• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
HarJIT

Counting down.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

As of this post it's 3 hours 20 minutes from the new year, 3 hours 10 minutes from Diane's birthday and 3 hours and 30 minutes from Susan's birthday.

:)

And roughly 10 minutes to "mlooney takes drugs and goes to bed".  Which is not the same as "mlooney falls asleep".  These two events are often separated by several hours, depending on what I'm reading.

The Times Square medley that begins immediately after the ball drops.

Auld Lang Syne
New York, New York (Frank)
America the Beautiful  (Ray Charles)
Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

A John Lennon recording of Imagine had been part of the mix, but was replaced with a live performance before the ball drop.

The NYC-Times Square organizers have used the same selections for several years now.  Howzabout some new tunes for the new year?

For the first time in many freaking years there was zilch gun fire, fireworks, car horns, people helping out the front door or any other noises.  The only reason I knew it was past midnight was my "stop reading and go to sleep" alarm went off.  It being set for 1:30 am.

Huh.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The Times Square medley that begins immediately after the ball drops.

Auld Lang Syne
New York, New York (Frank)
America the Beautiful  (Ray Charles)
Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

A John Lennon recording of Imagine had been part of the mix, but was replaced with a live performance before the ball drop.

The NYC-Times Square organizers have used the same selections for several years now.  Howzabout some new tunes for the new year?

How about the networks let us actually hear the music once or twice, first?  As I complained about in the "Annoying" thread, everywhere I looked, there was inane chatter and annoying blather, with maybe a note or two audible behind it every once in a while.  If you can get them to get these "hosts" to shut up long enough to actually hear the music a time or two, then I'll get to work on getting them to rotate songs.

(Although I'm not sure why you think you'd like the songs they'd choose to replace those any better....)