• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday March 21, 2016

....Ok, so there WERE other vampires in the area. I guess if it weren't for spidervamp pulling out the bombs, Andrea could have had a 7th kill.

Ok, so maybe the griffin's half of the world isn't in danger of getting completely drained of magic. So that might mean there is another point (or points) near enough to handle overflow from Moperville, but yeah the area in their world  where magic would have entered from will be exhausted off magic for the time being.

So, any speculation on all the plot threads that Dan says he is pulling, including the supposedly invisible ones? When the topic of discussion shifts to vampire and monster hunters, you can't not think of Noriko. But I doubt the griffins know anything about her specifically.

Well, he tugged on the "Diane=Susan's sister" thread, as well shown that Elliot is still being watched by those two Immortals, who now have names! :)

Also the big surprise being that Elliot's first encounter with Andrea was not just a one-off.

I am disturbed to learn that that many unfriendly critters were either living in, or have wandered into, the area. That can't be safe. Someone should be doing something... someone besides a Griffon who wouldn't be there under ordinary circumstances.

4 minutes ago, Random Wanderer said:

I am disturbed to learn that that many unfriendly critters were either living in, or have wandered into, the area. That can't be safe. Someone should be doing something... someone besides a Griffon who wouldn't be there under ordinary circumstances.

Someone like a literal super hero. (But only when not in school.)

Too bad Edward doesn't have the job anymore. I'm sure he'd clean up the town.

7 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

The magic buildup and it attracting monsters one obviously. Lord Tedd and Beta Tedd with the alternate universes?

I dunno if we'll ever see Beta Tedd again, but yeah Lord Tedd is one that hasn't been touched in a looooong time, I don't think it'd be addressed here though. Magus though.....I'm not sure, I mean, yeah Helena and Demetrius are connected to the Magus plot line, but they're also connected to Nanase and Susan, so if they were to return before this arc ends, it'd be to address their involvement with Nanase and Susan, hopefully to explain their sudden departure after their fight with the France vampire.

I forgot about Magus. I don't see a direct connection other than alternate universes (or maybe another side of this world) but the buildups could have something to do with him too

If I were just a bit more unscrupulous, I'd invite those two to somewhere infested with vampires, under not-entirely-true pretenses. You know, a magic conference, some vacation spot, hot new restaurant, whatever. Then watch as Andrea gets lost and Tara tries to find her, and they wipe out the vampire population. The best part is, I wouldn't even have to pay them!

Oh, ALRIGHT, I'll pay them the bounties, sheesh, stop with the sad puppy eyes already.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

....Ok, so there WERE other vampires in the area. I guess if it weren't for spidervamp pulling out the bombs, Andrea could have had a 7th kill.

Ok, so maybe the griffin's half of the world isn't in danger of getting completely drained of magic. So that might mean there is another point (or points) near enough to handle overflow from Moperville, but yeah the area in their world  where magic would have entered from will be exhausted off magic for the time being.

Yup, seems like an awful lot of monsters in an awful short time.  Moperville just got a lot scarier.

2 hours ago, liontari said:

So, any speculation on all the plot threads that Dan says he is pulling, including the supposedly invisible ones? When the topic of discussion shifts to vampire and monster hunters, you can't not think of Noriko. But I doubt the griffins know anything about her specifically.

Magus was the first to come to mind, or rather, his Puppetmaster Aberration ally.

If one vampire was enough for Helen and Demetrius to pull their stunt, even if they weren't justified in doing it, the mere fact that they would consider it suggests seven vampires are enough to be keeping DfGB busy...

5 hours ago, CptNerd said:

Personally I think Dan is pulling on threads made of chains.  Hence thread-pulling AND chain-yanking.

That sounds very very plausible.

So, 7th vampire? I think it's time to tell Susan... and definitely Mr. Verres, as soon as possible.

This many vampires would require more people capable of fighting them, especially once Tara and Andrea go back home. So yeah Susan would likely get involved, and Diane will likely need to be recruited.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

This many vampires would require more people capable of fighting them, especially once Tara and Andrea go back home. So yeah Susan would likely get involved, and Diane will likely need to be recruited.

Isn't that the same thinking Jerry got mad at Les Immortals about?  There are grown-up already around who could be called in!  Susan is only 18 and still in high school, too young to drink, too young to rent a car, and mostly untrained; she definitely shouldn't be the first choice to go after the monsters!

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also we have confirmation that she DID, indeed, stayed because lost her way AND that she's not considering vampire anything worth staying for, in fact it seems she's hunting vampires to kill time.

Also, who do you think will be killing those vampires apparently coming to Moperville if not Andrea? Susan or Diane? :)

7 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Too bad Edward doesn't have the job anymore. I'm sure he'd clean up the town.

I imagine that Arthur wouldn't be against someone QUIETLY killing some aberrations ... just not in public. In fact, how do we know that Wolf and Cranium didn't killed another three at the same time? It's not like main eight will be in need to know. (Well ... I imagine Edward might warn them if he perceived that there are more threads around, but perhaps he considers them warned based on the New Year incident ... wait, that was just weeks ago top ... hmmm ...)

... I definitely want to see what Edward would say on seven vampires.

7 hours ago, bargamer@gmail.com said:

If I were just a bit more unscrupulous, I'd invite those two to somewhere infested with vampires, under not-entirely-true pretenses. You know, a magic conference, some vacation spot, hot new restaurant, whatever.

I don't think there is any known gathering spot for vampires. Definitely not after people like Noriko started to search for them.

I would assume seven vampires in same city are definitely something noteworthy.

8 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Isn't that the same thinking Jerry got mad at Les Immortals about?  There are grown-up already around who could be called in!  Susan is only 18 and still in high school, too young to drink, too young to rent a car, and mostly untrained; she definitely shouldn't be the first choice to go after the monsters!

Well of course, the best way to handle this would be to tell Edward and have him get people better equipped out there, but this is the Main Eight we're talking about, there's a better chance they'll get involved. ;)

6 hours ago, CptNerd said:

Personally I think Dan is pulling on threads made of chains.  Hence thread-pulling AND chain-yanking.

And I thought Dan was yanking our tails.

Still, seven Vampires in on (relatively) small municipal area?  And the human populace is almost entirely unaware?  And Edward Verres isn't even running the cover-up operations for Dad's-Government-Business in the FBI any more?

Two, not mutually exclusive, ideas come to mind.

1.  Agents Cranium, Wolf, and other operatives, staffers, agents, and officers involved with that department are dedicated to the cover-up philosophy despite the stated attitude of Arthur.

2.  The average mundane citizen has been so deeply conditioned to believe that magic / aliens / vampires do not actually exist that they will deny the truth and latch on to far more improbable explanations without any additional outside coercion.

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Still, seven Vampires in one (relatively) small municipal area?  And the human populace is almost entirely unaware?

They could have arrived very recently / not have needed to feed for whichever reason, and Andrea nabbed them as soon as they arrived.

It seems I was right when I said there was no way the griffins' world would lose all of its magic because of one clogged drain. Nice.

On the other hand, I couldn't have been more wrong about Andrea observing the Vampider for a while and waiting for a right moment to strike. Based on what she said in this comic, whenever she sees a vampire, she kills it first and asks questions later. Not a fighter, my ass.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

The bombs might have killed the Vampider as well. That would have made it a draw.

11 hours ago, liontari said:

Others have mentioned Diane and Susan's relationship, Helena and Demetrius, the magic buildup attracting monsters, alternate universes, Lord Tedd, Magus and Sirleck and Tedd investigating the magic buildup. The only other plot thread I can think of is Greg training Grace and Ellen. It's possible that when Ellen finally realizes that Susan needs to be told about Diane, she will ask Greg to train the sisters in combat. I don't think Greg has ever personally fought vampires and I'm not sure how he even teaches people magic in the first place, but he's clearly doing something right and I don't think the DGB would be interested in training two teenagers before they're even out of high school.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

And by the standards of most societies before college became an expected thing for middle-class people (as recent as WWII!!!), 18 is full adulthood. Remember, even today an 18 year old is considered old enough to serve in a nation's military and go out and fight to the death at their government's behest.