• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday January 4, 2017

All I can say is, please don't just stand over him and have a monologue about it Pandora. Make yourself know, have a good heart to heart talk with Tedd, and not fly into a rage over the situation. Unless, of course, Voltaire shows up, then you can kick his arse.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

All I can say is, please don't just stand over him and have a monologue about it Pandora. Make yourself know

... that might scare him. Although, considering what state he's in, that might be considered improvement.

have a good heart to heart talk with Tedd

I seriously hope her hundreds years of experience give her some idea of what to say.

and not fly into a rage over the situation. Unless, of course, Voltaire shows up, then you can kick his arse.

He may be there, but why would he show himself if he would see Pandora (after she makes herself visible)?

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I seriously hope her hundreds years of experience give her some idea of what to say.

The best thing would be to just explain what she was just feeling, and maybe apologize for putting him in this situation.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

He may be there, but why would he show himself if he would see Pandora (after she makes herself visible)?

He probably wouldn't though I wouldn't be suprised if he did make himself visible long enough to mention something that would get Pandora to focus her attention elsewhere, like back to Adrian or maybe even mention Sirleck.

Seems like some time has passed too as Tedd is in his basement, so I guess Elliot didn't bring Ashley to talk to Edward.

I wonder which watch Tedd is holding.  Pandora could probably dodge or deflect anything that one of Tedd's watches could throw at her.  But it would be for the best if Tedd didn't attack her before she can speak her piece

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora could probably dodge or deflect anything that one of Tedd's watches could throw at her.

I could see Tedd literally throwing that watch at her. Well, not intentionally at her, but because she's on another plane of reality, he wouldn't see her and the watch would pass through the space she's occupying and hit the wall behind her.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Seems like some time has passed too as Tedd is in his basement, so I guess Elliot didn't bring Ashley to talk to Edward.

... yet. Or he did but they already finished.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I wonder which watch Tedd is holding.  Pandora could probably dodge or deflect anything that one of Tedd's watches could throw at her.  But it would be for the best if Tedd didn't attack her before she can speak her piece

I don't think Tedd has ANY watches which could be used to attack. Most of his watches are enchantments ; in unlikely case immortals are affected by them at all AND their enchantment resistance is not enough to just ignore them, Pandora can just shapeshift back to normal.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

I could see Tedd literally throwing that watch at her. Well, not intentionally at her, but because she's on another plane of reality, he wouldn't see her and the watch would pass through the space she's occupying and hit the wall behind her.

I could see Tedd literally throwing that watch at her WHEN she appears. Suddenly. Still wouldn't count that as attack.

At the moment, if Tedd threw the watch at Pandora, it would go right through her.  Note that Tedd is a bit grayed out.  She's on the "spiritual plane" looking at him, but she is not visible to him, unless his ability lets him see/sense her as he did the space whales...

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

She's on the "spiritual plane" looking at him, but she is not visible to him, unless his ability lets him see/sense her as he did the space whales...

A good point, and one that could be very important to the plot. Voltaire calls Tedd a "Seer." That means Tedd is one of the few mortals who has any chance of sensing Immortals when they don't want to be seen. He could believe wholeheartedly that a world without Tedd would be a better world, couldn't he?

To see the whales, (and I don't mean George and Gracie), Tedd had to wear his power boosting gauntlet and suffered significant physical and mental pain for the experience.

Don't get me wrong.  If any mortal can figure out a way to detect immortals on the spiritual plane, it would probably be Tedd.  But until I see otherwise, I'm guessing it won't simply be a matter of putting on the glove and looking in Pandora's general direction to see her the first time without her consent.

Indifference may be sufficient as long as consent is not specifically denied.

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

To see the whales, (and I don't mean George and Gracie), Tedd had to wear his power boosting gauntlet and suffered significant physical and mental pain for the experience.

Don't get me wrong.  If any mortal can figure out a way to detect immortals on the spiritual plane, it would probably be Tedd.  But until I see otherwise, I'm guessing it won't simply be a matter of putting on the glove and looking in Pandora's general direction to see her the first time without her consent.

Indifference may be sufficient as long as consent is not specifically denied.

The reason why Tedd what able to sense the whale's presence to begin with was likely because the whale has some sort of detectable magic energy signature. Immortals give off no detectable magic signature.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yes and No. Yes he needed to wear the gauntlet, so it's unlikely he will be able to see Pandora without it. No, that physical and mental pain was due to the whale "talking" to him.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

The reason why Tedd what able to sense the whale's presence to begin with was likely because the whale has some sort of detectable magic energy signature. Immortals give off no detectable magic signature.

It may be different kind of magic energy signature that the one others can see. It is possible Tedd is somehow able to sense immortals - after all, noone was able to detect the whales before either. On the other hand, it is also possible he isn't ; there is no special reason for him to have such ability.

24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It may be different kind of magic energy signature that the one others can see. It is possible Tedd is somehow able to sense immortals - after all, noone was able to detect the whales before either. On the other hand, it is also possible he isn't ; there is no special reason for him to have such ability.

The energy the whales give off would have to be very faint, but still enough for someone sensitive to it like Tedd to detect a disturbance, the whale could also have been pretty close as well, Pandora is standing right in front of him, Voltaire was hovering overhead earlier at Sarah's house, and also probably watched for several minutes listening to the conversation in Edward's basement before making his appearance to them. Plenty of opportunity for Tedd to sense something, but he didn't, so I doubt he is capable of detecting Immortals.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:
39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The energy the whales give off would have to be very faint, but still enough for someone sensitive to it like Tedd to detect a disturbance, the whale could also have been pretty close as well

It COULD've just been faint, yes ... but it could also be different kind.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Pandora is standing right in front of him, Voltaire was hovering overhead earlier at Sarah's house, and also probably watched for several minutes listening to the conversation in Edward's basement before making his appearance to them. Plenty of opportunity for Tedd to sense something, but he didn't, so I doubt he is capable of detecting Immortals.

He MIGHT be distracted or something. It took him quite long to notice the whale. But yes, this cases of him failing to notice immortals makes less likely he is able to sense them.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It COULD've just been faint, yes ... but it could also be different kind.

It could also be that the whales didn't try to hide, or perhaps they wanted him to notice them. The conversation sounded a bit like the whale were there specifically to inform Tedd about the magic buildup. But it's been a long time since I looked at those pages so I might be very wrong here.

7 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

It could also be that the whales didn't try to hide, or perhaps they wanted him to notice them. The conversation sounded a bit like the whale were there specifically to inform Tedd about the magic buildup. But it's been a long time since I looked at those pages so I might be very wrong here.

The general idea was that the whale didn't actively try to get Tedd's attention at first, they just noticed that Tedd sensed their presence and then decided to try to make contact to warn him about the excess energy buildups.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
10 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

The general idea was that the whale didn't actively try to get Tedd's attention at first, they just noticed that Tedd sensed their presence and then decided to try to make contact to warn him about the excess energy buildups.

On the other hand it's true the whales didn't actively try to hide. It's just NORMAL that noone sees them and they don't seem to be able making themselves more OR less visible.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand it's true the whales didn't actively try to hide. It's just NORMAL that noone sees them and they don't seem to be able making themselves more OR less visible.

The way the whale described it sounds more like the following:

Whale 1: "There's so much energy around here, we're not going to be able to eat all of this!"

Whale 2: "I know, and this is going to become a problem for the people in this city as well if this keeps up."

Whale 3: "Hey I was just over in this part of the city and this teenager apparently sensed me, he's not like the other residents of the city so maybe he can figure out how to fix this?"

Whale 1: "Worth a shot, you can be the one to make contact then, we'll keep eating."

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Whale 1: "There's so much energy around here, we're not going to be able to eat all of this!"

Whale 2: "I know, and this is going to become a problem for the people in this city as well if this keeps up."

Whale 3: "Hey I was just over in this part of the city and this teenager apparently sensed me, he's not like the other residents of the city so maybe he can figure out how to fix this?"

Whale 1: "Worth a shot, you can be the one to make contact then, we'll keep eating."

(After Whale 3 goes away.)

Whale 1: "Stupid whale 3, noone is able to see us ... but whatever, if she enjoys trying ..."