• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
partner555

NP Monday Jan 16, 2017.

Pandora, stop complaining and mark her already.

Wait. Any MAN? It won't work on woman? Or is Pandora just emphasizing that her spell will include sex change when casted on man? Hmmm ... ok, probably the emphasis.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Poor Pandora, the universe really is out to get you today.

...for our amusement.  :)

On Pandora's place, I would suspect outside influence. Like, what if some other immortal is throwing those name-based affinities in her way?

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wait. Any MAN? It won't work on woman? Or is Pandora just emphasizing that her spell will include sex change when casted on man? Hmmm ... ok, probably the emphasis.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pandora meant to include the fact that any men would become cat girls rather than cat boys, when hit by the spell. In contrast, Catalina's cat spell could potentially turn men into cat boys.

As for whether she marks Kitty, I guess it depends on if she refuses to mark another name based affinity out of principle or not.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Pandora meant to include the fact that any men would become cat girls rather than cat boys, when hit by the spell. In contrast, Catalina's cat spell could potentially turn men into cat boys.

I suspect Catalina's spell is target:self only. Rhoda only transformed due to the enchantments linking.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

As for whether she marks Kitty, I guess it depends on if she refuses to mark another name based affinity out of principle or not.

I'm impatiently waiting for it since Kitty appeared. But, yes, "another name based affinity" MIGHT be reason enough for Pandora to not mark her ... I just hope it wouldn't.

34 minutes ago, Stature said:

I feel Destiny is overjoyed with its name-based antics.

Note that after Grace's name, this must've been simple.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect Catalina's spell is target:self only. Rhoda only transformed due to the enchantments linking.

That's what I said, just added that Catalina could potentially transform others after awakening.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That's what I said, just added that Catalina could potentially transform others after awakening.

Hmmmm ... can she? I mean, it's obvious that Catalina could get ability to transform others after awakening, but how / what is more likely? Extension of this spell or another spell? Before we saw Rhoda's resize spell described as three different spells, I would answer "extension", but now I'm not sure.

36 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... can she? I mean, it's obvious that Catalina could get ability to transform others after awakening, but how / what is more likely? Extension of this spell or another spell? Before we saw Rhoda's resize spell described as three different spells, I would answer "extension", but now I'm not sure.

I didn't say it would have to be the same spell with an extension, just that she could potentially do it, which could be either by an extension of her current spell, or a new spell.

There is also the fact that Dan teased that she could be able to when he posted the Catgirl Rhoda pinup.

Right. Um… Plot. Some manner of plot. Explanation for this, um…
Is it a spoiler to say Catalina can do this sort of thing? Make other people catgirls?

It is. I see. I won’t mention that, then.

Heck, it's possible that Catalina spell isn't self only, and that the spell can already target self and others, just like Rhoda's mark spell could resize others and, while we didn't actually see it, likely resize herself, just not with the precision that we saw her do in the dressing room.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I didn't say it would have to be the same spell with an extension, just that she could potentially do it, which could be either by an extension of her current spell, or a new spell.

You said

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Catalina's cat spell could potentially turn men into cat boys.

... but at least we agree now.

19 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There is also the fact that Dan teased that she could be able to when he posted the Catgirl Rhoda pinup.

Right. Um… Plot. Some manner of plot. Explanation for this, um…
Is it a spoiler to say Catalina can do this sort of thing? Make other people catgirls?

It is. I see. I won’t mention that, then.

Heck, it's possible that Catalina spell isn't self only, and that the spell can already target self and others, just like Rhoda's mark spell could resize others and, while we didn't actually see it, likely resize herself, just not with the precision that we saw her do in the dressing room.

It is possible, however Rhoda is actually targeting her spell with hands, while Catalina have no similar sign of her spell being able to target someone else.

(Although it would be funny if she could transform people into catgirls by kissing ... or, like, any touch, but she was convinced only kiss works.)

17 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

Pandora is so cute in this comic.

Pandora's catgirl form is cute, yes, but I'm not sure why should it be more cute in this comics than in this one for example.

(It does seem like same form, although her dress color seem to fade ...)

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You said

Ok, I could have worded that better.

It is possible, however Rhoda is actually targeting her spell with hands, while Catalina have no similar sign of her spell being able to target someone else.

Is she targeting herself when she grew taller? She had her hands down with palms facing forward when she went to cast the spell.

There are many examples of a spell being both target self and other, Ellen's beam can obviously be directed at herself, Tedd's mark spell is self by just willing it and others by touch. Rhoda's could be self by willing, and others by a short range invisible beam and Catalina's might be any of those.

(Although it would be funny if she could transform people into catgirls by kissing ... or, like, any touch, but she was convinced only kiss works.)

I'm not 100% certain that a spell would have that specific type of contact required to cast. Though I'm not sure if spell crafting exists in EGS beyond Tedd's magitech programming so maybe it's possible to make an enchantment that's applied by kissing? Though as it is, I'm inclined to think that an enchantment applied by touch doesn't have to be done strictly by hand.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:
55 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Is she targeting herself when she grew taller? She had her hands down with palms facing forward when she went to cast the spell.

1) She has the palms facing her tights, actually.

2) Technically, we don't know if THIS spell can be targeted to someone else. Although I suppose it can.

There are many examples of a spell being both target self and other, Ellen's beam can obviously be directed at herself, Tedd's mark spell is self by just willing it and others by touch.

Obviously any spell which can target others can target even self.

Rhoda's could be self by willing, and others by a short range invisible beam

She herself mentioned that she needs to target things - wait, that was in context of targeting clothes. Nevermind. Still, we don't have confirmed she can target herself without the "targeting", just by willing.

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:
59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm not 100% certain that a spell would have that specific type of contact required to cast. Though I'm not sure if spell crafting exists in EGS beyond Tedd's magitech programming so maybe it's possible to make an enchantment that's applied by kissing? Though as it is, I'm inclined to think that an enchantment applied by touch doesn't have to be done strictly by hand.

Doesn't sound like time travel, does it? :)

But yes, that's why I said that it can be misconception on her side that other touch doesn't work.

Also, so far we know that wizards can learn other people spells. It IS possible they can mix and match, similarly like Grace can mix and match forms, but, yes, not yet confirmed.

13 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'd say they look more like jeans.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, so far we know that wizards can learn other people spells. It IS possible they can mix and match, similarly like Grace can mix and match forms, but, yes, not yet confirmed.

That could make wizards potentially more powerful than those born with the ability to get their own spells. Nanase has been shown to have an impressive arsenal of spells, but if her aunt Noriko can mix and match all the spells she learns...

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Skinny jeans, I say.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I read it as "the spell would make anybody into a cat girl no matter what they were before".

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Thighs. I meant thighs. (I would blame spellchecker but it seems to recognize it now ...)

15 hours ago, ijuin said:
23 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, I read it as "the spell would make anybody into a cat girl no matter what they were before".

Hmmm ... let's try on Jeremy?

Grace: No zappa the kitty!

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Of course if taking literally this means the human "Kitty" can't be a TF Gun target either.  I suspect that is not what Grace meant, but it's fun to thinks she did.  That also means that Kitty Dukakis1, among other people is also off limits.

1If you don't know who this is, she is Micheal Dukakis'2 wife.

2If you don't know who he is his, get the hell of my lawn and use the Googles to find out.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hey, Pandora!  It's not a name-based affinity, it's an affinity-based name!  Have at it!  ;-)

Her parents had a thing for Catgirls?  OK, I can run with that.

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Her parents had a thing for Catgirls?  OK, I can run with that.

I'm pretty sure CK is referring to Dan's commentary.

"She really likes cat girls... I should name her Kitty!"

So she's named Kitty because of her affinity for cat girls, not the other way round.

2 hours ago, detrius said:

I'm pretty sure CK is referring to Dan's commentary.

"She really likes cat girls... I should name her Kitty!"

So she's named Kitty because of her affinity for cat girls, not the other way round.

Well, yeah, Dan named her Kitty because he made her really like cat girls.

But as for her actually backstory, why would her parents have named her Kitty? Is her last name also cat themed like Catalina Bobcat's? Pandora had said that "just a first or last name usually won't" mean automatic affinity, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But as for her actually backstory, why would her parents have named her Kitty?

The same reason parents usually name kids: it was her mother, grandmother or other female relative name.

It actually make sense that in family with hereditary cat affinity sooner or later emerges a line of females with cat-like name. Less likely for men, but it can "skip generations" over men easily.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Pandora had said that "just a first or last name usually won't" mean automatic affinity

IMHO she means there are usually other reasons beside the name.