• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Wanderer

Is Grrl Power set in a computer simulation?

I notice there seems to be a running theme of computer programs and video gaming going on in Grrl Power's setting. First with Sydney's orbs having a skilltree, then the idea that magic has programming languages, and now introducing a character with the power to hack reality. This has me starting to wonder if the comic's universe doesn't actually exist and it's all just a big computer simulation. That would explain all those things.

I also wonder, can the universe crash? Can Krona change the speed of light? Or the value of pi?

On 1/26/2017 at 1:50 AM, Wanderer said:

I notice there seems to be a running theme of computer programs and video gaming going on in Grrl Power's setting. First with Sydney's orbs having a skilltree, then the idea that magic has programming languages, and now introducing a character with the power to hack reality. This has me starting to wonder if the comic's universe doesn't actually exist and it's all just a big computer simulation. That would explain all those things.

I also wonder, can the universe crash? Can Krona change the speed of light? Or the value of pi?

No, she couldn't, because PI is a formula, something without a physical representation in the real world. I'm making the assumption that Krona can only manipulate "real" things, like hair color or the strength of gravity or the flavor of a potato that's been cored out and filled with jalapeno seeds. 

Light... maybe, but if you make the speed of light faster/slower, the only people who are going to notice are astronomers.

The problem with changing anything about physics is that you can't change just one thing--a huge number of things are inter-related. Let's take the light-speed example:

Ever heard of e = m * c^2? The "c" is the speed of light. That means that changing the speed of light inherently changes the energy content of matter. Change that more than a couple percent, and you've seriously changed the rate at which nuclear reactions proceed, which disrupts such everyday things as oh, THE SUN. Hope you like all the sudden supernovas!