• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP, Friday January 13, 2017

First, Kitty's arms are far too long to be a t Rex.  She looks much more like a tall wading bird wildly flapping its wings as it runs along the beach.

But for some reason, this reminds me of many of the world's "little people" legends.  The wee ones are never certain what the intentions of the big, loud, clumsy humans could be.  But destroy, exploit, enslave, or keep-as-pets usually seem to be the most likely outcomes.  So the short people heed the lyrics of Randy Newman as a warning.

I think that she simply assumed that the mini catgirls would like anybody who loved catgirls as much as she does. She just does not imagine that they would be afraid of her.

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:
  1. Twice my size
  2. Chasing me
  3. Spastic arm motions
  4. Screaming

Once again, I can't fault Cat's logic.

Errr, anal retentive nitpick, that would be twice their height, right? She would outmass them by something like a factor of five to six, if we go with them being three feet tall and Kitty being five feet tall.

Not that this in any way impinges on Cat's logic. In fact, it would only support it.

Kitty is ignoring the first rule of cat behavior: cats are attracted to people who hate and try to ignore them, and they avoid people who're too 'pushy'.

I already feel bad for her because she probably won't get what she wants.

18 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think that she simply assumed that the mini catgirls would like anybody who loved catgirls as much as she does. She just does not imagine that they would be afraid of her.

She also forgot that the fact she's loving catgirls is not obvious from this angle.

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

16 hours ago, mlooney said:
  1. Twice my size
  2. Chasing me
  3. Spastic arm motions
  4. Screaming

Once again, I can't fault Cat's logic.

Errr, anal retentive nitpick, that would be twice their height, right? She would outmass them by something like a factor of five to six, if we go with them being three feet tall and Kitty being five feet tall.

"twice my size" can't be considered scientifically exact description, yes.

2 hours ago, detrius said:

Kitty is ignoring the first rule of cat behavior: cats are attracted to people who hate and try to ignore them, and they avoid people who're too 'pushy'.

To be fair, Catalina and Rhoda are NOT running for THIS reason. But yes, totally mistake on her side.

2 hours ago, detrius said:

I already feel bad for her because she probably won't get what she wants.

She only needs to repeat her monologue now when Pandora is likely to listen and she can get everything she wished for. (Disclaimer: might not really be what she wants.)

And yet another instance hummingbird wave, a shtick that has a long and honored history at EGS. It's when a character holds both arms out and waves, often so fast the arms a blur like a hummingbird's wings. Either that or Kitty is related to Spinnerette and actually has six arms. Hummingbird wavers so far include Susan, Elliot, and Ashley, and perhaps some others I've forgotten.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

And yet another instance hummingbird wave, a shtick that has a long and honored history at EGS. It's when a character holds both arms out and waves, often so fast the arms a blur like a hummingbird's wings. Either that or Kitty is related to Spinnerette and actually has six arms. Hummingbird wavers so far include Susan, Elliot, and Ashley, and perhaps some others I've forgotten.

I forget--when did Elliot do that?

17 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Either that or Kitty is related to Spinnerette and actually has six arms.

Being related wouldn't help unless she's her child from after the transformation.

I'm pretty sure that Susan's Curiosity would be on the list of hummingbird-wavers, too. That is, if she counts as a character.

(And Susan's Logic might have done it too, when Curiosity grabbed her to stop her from talking.)

15 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

I'm pretty sure that Susan's Curiosity would be on the list of hummingbird-wavers, too. That is, if she counts as a character.

(And Susan's Logic might have done it too, when Curiosity grabbed her to stop her from talking.)

That wasn't Curiosity nor Logic ; that was Nature.