• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday January 4, 2017

Just to make sure, the white haired person complaining about the mess is not the same as person currently transforming.

Right?

And C'mon bibliophiles.  Don't leave books scattered.  Stack them neatly on the tables or designated return-book areas and the librarians and book sellers will replace them on the shelves.

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Just to make sure, the white haired person complaining about the mess is not the same as person currently transforming.

The white (or blonde) haired person is probably an employee, Kitty, though looks like she's wearing a cat themed hoodie similar to the fox hoodie that otaku kid was wearing.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

The white (or blonde) haired person is probably an employee, Kitty, though looks like she's wearing a cat themed hoodie similar to the fox hoodie that otaku kid was wearing.

And is unlikely to be transforming (or transformed).

18 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Does she have a tail?

But no cat ears.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

If it wouldn't change magic and/or piss it off, Tedd could make a mint selling instant cos-play watches.

It would. It would also piss off DGB. Nevertheless, I suspect it was close to his original plan.

19 hours ago, mlooney said:

I can see nothing but hijinks and general weirdness coming from this.

I can see two directions:

1) She will see Catalina and Rhoda and would bother them, possibly begging to be transformed.

2) Catalina and/or Rhoda will see her and would be terrified that the epidemi of catness already started.

"No Punch Man" is a name chockfull of loopholes. So, what, Saitama either has to bodyslam/kick his enemy/ies?

And what the cow is Cowboy Rocksteady referencing?

55 minutes ago, Stature said:

And what the cow is Cowboy Rocksteady referencing?

I assume it's a riff on Cowboy Bebop.

Aside from any other pop culture meanings Bebop is a type of Jazz and Rocksteady is the bridge between Ska and Reggae.

For once I didn't have to wiki dive, knew those off the top of my head.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Aside from any other pop culture meanings Bebop is a type of Jazz and Rocksteady is the bridge between Ska and Reggae.

For once I didn't have to wiki dive, knew those off the top of my head.

It is a riff on the Cowboy Bebop anime using the Rocksteady character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because Bebop is also a TMNT character.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It is a riff on the Cowboy Bebop anime using the Rocksteady character from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles because Bebop is also a TMNT character.

See my "other pop culture meanings".  If The Dan wanted to trigger a real WTF riff he could have used Cowboy Zydeco, or a lesser WTF with Cowboy Swing.

Drifting further off-topic, I remember seeing a video ad for an obvious imitation of Cowboy Bebop. I think it was from one of those disks that come with magazines, maybe Animerica. I can't remember the title to save my life. This was back in the era when there were all kinds of Pokemon clones like Digimon and Monster Rancher.

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Drifting further off-topic, I remember seeing a video ad for an obvious imitation of Cowboy Bebop. I think it was from one of those disks that come with magazines, maybe Animerica. I can't remember the title to save my life. This was back in the era when there were all kinds of Pokemon clones like Digimon and Monster Rancher.

Digimon and Monster Rancher are not Pokemon clones. Which probably explains their much lower popularity. The main theme of Pokemon is Gotta Catch 'Em All, you are supposed to have just one creature in Digimon. While the Pokémon games are traditionally collection-based RPGs, Monster Rancher games tend to be simulated animal breeding games.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

See my "other pop culture meanings".  If The Dan wanted to trigger a real WTF riff he could have used Cowboy Zydeco, or a lesser WTF with Cowboy Swing.

Question is if Dan even knew about the music styles. Remember:

ninja_turtles.png

I think I'd reverse those percentages on Michelangelo.  He's one of the best-known artists and creators in history, period, let alone of that era.  Raphael is probably more turtle than Renaissance man at this point, though.

ETA typo fix

11 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think I'd reverse those percentages on Michelangelo.  He's one of the best-known artists and creators in history, period, let alone of that era.  Raphael is probably more turtle than Renaissance man at this point, though.

I have no idea what Randall used as source of data for that graph (if anything). Also, it's 10 years old.

BTW, just noticed title text: The henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

20 hours ago, mlooney said:

I loved that series.

Great animation, awesome action scenes, perfect mix between funny and serious, a sophisticated story with a beginning and an end, set in a fascinating world, with music from the legendary Yoko Kanno. (She's essentially to anime what John Williams is to live-action movies)