• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Story Friday January 20, 2017

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... ok, didn't t[ake] this into account. That makes [it] even more weird (or maybe uncommon would be better term) Greg cosplays as Chun Li.

There are a few guys out there who do female characters really well.  Either they're androgynous enough (or good enough with make-up and padding and such) to be able to look just like the character, or they do a male version of the character while keeping the essence that makes it that character.  (Likewise there are female versions of male characters.)  There are also some guys who do female character even though they don't/can't look female doing it, but they have so much *fun* with it that you just don't mind a bit.  Even the actress who played the role, or the artist who draws the character, will break out in a grin when they see him.  The classic image is Sailor Moon with the traditional short-skirted outfit but with a full beard, too.  It's a joke and most people get the joke just fine.

I'm aware people do thinks like this. I've seen pictures. I don't think Greg is androgynous and I think it would be a lot of work for joke, so - uncommon.

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't recall Tedd owning a copy.

I don't recall it either, but it was added on wiki 2010-05-06T03:05:47‎ by 76.106.63.141.

EDIT: found it!

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't recall it either, but it was added on wiki 2010-05-06T03:05:47‎ by 76.106.63.141.

That might be an error then considering the wiki doesn't mention Ellen purchasing the DVD and Dan has stated that "Not a Date at the mall" is canon.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

EDIT: found it!

It was described as being in Tedd's anime stash. BEFORE the NP story with Ellen buying it appeared, and for in-story time estimate, before Ellen was created.

Also, the wiki DOES talk about Ellen buying it in more recent versions, although it didn't in 2010.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It was described as being in Tedd's anime stash. BEFORE the NP story with Ellen buying it appeared, and for in-story time estimate, before Ellen was created.

Also, the wiki DOES talk about Ellen buying it in more recent versions, although it didn't in 2010.

Ahh ok, I failed to realized the link you posted before was an older version.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Ahh ok, I failed to realized the link you posted before was an older version.

It was specifically the link to version where it was added (I copied it directly from page history).

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It was specifically the link to version where it was added (I copied it directly from page history).

Yeah, it just didn't click with me that it was the case though.