• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Pinup Dan's choice 12/31/2016

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

Mr d10 FV5, sorta, in the same costume as Susan was in as a video guard.  Has a 40's pinup look and feel.  Can't see in on a bomber nose however.  Seems that Elliot and Ashley have their own video or anime now.

tumblr_oj2kfnfb6z1v0psxyo1_1280.png

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

Mr d10 FV5, sorta, in the same costume as Susan was in as a video guard.

I feel like if not for the hair style, it would be hard to say it's Tensaided.

30 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Seems that Elliot and Ashley have their own video or anime now.

While I don't see how could that happen, it IS only way how to get a picture in video store ...

Might want to edit the title there, you're a year in the future. ;)

Gotta agree with you here, other than the fact that it's Tensaided, I don't think anyone can complain that this doesn't feel like a true pinup.

In other news, this should be the last of November's pinups, now on to December's!!! ;)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

You should be able to do it yourself by editing your original post.

I may be brain dead today, because I couldn't figure out how.  Meh.

19 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Done and done.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Might want to edit the title there, you're a year in the future. ;)

In other news, this should be the last of November's pinups, now on to December's!!! ;)

Maybe we should label the pinups with the time they were SUPPOSED to be done, just to keep track ...

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Depending on the explanation Elliot and Susan end up telling Tensaided, the series of awkward follow up questions may not end until Tedd makes this a reality.

What makes you think this would stop the questions?

For some reason Mr. d10 as gender fluid hits me as weirdness. Don't know why but it does.  I mean if he is, good for him, but of all the characters in EGS, he is the one that I would be happiest if he was cis.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

For some reason Mr. d10 as gender fluid hits me as weirdness. Don't know why but it does.  I mean if he is, good for him, but of all the characters in EGS, he is the one that I would be happiest if he was cis.

Keep in mind, Tensaided is a hardcore roleplayer (and I mean that in terms of pen and paper RPGs). I can see him getting into any character pretty easily and that likely includes any female character. He wouldn't have to be genderfluid for that, just really creative and determined to make the character believable.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Keep in mind, Tensaided is a hardcore roleplayer (and I mean that in terms of pen and paper RPGs). I can see him getting into any character pretty easily and that likely includes any female character. He wouldn't have to be genderfluid for that, just really creative and determined to make the character believable.

This is possible, and in fact likely.

Sounds like a Tensaided + Greg cosplay pinup should be a no brainer eh?

Actually, it is canon that Greg take part in "game night" with Dex, while we don't know whether the games of of the tabletop, pen and paper, or video variety, if Greg is into pen and paper RPGs then he probably does know Tensaided so the two of them doing cosplay or ren faire stuff would be plausible.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure if he's more into rules and strategy or the actual roleplaying ... but it's certainly more believable than him being genderfluid.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not sure if he's more into rules and strategy or the actual roleplaying ... but it's certainly more believable than him being genderfluid.

I think he's a hardcore roleplayer. Rules are what the DM says they are, and rules wrangling is only tolerated if it's done to enhance the role play, which is a rare occasion.

23 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think he's a hardcore roleplayer. Rules are what the DM says they are, and rules wrangling is only tolerated if it's done to enhance the role play, which is a rare occasion.

Well ... much less common than minmaxing, but ... do you read Erf World?

This is ultimate example of creative interpretation of rules which IMHO didn't enhanced the role play, but DID enhanced the GAME.

Just because rules are what the DM says they are, doesn't mean players can't be creative. And only bad DM will reject anything creative just because it wasn't his idea.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well ... much less common than minmaxing, but ... do you read Erf World?

This is ultimate example of creative interpretation of rules which IMHO didn't enhanced the role play, but DID enhanced the GAME.

Just because rules are what the DM says they are, doesn't mean players can't be creative. And only bad DM will reject anything creative just because it wasn't his idea.

Of course players are allowed to be creative, but no one likes the player that lugs around a complete set of every rule book, appendix, and world book ever published and insists on cherry picking optional rules from all of them and keeps arguing over every rule interpretation. The DM is the final authority on the what, when, why, and how.

I actually prefer when the players don't really know anything about how the game system works behind the screen. It makes for better role playing and avoids most minmaxing or munchkin tendencies.

A group I've played with did what we called freestyle role playing. A session usually started with deciding on the genre and what characteristics, if any, to track. We tended to pair it down to three or possibly four characteristics, and voted upon which ones. Then we decided on what dice to use for skill checks. Common choices was d6, 3-d6, d10, d12, d100. Finally the players rolled their stats and wrote a short description of their characters. Sometimes the players would choose a number of skills based on their character description, and these skills could be just about anything as long as the DM gave the OK. These skills could be bought using points from a pot, they could be derived from stats, or they could just signify expertise. How they worked was up to the DM... And then we played...

No rule books to plow through, no limitations on what the DM could put into the story, no limit on what the players might want to try, and no way that there could be any disagreement on the interpretation of the rules as the only rules was what the DM said they were...

Free styling like this not only got the players to concentrate on the role rather than the rules, but it also allowed the DM to concentrate on the role playing, which tended to result in really fun free flowing adventures, seldom coming anywhere near the story the DM originally had in mind.

There's also the aspect of chaining game mechanics in a creative way but making it believable by roleplaying the character acting it out. There were some sessions in my Heavy Gear game where a player does something completely unexpected but totally in character. Like a self proclaimed sociopath cutting off a prisoner's finger and cooking it as part of an interrogation so that it chained an Intimidation roll with an Interrogation roll. The DM decided to give bonus XP to him for it because it was creative and well roleplayed.

10 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Of course players are allowed to be creative, but no one likes the player that lugs around a complete set of every rule book, appendix, and world book ever published and insists on cherry picking optional rules from all of them and keeps arguing over every rule interpretation. The DM is the final authority on the what, when, why, and how.

Of course. Especially if the rules we speak about are AD&D, which between all versions have lot of conflicts and holes in the rules, and leaving solving the holes on DM is official solution.

I actually prefer when the players don't really know anything about how the game system works behind the screen. It makes for better role playing and avoids most minmaxing or munchkin tendencies.

That's your preference. But for some players (and DMs), finding creative interpretation of rules is more fun than roleplaying. As I said, it's not about minmaxing. You didn't answered if you read Erfworld.

Note that I'm specially raising this issue due to Tensaided mentioning building deck that might win a game. He might have different opinion on RPGs than on card games, but this looks like he DOES like rules.

... actually ... he said that awesome [broken] combos are half the fun ...

Free styling like this not only got the players to concentrate on the role rather than the rules, but it also allowed the DM to concentrate on the role playing, which tended to result in really fun free flowing adventures, seldom coming anywhere near the story the DM originally had in mind.

With bad players, and especially with bad or inexperienced DM, free styling wouldn't get ANYWHERE. For some DMs, pre-written rules are like training wheels - something they need to start but can abandon when they get more experience. And some will never get enough experience. On the other hand, some would say that training wheels can become an obstacle to learning and would recommend different style of learning, even if it could mean more falls and injuries ...

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

There's also the aspect of chaining game mechanics in a creative way but making it believable by roleplaying the character acting it out. There were some sessions in my Heavy Gear game where a player does something completely unexpected but totally in character. Like a self proclaimed sociopath cutting off a prisoner's finger and cooking it as part of an interrogation so that it chained an Intimidation roll with an Interrogation roll. The DM decided to give bonus XP to him for it because it was creative and well roleplayed.

Of course, combining creative interpretation of rules with good roleplaying is best. Tensaided would definitely agree.