• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Monday January 2, 2017

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Did I get lost somewhere?

Maybe.  I said "same thought process"  and you replied with "sane thought process" in quotes.  This made me think you might have miss read my statement.

There are, of course, many types of mental illnesses. Having rushing thoughts maybe mixed with forced speach is a classic sign of bipolar disorder or ADHD. (Some drugs will cause that as well, but we will assume that Pandora isn't a coke head).  It also happens, much less often in people with schizophrenia.  Of the three, based on what we have seen of her and assuming Immortals can be evaluated the same as base line humans, itself a large leap, I would put money on ADHD or bipolar, or worse case, part of my combination both.  I don't think she is on the Antisocial personality disorder spectrum or has extreme anxiety, to round out the major parts of my messed up brain chemistry, but it's possible.

Voices in her head referring to her as a plural. Yeah, that sounds stable. xD Maybe next reset she should invest in some psychology books so she can better diagnose herself. Do normal psychology rules apply to immortals though? Hm...

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Did I get lost somewhere?

Maybe.  I said "same thought process"  and you replied with "sane thought process" in quotes.  This made me think you might have miss read my statement.

Yes, but my "same though process" was referring to my own quote from earlier. Also, you never said "same though process", you said

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

the same breakdown

32 minutes ago, mlooney said:

There are, of course, many types of mental illnesses. Having rushing thoughts maybe mixed with forced speach is a classic sign of bipolar disorder or ADHD. (Some drugs will cause that as well, but we will assume that Pandora isn't a coke head).  It also happens, much less often in people with schizophrenia.  Of the three, based on what we have seen of her and assuming Immortals can be evaluated the same as base line humans, itself a large leap, I would put money on ADHD or bipolar, or worse case, part of my combination both.  I don't think she is on the Antisocial personality disorder spectrum or has extreme anxiety, to round out the major parts of my messed up brain chemistry, but it's possible.

We know what's her problem: too long since last reset. Not illness, not drugs. But otherwise I believe your analysis, meaning her age is causing her similar symptoms as ADHD and bipolar.

And, yes ... it is actually worth mentioning she doesn't seem to be on antisocial personality disorder spectrum. Unlike Voltaire.

25 minutes ago, Changer said:

Voices in her head referring to her as a plural. Yeah, that sounds stable. xD Maybe next reset she should invest in some psychology books so she can better diagnose herself. Do normal psychology rules apply to immortals though? Hm...

Note that SHE never said she's stable. I think she's perfectly aware her mental health is getting worse, although she may underestimate how much.

Why didn't I see it before.

When you want to fly, the typical flying incantations don't work as advertised.

Up, up, and away?  Nope.
SHAZAM?  Not so much.
Come fly with me?  Sorry Frank.

No, apparently what you need to shout when attempting to fly is "TEDD!"

I think "Geronimo" is still the preferred exclamation while descending.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes, but my "same though process" was referring to my own quote from earlier.

My bad.  I'm having "issues" today. 

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Like the "we didn't know who would win" one? Emphasis on "we".

She was guiding Magus at that point, while Magus didn't know the relation between Adrian and Pandora until after, he still likely knew about the confrontation that was going to happen between Adrian and Abraham as he had been instructed to stay with Ellen.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Like the "we didn't know who would win" one? Emphasis on "we".

She was guiding Magus at that point, while Magus didn't know the relation between Adrian and Pandora until after, he still likely knew about the confrontation that was going to happen between Adrian and Abraham as he had been instructed to stay with Ellen.

1) I don't think he knew in advance.

2) Pandora didn't exactly counted him as person in her plan, more like tool.

So, no, I don't think "we" refers to Magus.