• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday March 21, 2016

Can't think of a video game I might recommend to Grace.  Nope, none at all.  Or if there were one, I expect it would have a famously quiet and well-behaved fandom.

...I'm talking, of course, about Iji.

I get a cookie!!!

Honestly, I'd never tried the non-violent approach to those types of games, though I don't think TES: Oblivion or Skyrim really allowed for that anyway. I mean there were some quests where you could either let the target live and say you killed them, or just kill them. but as far as avoiding any fighting, couldn't do it.

It's like skyrim, but with guns.

More seriously, it's an rpg/shooter where the player explores vast wastes, shoots meets people, and levels up. Very good as far as RPG's go. Although the storyline isn't up to the par the gameplay, side missions, and worldbuilding sets, it's still a worthwhile experience, especially Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 3 Again,This Time with Mods and the DLC.

I wonder if Grace has ever tried Myst, or the Sims games?  Or mystery games like the Nancy Drew series?

And don't say there's no plot to the Sims, there are several ways to play with a goal in mind, newer versions include plenty of challenges, and there are separate games with even more plot, like Castaways.

I had fun in Iji (and even managed to beat that one incredibly annoying optional boss by that fight apparently not being a fight at all) but I sort of cheated in that playthough by figuring out that it doesn't count as a direct kill if they die by a detached flying turret whipping through the air at 100 mph

55 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

So, is this cannon? And is George about to figure something out about Grace?

It's probably about as canon as the "Grace plays Chrono Trigger" storyline. Which if canon, could have happened anywhere in the timeline, like during the 6 month gap.

Hmmm....actually, if we go by the start of the Chrono Trigger NP story. It's possible that it occurs after the MV5 story.

8 hours ago, WR...S said:

Can't think of a video game I might recommend to Grace.  Nope, none at all.  Or if there were one, I expect it would have a famously quiet and well-behaved fandom.

...I'm talking, of course, about Iji.

I though there are no people to kill in Portal. Does the bots counts?

Also, pokemon obviously. Every pokemon just faints, noone is killed.

And, well, stuff like Transport Tycoon.

59 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I imagine that George finding something about Grace could be main reason why this wouldn't be canon.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It's probably about as canon as the "Grace plays Chrono Trigger" storyline. Which if canon, could have happened anywhere in the timeline, like during the 6 month gap.

... wait ... wasn't that storyline declared non-cannon based on fact that Grace mentioned "A Link to the past" while in-cannon the hero name is "Chain" in EGS universe? Generally, that the gaming storylines are non-cannon because Grace plays our universe games instead of EGS universe games?

Also, in King's Quest, the PS4 version at least, you can choose the Wisdom and Compassion routes that have less acts of deliberate harm than the Bravery routes.

4 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

He might jump to the conclusion that she's a furry.

40 minutes ago, OzLionHeart said:

Well, she is - and she has a really neat squirrel costume. But she won't share her costuming tricks with other furries.

1 hour ago, OzLionHeart said:

How? She doesn't have any hair below her neck, remember?

13 hours ago, Duke of Pretzels said:

It's like skyrim, but with guns.

More seriously, it's an rpg/shooter where the player explores vast wastes, shoots meets people, and levels up. Very good as far as RPG's go. Although the storyline isn't up to the par the gameplay, side missions, and worldbuilding sets, it's still a worthwhile experience, especially Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 3 Again,This Time with Mods and the DLC.

I prefer Fallout 2 myself. Though you should note that 3, NV and 4 are shooters, while 1 and 2 are turn based 3rd person party RPG's. 

Undertale's designed with pacifism in mind...

Although, Grace is a curious girl, and will eventually have...

A BAD TIME.

krackathoom

In other words and stuff, Skyrim's interesting with a Pacifism run, especially on the Main Quest. Play smart, and you can possibly (you might need to kill Mirulnir at the Western Watchtower) get through the whole main quest part of the game and ONLY kill Alduin.

Admittedly this means being on a constant dripfeed of health potions in the final run to Sovngarde where like 3 dragons and like 60 suped up draugr wail on you... And a dragon priest, but it's amusing to me to play a game where nobody dies but the cause of the bigger trouble.

What else... Spore. I took over a decent chunk of my spiral arm as a blind herbivore friendly economist single cellsd organism through trading spice and doing happy friendly missions, and rejecting aggressive missions.

7 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Well, there's no canon canon so probably not?

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I though there are no people to kill in Portal. Does the bots counts?

Also, pokemon obviously. Every pokemon just faints, noone is killed.

And, well, stuff like Transport Tycoon.

...Technically Pokemon counts, but as a battle game with kinda nightmarish morality if you think too hard about it, I kinda doubt it's the type of thing she's looking for.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... wait ... wasn't that storyline declared non-cannon based on fact that Grace mentioned "A Link to the past" while in-cannon the hero name is "Chain" in EGS universe? Generally, that the gaming storylines are non-cannon because Grace plays our universe games instead of EGS universe games?

I'm talking from the point where Grace tells Tedd that "it's time to play that game", the strips before that can be considered separate. Also it could be possible that both Legend of Zelda and Legend of Celida exist in the EGS universe, just like The Great Giana Sisters was a clone of Super Mario Brothers.

3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

...Technically Pokemon counts, but as a battle game with kinda nightmarish morality if you think too hard about it, I kinda doubt it's the type of thing she's looking for.

Grace is not against battle games with cartoonish violence and we know she has already played some Pokémon. In one sketchbook, she told Sarah that she caught a Furfrou and named it Susan. :lol:

Granted, that might not have been canon, but it was still funny and I can totally see her doing that.