like a cat here.

At least someone.

So, basically, the girls are stuck like this until either they calm down, or they try to cast ANOTHER enchantment on top of what they have.

With the amount of ambient energy in Moperville, they might need another FOUR enchantments until it finally stops working.

What I gather from Panel One as well is that stacked enchantments are basically sharing the "pool" of energy, so the more stacking, the faster the pool is drained.

We don't know if the time is halved. But anyway, yay new info!

12 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

So, the high ambient magic is contributing to the hijinks!  Depending how 'viscous' magic is, i.e. how quickly holes are filled in, their running around may be contributing to extending the spell duration.  When they calm down and stay in one place for a few minutes, they may carve out a 'hole' in the local magic just long enough to let the spell end.

They would need to stay in one place far longer than few minutes, and unlike Sarah, Rhoda can keep the enchantments going for some time from her own energy. So, no. They need to calm down and stop wanting to be disguised. Or, well ... it's possible the enchantments ends when they go to sleep.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Few months maybe, rest of their lives, no. This is EGS. I see following possibilities:

1) By getting more experience with their spells, they get enough confidence to know if they are transformed.

2) They stop caring how they look.

3) They get new spell allowing them to feel how they look and what enchantments are affecting them without looking.

I like the third option.

On 12/31/2016 at 9:53 AM, hkmaly said:

Few months maybe, rest of their lives, no. This is EGS. I see following possibilities:

1) By getting more experience with their spells, they get enough confidence to know if they are transformed.

2) They stop caring how they look.

3) They get new spell allowing them to feel how they look and what enchantments are affecting them without looking.

I like the third option.

The sole purpose of the disguises is to leave the mall unrecognized. If they want to play with new forms, they should do it at home.

Buuut it is a mall, and they might as well rethink in a restroom for women

10 hours ago, Stature said:

The sole purpose of the disguises is to leave the mall unrecognized. If they want to play with new forms, they should do it at home.

Buuut it is a mall, and they might as well rethink in a restroom for women

I wouldn't say "sole". Primary purpose sounds better :)

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I wouldn't say "sole". Primary purpose sounds better

The only problem with the statement is that "sole" is a word with too many meanings.

My first thought upon reading the line was to think of flat fish.  And that left me floundering.

50 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

My first thought upon reading the line was to think of flat fish.  And that left me floundering.

My favorite fish to eat. Flounder. Too bad you can't make good sushi out of it (I haven't seen any, at least). Oh, well. When life gives you lemons, make lemon sole.