• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Monday, January 30, 2017

I have owned clothes that seem to shrink rapidly once I wear them.

As for the commentary? I've never seen anyone rollerblading or skateboarding in the interior corridors of a mall.  But I have seen people ice skating in the mall.

30 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for the commentary? I've never seen anyone rollerblading or skateboarding in the interior corridors of a mall.  But I have seen people ice skating in the mall.

I've seen kids with Heelys rolling through the mall before.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"I used to think the dryer was shrinking my clothes. Then I found out it was actually the refrigerator."

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=571

Note that resizing sleeves doesn't exactly scream "magic". Could be just some trick.

GURPS Magic Items had an enchantment spell for "Infinite Sleeves." You could just tear off pieces for rags, bandages, wicks for molotov cocktails, etc., and the sleeves would be magically restored.

I just love the way Kitty is holding her hands in that last panel.  She looks so much like a cat, which, of course, suits her to no end.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

"I used to think the dryer was shrinking my clothes. Then I found out it was actually the refrigerator."

That's in quotation marks, do you have an attribution?

Considering that disbelieving magic is on the order of moon landing conspiracies, I'm going to go with "just so jaded."

Heck, he probably remembers that Japanese redhead just floating around the place...

18 minutes ago, WR...S said:

Considering that disbelieving magic is on the order of moon landing conspiracies, I'm going to go with "just so jaded."

Heck, he probably remembers that Japanese redhead just floating around the place...

Wasn't that just school?

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Notice that the guard is one of the same ones who call in a "Code Spooky" in So a Date at the Mall. Nice continuity, and hope we will see the cranky guard from Indiana Elliot and the TOSF again. Hey, they might even be married.

Give the security guy glasses and freckles and he looks like "Some Guy" from the card tournament. I wonder if they're related.

51 minutes ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Notice that the guard is one of the same ones who call in a "Code Spooky" in So a Date at the Mall. Nice continuity, and hope we will see the cranky guard from Indiana Elliot and the TOSF again. Hey, they might even be married.

Give the security guy glasses and freckles and he looks like "Some Guy" from the card tournament. I wonder if they're related

This is one time when my "It's a new person!!!!" button isn't being pushed.  Taking two people, that do look like each other, or share the same job, and having a link to each other doesn't bother me.  So, yeah, Mr and Mrs. Guy, retail security, and their son Some.  They met at a training course.  Works for me.  I know of a least 2 couples this sort of thing applies to.

I do worry about their naming choices for their child however.

23 minutes ago, mlooney said:

This is one time when my "It's a new person!!!!" button isn't being pushed.  Taking two people, that do look like each other, or share the same job, and having a link to each other doesn't bother me.  So, yeah, Mr and Mrs. Guy, retail security, and their son Some.  They met at a training course.  Works for me.  I know of a least 2 couples this sort of thing applies to.

I can totally get behind this as being canon.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I do worry about their naming choices for their child however.

It is a tradition carried on from Mrs. Guy's father Every Man and Mr. Guy's mother Any Guy.

19 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It is a tradition carried on from Mrs. Guy's father Every Man and Mr. Guy's mother Any Guy.

Then there's Mr. Guy's cousin "This" who works at Gunnerkrigg Court...

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I doubt we'll see her at the mall; she works at Swedekea.

14 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
15 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That's in quotation marks, do you have an attribution?

I *think* it was AVERAGEJ0E over at Motley Fool... let me go check... nope, it was ptheland. And I had some minor errors in the wording. Should be: "I thought my dryer was shrinking my clothes. Turns out it was the refrigerator. "

14 hours ago, partner555 said:
14 hours ago, WR...S said:

Wasn't that just school?

School and comics shop :)

Yes, Nanase might be less careful than she should, but I don't think everyone in whole city knows she can fly.

16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Notice that the guard is one of the same ones who call in a "Code Spooky" in So a Date at the Mall.

Although considering this, the guard might have enough reasons to believe in magic.

20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

School and comics shop :)

Yes, Nanase might be less careful than she should, but I don't think everyone in whole city knows she can fly.

That's from NP, and there's no canon.png

I don't think it should count as a flying or Nase sighting.

41 minutes ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Dan's stated through the last Q&A that "Magic Comic Shop" is "sort of canon?". The fact that Justin, Ellen and Nanase hung out at the comic shop prior to going to the mall in "Not a Date at the Mall" which is canon. Also the fact that both are referred to in the main comic also gives canon value to "Magic Comic Shop", however, we could easily just say that the events of "Magic Comic Shop" could have been told from the perspective of one of the character's involved, like Justin telling Grace and this is what Grace imagined happened?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

Dan's stated through the last Q&A that "Magic Comic Shop" is "sort of canon?". The fact that Justin, Ellen and Nanase hung out at the comic shop prior to going to the mall in "Not a Date at the Mall" which is canon. Also the fact that both are referred to in the main comic also gives canon value to "Magic Comic Shop",

Yes, exactly.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

however, we could easily just say that the events of "Magic Comic Shop" could have been told from the perspective of one of the character's involved, like Justin telling Grace and this is what Grace imagined happened?

What exactly could Justin said which would make Grace imagined Nanase was showing her fairy without it actually happening? Unless she would actually show the fairy as non-animated doll.

3 hours ago, Cpt. Obvious said:

I was talking about magic in general, so Nase - wait, isn't Nase Susan's fairy?

And if it's not canon enough for you, remember that Nanase AND Justin used their illusion magic in the shop, and that's DEFINITELY canon.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

What exactly could Justing said which would make Grace imagined Nanase was showing her fairy without it actually happening? Unless she would actually show the fairy as non-animated doll.

All he could say is that he had Nanase cover the til for a bit. It certainly is canon that she's used her magic in the shop before, so she could have used her fairy avatar or Justin was vague about what Nanase did and Grace filled in the blanks.

Also, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has a tendency of accidentally putting "g" at the end of Justin. :)

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

What exactly could Justing said which would make Grace imagined Nanase was showing her fairy without it actually happening? Unless she would actually show the fairy as non-animated doll.

All he could say is that he had Nanase cover the til for a bit. It certainly is canon that she's used her magic in the shop before, so she could have used her fairy avatar or Justin was vague about what Nanase did and Grace filled in the blanks.

I don't think Grace is so creative in filling the blanks.

8 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that has a tendency of accidentally putting "g" at the end of Justin. :)

:)

Fixed.

I don't think this is happening so often. I mean, it's not the kind of error I routinely notice myself and fix before posting ... like when I write Sarah instead of Susan or vice versa.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Grace is so creative in filling the blanks.

Creative enough to imagine a whole magical card battle play out in real time. ;)

That's actually whole different kind of creativity. Also, I wasn't saying she wouldn't be ABLE to imagine it, I just said she wouldn't be LIKELY to imagine something so weird without reason.