• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Monday March 21, 2016

On 3/23/2016 at 6:12 AM, hkmaly said:

You forgot to mention one assumption you are making: that she wasn't aware that there are magic-users who are actively hunting her daughter BEFORE. Despite her "I don't have a sister", she knows much more about Noriko than we do.

... maybe her reaction to Ellen dating her daughter would be worse if Ellen wouldn't be magic user. She likely tried to keep her away from Tedd before, but now she seem to gave up that plan and might be scheming to empower the Main Eight ...

(About the "aware of her friends being magic-users" ... well, even if not directly told, she likely could realize what Greg's training is doing. So we can assume she knows about Elliot, Ellen and Justin being magic-users or on the way to becoming them, and she likely knows about Susan. Not sure what she thinks about Tedd. Not sure if she knows Sarah and Grace at all - she may not even know about them being Nanase's friends - wait. She gave Nanase the task of helping Tedd courting Grace.)

Mamase may have known that enemies were hunting her daughter, but the not-Tengu incident stood as proof that such enemies were starting to find and attack her in situations where Edward and other "protector" figures are unable to reach her immediately. Keeping Nanase safe thus requires either getting more/better protectors, hiding Nanase from enemies, or else building Nanase's strength so that she can hold out in such confrontations until the protectors can arrive.

Mamase is likely at least aware of Grace as "Tedd's live-in girlfriend", if Nanase has spoken of her at all beyond simply acknowledging that Tedd has a girlfriend. Mamase seems to maintain at least some contact with Edward, so she may know whatever he is willing to tell her. Sarah however is somebody whom she might not know much about directly except vague descriptions from Nanase about "Elliot's girlfriend"/"Susan's friend"/"Tedd's new lab assistant".

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Mamase may have known that enemies were hunting her daughter, but the not-Tengu incident stood as proof that such enemies were starting to find and attack her in situations where Edward and other "protector" figures are unable to reach her immediately. Keeping Nanase safe thus requires either getting more/better protectors, hiding Nanase from enemies, or else building Nanase's strength so that she can hold out in such confrontations until the protectors can arrive.

Another reason for Helena and Demetrius awakening Nanase in France?  Maybe Mama Kitsune already believed that Noriko's actions may draw attention to the rest of the family, and wanted to make sure her daughter would be able to defend herself. Her speech to Nanase before the New Years Eve party about her and Ellen going around helping people potentially making enemies could have been from experience with Noriko.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Another reason for Helena and Demetrius awakening Nanase in France?  Maybe Mama Kitsune already believed that Noriko's actions may draw attention to the rest of the family, and wanted to make sure her daughter would be able to defend herself. Her speech to Nanase before the New Years Eve party about her and Ellen going around helping people potentially making enemies could have been from experience with Noriko.

I find hard to believe Mamase would approve what Helena and Demetrius did in France, especially considering she certainly had better options. Although, it IS possible that she contacted them without knowing what they do (it is also possible, although unlikely, that SHE is the reason they died improperly).

9 hours ago, ijuin said:

Mamase is likely at least aware of Grace as "Tedd's live-in girlfriend", if Nanase has spoken of her at all beyond simply acknowledging that Tedd has a girlfriend. Mamase seems to maintain at least some contact with Edward, so she may know whatever he is willing to tell her. Sarah however is somebody whom she might not know much about directly except vague descriptions from Nanase about "Elliot's girlfriend"/"Susan's friend"/"Tedd's new lab assistant".

The fact Tedd and Grace lives in same bed house is potentially dangerous information and Nanase is unlikely to tell it deliberately. She might let it slip, of course ...

Not sure why would Sarah be described as Susan's friend. But it's funny that Sarah might be described in ways which makes hard to connect it's the same person. Wait. "Tedd's new lab assistant" is another thing which is unlikely to be shared outside the circle, given that almost everything regarding Tedd's lab is not only secret, but actual national security's top secret.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure why would Sarah be described as Susan's friend.

Because Sarah and Susan were friends even before the comic started? We were introduced to her as Sarah's friend, iirc.

Edit: Feel free to ignore this post. I made a mistake and HarJIT pointed it out in a post below. Apart from ctuttering it up with this comment I'm leaving the post as is, for "hysterical reasons". Besides I put some work into those links...

3 hours ago, Matoyak said:

Because Sarah and Susan were friends even before the comic started? We were introduced to her as Sarah's friend, iirc.

Eh...

No?

First mention (page 2) 
First apperance (page 3) 
First hammer (page 5) 
First phonecall (page 22) 

And yet no mention of Susan, but Elliot is involved every single time.

Edited by Cpt. Obvious
Brain Fart (tm)

I believe the point being made was that we were introduced to Susan in the context of being Sarah's friend, not vice versa.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that Mamase would mostly hear about Sarah through Sarah's connection to other people, since Nanase has only started hanging out with Sarah one-on-one fairly recently (e.g. where they were meeting to discuss Sarah wanting to break up with Elliot just before Christmas).

Yeah, the only other time there was any development between Sarah and Nanase was when Nanase was over at Tedd's trying to figure out what the deal was with her accelerated hair growth. It was mostly character growth on Sarah's part though realizing she was still jealous of Nanase and that she shouldn't be.

14 hours ago, HarJIT said:

I believe the point being made was that we were introduced to Susan in the context of being Sarah's friend, not vice versa.

We, yes. But despite Nanase knowing Susan before Sarah, she likely knew Elliot even sooner AND she might not be aware who are Susan's friends before the main eight formed. Remember that Susan and Sarah visits the other school.

Elliot might have known about Susan prior to the comic starting, but mostly stayed clear because of her attitude towards males at the time. The day Susan invited "Ellen" to the lunch table seems to be the first time Elliot interacted with her.

Anyway, prior to the main eight forming, Nanase knew Susan, Elliot, Justin and of course Tedd.
Sarah just knew Susan, Elliot and Tedd.
Susan knew Nanase, Sarah, Elliot and Tedd.
Tedd knew Sarah, Elliot, Susan (he tended to avoid her as well before "Lunch Table Revelations") and of course Nanase.
Justin knew Nanase and Elliot.
Elliot knew or knew of them all, though he didn't know that Nanase was Tedd's cousin till after she broke up with him.

Grace showing up ended up causing Sarah to meet Justin and Nanase. Ellen's "birth" and the goo fight had them all officially meet each other.

I think that's about right.

Yeah, Elliot may have just known of Susan as "That man-hating friend that Sarah hangs out with"--she did have a reputation in the school as the "Hammer Queen".

23 hours ago, Scotty said:

Elliot might have known about Susan prior to the comic starting, but mostly stayed clear because of her attitude towards males at the time. The day Susan invited "Ellen" to the lunch table seems to be the first time Elliot interacted with her.

Anyway, prior to the main eight forming, Nanase knew Susan, Elliot, Justin and of course Tedd.
Sarah just knew Susan, Elliot and Tedd.
Susan knew Nanase, Sarah, Elliot and Tedd.
Tedd knew Sarah, Elliot, Susan (he tended to avoid her as well before "Lunch Table Revelations") and of course Nanase.
Justin knew Nanase and Elliot.
Elliot knew or knew of them all, though he didn't know that Nanase was Tedd's cousin till after she broke up with him.

Grace showing up ended up causing Sarah to meet Justin and Nanase. Ellen's "birth" and the goo fight had them all officially meet each other.

I think that's about right.

It's true that Tedd knew both Nanase and Susan (or at least ABOUT Susan) but he didn't really talked with either. Similarly, Nanase knew Susan, but seems they didn't regularly talked. So, in my opinion, Nanase first get to know Sarah as Elliot's girlfriend before she found that she has been friend with Susan for some time - similarly how Elliot knew Nanase but didn't know she and Tedd knows each other. We have CONFIRMED that Sarah didn't knew Nanase as Susan's friend - hence "Did everyone meet this girl before I did"?

(Also, Elliot knew Carol yet didn't recognized her, though that's little different case.)

Yeah, it's likely that Tedd and Nanase never really spent much time together after Edward and Noriko's divorce, but they still knew of each other, just probably never occurred to Nanase to say "hey Elliot, I got a cousin that goes to MNHS, would you know him? his name's Tedd", and it was painfully clear that Elliot never told anyone aside from his parents about Nanase (as she had been at his house at some point prior to Ellen's arrival or else the "has already been to the location" part of her fairy spell wouldn't have been met).

Nanase and Susan weren't just passing acquaintances even though after the France trip they tried to treat each other as such hence why Susan never told Sarah at first. When the goo attacked Susan knew that she needed to call Nanase in for help because Nanase was the only one that she knew of at the time that could possibly fight the goo.

And actually, Sarah was wrong about everyone meeting Nanase before her. She met Nanase before Grace did. ;)

On 3/27/2016 at 3:03 AM, Cpt. Obvious said:

Edit: Feel free to ignore this post. I made a mistake and HarJIT pointed it out in a post below. Apart from ctuttering it up with this comment I'm leaving the post as is, for "hysterical reasons". Besides I put some work into those links...

Haha, I  was like "but...that's not what I was saying? :( "