• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Friday January 20, 2017

Given that both Ashley and Elliot are bad liars, it's probably for the best that they NOT be trying to pull off a big whopper of a story. Half-truths and truths-with-omissions will work better for them and for their consciences.

As for all of the messages, I would bet that they wanted to tell him about Tedd becoming depressive after finding out about Magic Itself being opposed to Tedd's Master Plan.

Finally someone responds to Mr. Verres' plan with an appropriate amount of scepticism and points out that it hinges on two of the most terrible liars in the world keeping up an extremely deceitful act.

"I did not have sexual relations with that pink haired woman."

Completely true.  But if Elliot should say it, the typical high school rumor mill will take that denial as an admission.  Then all the other stories that are more implausible, like the shapeshifting superheroine, will be dismissed as a desperate attempt to cover up what Elliot and Ashley were really doing in the mall.

43 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Then all the other stories that are more implausible, like the shapeshifting superheroine, will be dismissed as a desperate attempt to cover up what Elliot and Ashley were really doing in the mall.

You know The Dan did leave it some what up in the air as to exactly how far Elliot and Ashley went in the changing room. 

1 hour ago, detrius said:

Finally someone responds to Mr. Verres' plan with an appropriate amount of criticism and points out that it hinges on two of the most terrible liars in the world keeping up an extremely deceitful act.

Was this brought up before?

Would Mr. Elliot Dunkel please come at our presence? And please hurry!!

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Awooga Awwooga

Alien distress alarm?

3 minutes ago, Stature said:
3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Awooga Awwooga

Alien distress alarm?

WWII movie submarine diving alarm noise was what I was shooting for.

10 minutes ago, mlooney said:

WWII movie submarine diving alarm noise was what I was shooting for.

That I can now picture.

I need to re-listen to some notable soundbites.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... what does Sarah and Grace need Elliot for? Or did they texted everyone and Ellen just didn't looked yet?

I'm thinking they wanted to tell Elliot about the state Tedd's now in and to see if he could say anything to help make Tedd feel better or something?

Both Grace and Sarah know that Elliot has been Tedd's best friend for years, and while Grace is Tedd's girlfriend and has been a very important part of Tedd's life in the past year in terms of helping Tedd understand himself better, if nothing Grace could think of could cheer Tedd up, she might think Elliot would have some luck, Sarah probably feels the same way. the fact that both had texted Elliot could mean they might have thought about asking his help after Grace and Tedd went back home.

Does Elliot know about the prophetic dreams and Will's message about the rules changing?  I'm thinking not, since Tedd didn't know about it.  That makes the reason Tedd's depressed too much to explain via text, they probably will need to talk in person.

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Does Elliot know about the prophetic dreams and Will's message about the rules changing?  I'm thinking not, since Tedd didn't know about it.  That makes the reason Tedd's depressed too much to explain via text, they probably will need to talk in person.

Sarah could easily have just waited till she got to school to tell Elliot about it. Maybe the texts are to at least give Elliot a heads up that Tedd's not doing too good. Or maybe Tedd's refusing to go to school and they need Elliot to go over talk to him.

I just feel that the texts are Tedd related because anything else Grace and Sarah could tell him, Sarah could do so before class anyway.

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Sarah could easily have just waited till she got to school to tell Elliot about it.

On most Monday's sure, but not THIS Monday...

There is going to be to much gossip and onlookers for the level of privacy needed for that conversation. 

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"I did not have sexual relations with that pink haired woman."

Completely true.  But if Elliot should say it, the typical high school rumor mill will take that denial as an admission.  Then all the other stories that are more implausible, like the shapeshifting superheroine, will be dismissed as a desperate attempt to cover up what Elliot and Ashley were really doing in the mall.

Yeah, that might be good idea.

15 hours ago, mlooney said:
15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Then all the other stories that are more implausible, like the shapeshifting superheroine, will be dismissed as a desperate attempt to cover up what Elliot and Ashley were really doing in the mall.

You know The Dan did leave it some what up in the air as to exactly how far Elliot and Ashley went in the changing room. 

Doesn't matter what they did, Elliot can't have sexual relationship with different form of himself.

10 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Obi-What-Elliot?  Just because he likes a bit of me time in the morning is no excuse for that sort of language miss!

What?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Sarah could easily have just waited till she got to school to tell Elliot about it. Maybe the texts are to at least give Elliot a heads up that Tedd's not doing too good. Or maybe Tedd's refusing to go to school and they need Elliot to go over talk to him.

I just feel that the texts are Tedd related because anything else Grace and Sarah could tell him, Sarah could do so before class anyway.

2 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

On most Monday's sure, but not THIS Monday...

There is going to be to much gossip and onlookers for the level of privacy needed for that conversation. 

Doesn't solve the issue of it being too complicated to send by text. And it's too late for "let's meet somewhere before school", probably. Unless those texts are from yesterday and they wanted to meet him yesterday but he didn't noticed until now.

36 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:
12 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Obi-What-Elliot?  Just because he likes a bit of me time in the morning is no excuse for that sort of language miss!

What?

"me time" http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=929

Yes I know. But what does it have to do with "Obi-Wan Ka-Elliot"?

(Note: It's funny strip, because Ellen must still remember what he can be doing in bathroom and Elliot must know that, so one of them is pretending there.)

56 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yes I know. But what does it have to do with "Obi-Wan Ka-Elliot"?

(Note: It's funny strip, because Ellen must still remember what he can be doing in bathroom and Elliot must know that, so one of them is pretending there.)

Yeah, if there's a connection between today's page and the one from Sister II, I'm missing it.

The Obi Wan reference would be refering to Ellen thinking that Elliot would have to pull a "these aren't the droids you are looking for" handwave to convince people that his cover story is solid. That doesn't seem to be the same as frantically yelling "interpret that in a good way!" Unless of course Ellen expects Elliot to end up doing something like that.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Ahem.  I do believe it was a play on the term "wanker" as an insult, and/or "to wank" as a term for masturbation.  "Obi Wan Ka-Elliot"

It was.  I thought, especially since it's a changed spelling, that would be obvious! I suppose Obi Wan Ke Elliot would have been hard to say.

"Cheerleadra? Now there's a name I've not heard in a long, long time."

5 hours ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

It was.  I thought, especially since it's a changed spelling, that would be obvious! I suppose Obi Wan Ke Elliot would have been hard to say.

What gets me though, is if it was a jab at Elliot's "me time" statement back in Sister II, as far as I can tell this would be the first time Ellen's teased Elliot about it in what, 10 months since the incident? It just seems strange that of all the times we've seen Ellen tease Elliot, this particular tease hadn't come up before, so it didn't seem obvious to me

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

What gets me though, is if it was a jab at Elliot's "me time" statement back in Sister II, as far as I can tell this would be the first time Ellen's teased Elliot about it in what, 10 months since the incident? It just seems strange that of all the times we've seen Ellen tease Elliot, this particular tease hadn't come up before, so it didn't seem obvious to me

I made the joke. Me. Myself. Not Dan. I do not think Dan intended to make a joke about this. We've had a slight, um, humour ... malfunction ... but we're all fine here now. we're fine. How are you?

That's where I was confused, the way you said it before sounded like it was in reference to an actual canon link between the comics. It's all clear now. hehe.