• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Friday January 20, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=567

On 1/18/2017 at 8:15 PM, Vorlonagent said:

Rhoda's easiest two choices are:

Make Kitty bigger: Tiny catgrils can find corners and places Kitty can't follow and Kitty will have trouble fitting through doors.

Make Kitty smaller.  Without the ears and tail that make catgirls really fast she should not be able to keep up.

Harder/weirder choices might be:

Shorten Kitty's legs.  Short strides should slow Kitty down same way making her generally smaller should.

Enlarge Kitty's bust.  Try and run at top speed without sufficient support.

Enlarge Kitty's clothes but not Kitty.  Try and run at top speed when your shoes are the equivalent of untied and your skirt is sliding down

I think Vorlonagent gets all the cookies, eventhough this strip is just fantasy panels, the fact is he still called it. lol.

Well, the enlarging bust and making her smaller bits at least.

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think Vorlonagent gets all the cookies, eventhough this strip is just fantasy panels, the fact is he still called it. lol.

Wasn't that hard to guess if you evaluate it like this. The "enlarge bust" is only one he hit exactly.

Apparently, the "make larger so she won't fit" wouldn't match the layout of store (in other words, she would fit regardless).

Enlarge clothes wouldn't work as Rhoda can target just single object. But shrinking Kitty without clothes is similar. Not sure if I believe Dan he didn't considered it: even just little smaller would force her to stop unless she want to trip over own clothes, and might not be fatal wardrobe malfunction.

I'm also not sure why making someone shorter would be bad if it would be just for few minutes.

Hmmm ... what could be less invasive option? Would Rhoda's choice be what I proposed, enlarging something else and blocking path with it?

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=567

I called the opposite of Panel 1, which I think is worth a cookie nibble.  I should have remembered that Dan likes girls shrinking out of their clothes...

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Wasn't that hard to guess if you evaluate it like this. The "enlarge bust" is only one he hit exactly.

Second panel fits "make Kitty smaller".

Panel 1 isn't so much "enlarge Kitty's clothes" as it's really "shrink Kitty out of her clothes" but the effect is still the same.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm also not sure why making someone shorter would be bad if it would be just for few minutes.

This is Rhoda, for whom size always matters....

Just now, Vorlonagent said:
4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's also the fact that she'd be using a spell on someone without their permission. Though, of the three options given, just making Kitty shorter would be the least embarrassing to her.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Second panel fits "make Kitty smaller".

Panel 1 isn't so much "enlarge Kitty's clothes" as it's really "shrink Kitty out of her clothes" but the effect is still the same.

Shorter isn't smaller, those are two different spells, although the reason why would match, so maybe ...

Already said what was bad on the "enlarge clothes" idea: just one target.

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I called the opposite of Panel 1, which I think is worth a cookie nibble. 

Well as long as it's your cookies ...

1 minute ago, Scotty said:
5 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

It's also the fact that she'd be using a spell on someone without their permission. Though, of the three options given, just making Kitty shorter would be the least embarrassing to her.

Yeah - enchanting someone without their permission can be bad, but if she already decided to do it, "shorter" seems like least bad option.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Objectively, yes.  But Rhoda may not be able to be objective about size.  She's naturally short and her size may mix with her other insecurities.  Making someone else short without their permission could seem worse to her than you.

10 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Her height, her bust, everything counts in very large amounts.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well as long as it's your cookies ...

And as long as they are safe to eat

23 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
34 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Objectively, yes.  But Rhoda may not be able to be objective about size.  She's naturally short and her size may mix with her other insecurities.  Making someone else short without their permission could seem worse to her than you.

But ALL Rhoda can do is related to size.

I wonder what Kitty's reaction would be, if option C were to happen.........

I mean, she's chasing two real life cat girls,(which are too small, too fast, and too cat-like altogether to be normal humans) and suddenly, out of nowhere, her chest leveled up to a H-cup size.(they're too big to be natural) What would her reaction be?

They're Magical Cat Girls? A Cosplay Doll from Inukami is running amok? We've lost fighting the Elder Gods in Mortal Kombat and we're being taken over by the Other Realm?

..............................................Yes, I've thought too much into this. But how would you react, if that happened to you?(since some people don't believe in magic)

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not true.  Rhoda has a disguise spell.

That particular spell wouldn't help her much at the moment, but she might have something else that could.  It would have to be something she doesn't yet know about (Rhoda really needs a spellbook...)

2 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not true.  Rhoda has a disguise spell.

... ok, all she can reliably do. Not sure if her disguise can be casted on other person.

3 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

That particular spell wouldn't help her much at the moment, but she might have something else that could.  It would have to be something she doesn't yet know about (Rhoda really needs a spellbook...)

How can she PLAN to use something she don't know about?

Also, yes, but I don't think she get any ... like ... I don't think she has any at current point of main story. Maybe later, if they decide to confront Elliot.

30 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Also, yes, but I don't think she get any ... like ... I don't think she has any at current point of main story. Maybe later, if they decide to confront Elliot.

If Rhoda uses a new and previously unknown spell it will be because it happens to match what she wants to do.  If you don't have a spellbook, you luck into new spells when you accidentally cast them.  So if Rhoda has a XYZ spell she doesn't know about, wanting to do something like XYZ to Kitty ought to cast the spell.

There is also the possibility that Rhoda already has another non-size-changing spell.

Hilarity would ensue if whatever Rhoda tries ended up drawing Kitty into the linked enchantment that Rhoda has unknowingly set in motion.

20 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If Rhoda uses a new and previously unknown spell it will be because it happens to match what she wants to do.  If you don't have a spellbook, you luck into new spells when you accidentally cast them.  So if Rhoda has a XYZ spell she doesn't know about, wanting to do something like XYZ to Kitty ought to cast the spell.

But that's more likely to happen if she don't try to think about what the spells she knows about could be used.

Also, after the disguise, it would feel too much as deus ex machina.

There is also the possibility that Rhoda already has another non-size-changing spell.

Possible, but unlikely. She only talked about size changes.

Hilarity would ensue if whatever Rhoda tries ended up drawing Kitty into the linked enchantment that Rhoda has unknowingly set in motion.

Definitely, but I think that's more likely if she tries one of her size change spells.

(Still waiting for Pandora marking Kitty ...)

32 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

But that's more likely to happen if she don't try to think about what the spells she knows about could be used.

Rhoda could be finding herself wishing that she could do some kind of variant on stuff she already knows she can do.

Depending on presentation, it could feel Deus ex Machina but I'd go with it if Dan makes a good joke out of it.  I'm kind of expecting/hoping that whatever Rhoda does further complicates the linked enchantment and adds Kitty into it but I have no idea what Rhoda could do that would have that effect.

45 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Rhoda could be finding herself wishing that she could do some kind of variant on stuff she already knows she can do.

Depending on presentation, it could feel Deus ex Machina but I'd go with it if Dan makes a good joke out of it

That's how he got away with it with disguise. It would need to be VERY good to not feel repeated.

46 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I'm kind of expecting/hoping that whatever Rhoda does further complicates the linked enchantment and adds Kitty into it but I have no idea what Rhoda could do that would have that effect.

Actually, I think that IF that happens, it won't be because of WHAT Rhoda would do. Either it would be that whatever she casts ends up linking her, or she can't do it and will only THINK that's what happened when Pandora marks her and Rhoda's spell will activate Kitty's new spell.

(Obviously, she could also link her by shrinking her, put her into pocket and then cast another spell, but that's too  complicated, so I'm not counting that as possibility.)

Actually, I think that IF that happens, it won't be because of WHAT Rhoda would do. Either it would be that whatever she casts ends up linking her, or she can't do it and will only THINK that's what happened when Pandora marks her and Rhoda's spell will activate Kitty's new spell.

(Obviously, she could also link her by shrinking her, put her into pocket and then cast another spell, but that's too  complicated, so I'm not counting that as possibility.)

The enchantments on Rhoda and Catalina got linked because they were in extremely close contact.  I can't see a fresh cast to someone not in close contact would carry all the other enchantments over.  It's possible Rhoda could do that unintentionally by casting in hurry. 

Failing that, the only other way to hit Kitty with all 4 linked enchantments would  be if Rhoda turned around and crawled into Kitty's clothes.  While potentially hilarious, that's not a Rhoda sort of thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The enchantments on Rhoda and Catalina got linked because they were in extremely close contact.

The contact definitely helped, especially if the disguise spell is normally self-only, but the main reason was that she casted one spell affecting two people already under some spells.

5 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I can't see a fresh cast to someone not in close contact would carry all the other enchantments over. 

The fresh spell is unlikely to create new link, but it's possible that the already existing link is THAT much aggressive.

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Failing that, the only other way to hit Kitty with all 4 linked enchantments would  be if Rhoda turned around and crawled into Kitty's clothes.  While potentially hilarious, that's not a Rhoda sort of thing to do.

Not only unlikely, but also I don't see how would that link her.

Wait. I see one possible option: if Rhoda would cast something on Kitty, but at the same time Catalina trips and Kitty trips over her and Rhoda ends up casting something on both. THAT would be extremely likely to link her to the whole mess.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The contact definitely helped, especially if the disguise spell is normally self-only, but the main reason was that she casted one spell affecting two people already under some spells.

The fresh spell is unlikely to create new link, but it's possible that the already existing link is THAT much aggressive.

Wait. I see one possible option: if Rhoda would cast something on Kitty, but at the same time Catalina trips and Kitty trips over her and Rhoda ends up casting something on both. THAT would be extremely likely to link her to the whole mess.

Physical contact was critical for creating the link.  Catalina's proximity to Rhoda when she cast her disguise spell was what linked everything together,  Unless Rhoda tried to extend one of the spells on her or Catalina to Kitty, I don't see the link transferring with any new cast unless there is some variable in the mix that could make the link jump to Kitty spontaneously.

Agreed that anything that ends up with Rhoda, Catalina, or both as a target along with Kitty would bring the whole link across.

The other alternative would be that the catgirls run between two objects, and then Rhoda enlarges those two objects so there isn't room for Kitty to run between them.

It would require a certain sort of situation where this would delay Kitty possibly-enough for the others to get away.

... and it would probably score low on the jinks scale, so this is probably not what will happen.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think the original shrink spell she cast on Catalina was one she didn't know she could do as well because she wasn't sure she could and basically hoped for it to work, being able to resize herself any way she did know because she even said she did some testing with it, so basically we have the original mark spell, the resize scale (seems to be an upgraded version of the original that includes clothing) spell, the resize proportions spell, and the disguise spell which is probably her first spell not related to size, but is at least related to back when she didn't want to be recognized as the girl on TV when the creepy little girl appeared. Hmm this raises the question of when did Pandora mark Rhoda? Was it just prior to her appearance on TV, like mark then "HA HA HA HA!" in which case Rhoda might have been the first person marked in Pandora's plan to make magic public? Or did she mark Dex first, then Justin, and then Rhoda while Rhoda was telling Justin that she might have a distorted perception of scale?

Anyway, Rhoda's already been confirmed by Pandora as being more talented than she thought she was, it's possible Rhoda has more tricks that she doesn't know about yet, she doesn't really know how gaining new spells works either, she likely thinks that if she's already cast a couple new spells already then maybe she can try casting anything she can think of.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Physical contact was critical for creating the link.  Catalina's proximity to Rhoda when she cast her disguise spell was what linked everything together,  Unless Rhoda tried to extend one of the spells on her or Catalina to Kitty, I don't see the link transferring with any new cast unless there is some variable in the mix that could make the link jump to Kitty spontaneously.

Agreed that anything that ends up with Rhoda, Catalina, or both as a target along with Kitty would bring the whole link across.

For the sake of hijinks, one possible scenario would be Rhoda firing off a spell just as Kitty tackled her, thus being in close physical contact to create a new link between Kitty and Rhoda, whether that link is an extension of the one already between Rhoda and Catalina or not is another thing but for hijinks two links are better than one. :P

22 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Physical contact was critical for creating the link.  Catalina's proximity to Rhoda when she cast her disguise spell was what linked everything together

Once again what I think happened:

1) Due to physical proximity, Rhoda casted her disguise spell both on herself and on Catalina.

2) Casting single spell on two already transformed people created the link.

So, physical contact was necessary, but only indirectly.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hmm this raises the question of when did Pandora mark Rhoda? Was it just prior to her appearance on TV, like mark then "HA HA HA HA!" in which case Rhoda might have been the first person marked in Pandora's plan to make magic public? Or did she mark Dex first, then Justin, and then Rhoda while Rhoda was telling Justin that she might have a distorted perception of scale?

She wasn't near Rhoda on the HA HA HA HA ... I think that most likely, she marked Rhoda of-panel, that is we didn't see the situation. It wasn't that long before the boar, because she would be likely to cast it sooner, and that instance of her talking with Justing is April 11th while the boar is May 12th (and I think we didn't saw Rhoda between those two moments). So, both Justin and Dex were before Rhoda ...

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

For the sake of hijinks, one possible scenario would be Rhoda firing off a spell just as Kitty tackled her, thus being in close physical contact to create a new link between Kitty and Rhoda, whether that link is an extension of the one already between Rhoda and Catalina or not is another thing but for hijinks two links are better than one.

... that would be even better than Catalina tripping.