• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Friday January 6, 2017

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
9 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Kitty will not get a catgirl transformation spell. Pandora doesn't seem to go in much for repetition, and that would be rather like Catalina's.

Kitty likes Catgirls.  This does not necessarily mean that Kitty wants to be a catgirl.  Maybe she will get a spell allowing her to temporarily transform others into catgirls.  Maybe just something to give her targets fuzzy ears, fangs, and a tail that will fall off as soon as it stops being funny.

You might want to re-read the strip, as she specifically said that yes she does want to be a cat girl.

Also, I suspect that outside Moperville high magic area, transformation of inexperienced marked person could easily wear off so quickly, but inside it's different question.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I should know better.  Ever since moving to Florida, I tried (and failed) to catch a LOT of geckos that disturbed my mother.  And I wound up with too many lost tails on the porch.  That scene might be amusing to a cruel elementary school student, but not to anyone with empathy.  And still mom kept asking me to do something about the geckos.

You mean they returned as soon as their tails regrow? That should still take some time, doesn't it?

On 07/01/2017 at 1:02 AM, partner555 said:

Her outburst reminds me of Sarah loudly complaining she and Elliot were still virgins.

Strangely enough, I have that exact comic open right now, in a different tab.

Spooky.

13 hours ago, Trix Marano said:
On 01/07/2017 at 2:02 AM, partner555 said:

Her outburst reminds me of Sarah loudly complaining she and Elliot were still virgins.

Strangely enough, I have that exact comic open right now, in a different tab.

Spooky.

Spooky or too many open tabs :)

Depends on WHY you have it open.

Geckos are nice. They're cute (most of them) and they eat nasty bugs that would otherwise get in your house. We like our D/FW area geckoes.

They do freak Mrs. Prof out, though, because of their tendency to appear out of nowhere and run across the floor when you least expect it. That, plus the cat inevitably chases them when they do that. The cat is rarely successful at even getting close to them, though.

Just now, ProfessorTomoe said:

Geckos are nice. They're cute (most of them) and they eat nasty bugs that would otherwise get in your house. We like our D/FW area geckoes.

Do any of them try to sell you car insurance?

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In Florida, one never needs to wait for a gecko.

Pffft. If we had them here in Denmark, our government would cut so much back on them that you would have to wait like at least twenty to twenty five minutes for each, and when they finally appeared, three would come.

That assumes that they are managed by the government.

Anyway, given a choice between geckos as a household pest and rats, I would prefer the geckos.

18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

too many open tabs :)

Depends on WHY you have it open.

1. Only tab open on EGS site

2. Used actual random number generator (CMBR-based) to select comic, had read one or two onwards before switching to forum.

33 minutes ago, Trix Marano said:

2. Used actual random number generator (CMBR-based) to select comic, had read one or two onwards before switching to forum.

Any particular reason why CMBR over a PRNG?  Just curious, given that I presume this has no cryptographic significance?

5 hours ago, HarJIT said:
6 hours ago, Trix Marano said:

Any particular reason why CMBR over a PRNG?  Just curious, given that I presume this has no cryptographic significance?

If I would have something as cool as CMBR-based random number generator, I would definitely use it, even for mundane stuff like this.

7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In Florida, one never needs to wait for a gecko.

Pffft. If we had them here in Denmark, our government would cut so much back on them that you would have to wait like at least twenty to twenty five minutes for each, and when they finally appeared, three would come.

That might be even worse than the gecko Mozilla is using in their browser.

21 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
11 hours ago, ijuin said:

That assumes that they are managed by the government.

You underestimate the Danish Government's amazing ability to mismanage anything at all.

Anything? I think they failed to mismanage Sun. And Moon and several planets (although I'm not sure about Pluto, they MIGHT have hand in that).

Just now, hkmaly said:

Anything? I think they failed to mismanage Sun.

There's this litte thing called global warming. Don't believe any reputation Denmark may have for fighting it. Our government spent years denying it was a problem at all.

On 09/01/2017 at 6:07 PM, HarJIT said:

Ehh, just happened to know.

If I would have something as cool as CMBR-based random number generator, I would definitely use it, even for mundane stuff like this.

Here. It's so blindingly obvious, really.

18 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Anything? I think they failed to mismanage Sun.

There's this litte thing called global warming. Don't believe any reputation Denmark may have for fighting it. Our government spent years denying it was a problem at all.

While there are theories that global warming is related to changes on Sun, I didn't hear about anyone who would propose that 1) Humans caused those changes or 2) Humans SHOULD do something with Sun to revert them. Therefore, I would count anything related to global warming as mismanaged Earth, not mismanaged Sun.

(Also, note that surprisingly big part of fight against global warming consist of moving little green papers or numbers in computers representing those little green papers. I personally don't think those green papers can be causing global warming, considering they are only rarely burned, which leads me to doubts regarding effectiveness of those methods of fighting global warming ...)

Just now, hkmaly said:

While there are theories that global warming is related to changes on Sun, I didn't hear about anyone who would propose that 1) Humans caused those changes or 2) Humans SHOULD do something with Sun to revert them. Therefore, I would count anything related to global warming as mismanaged Earth, not mismanaged Sun.

You are quibbling. Mismanaging the light and energy we get from the Sun is mismanaging the Sun.

29 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You are quibbling. Mismanaging the light and energy we get from the Sun is mismanaging the Sun.

That's very geocentric point of view.

7 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I have an old V2 you can use...

The delta-v on those doesn't really work for anything other than a short sub orbital hop.

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The delta-v on those doesn't really work for anything other than a short sub orbital hop.

That depends on payoad, surely.  I think a good solid leap off at apogee should be just fine.