• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Wednesday February 1, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2306

Obviously, don't drive while distracted. Not sure about the penalties in the US, but in Ontario:

If you have an A, B, C, D, E, F and/or G licence, you’ll face bigger penalties when convicted of distracted driving:

• a fine of $490, if settled out of court (includes a victim surcharge and the court fee)
  • a fine of up to $1,000 if a summons is received or if you fight the ticket in court and lose
  • three demerit points

Huh, here's something, Sarah can get the driver's license plate number and report him. At least up here we can call 911 to report a careless driver.

24 minutes ago, detrius said:

I wonder when Dan will realize that the steering wheel is now on the wrong side of the car.

Must be a British import.

Or Japanese. Doesn't look crappy enough to be Australian.

1 hour ago, detrius said:

I wonder when Dan will realize that the steering wheel is now on the wrong side of the car.

Must be a British import. :)

Definitely.

Also note that Dan mentioned "European" version, but most of Europe is driving on (the) right side. Only Britain is driving on left and it doesn't want to be part of Europe anyway. (Or at least European Union, which is much more understandable.)

13 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
2 hours ago, Scotty said:

At least up here we can call 911 to report a careless driver.

And how do you do that while still obeying rules against using your cell phone while driving?

By being passenger. Every person driving their own car is non-ecologic and non-economic anyway. I hope someone else than Sarah is driving the car she's in. Elliot? Tedd?

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I am unconvinced of the merits of no-hands steering.

Oh please please please guarantee that is a self-driving car...

Actually, the more I focus on it, the more I assure that the steering wheel is on the right side (left) vis a vis the location of the empty seat.

I choose to believe that the "European version" has been mislabelled and is in fact the Australian version.

Also, Sarah usually rides to school with Susan, doesn't she?

Wow, driving with no hands. Somehow, the sentence "That is just not safe", while perfectly true, is not capable of capturing just how irresponsible this is.

And yes, most of Europe has right-side traffic.

2 hours ago, demonhunter said:

I choose to believe that the "European version" has been mislabelled and is in fact the Australian version.

I can't recall if we have seen Sarah drive. She doesn't always ride with Susan however. Regardless, I hope she was a passenger when she triggered the spell.

Just now, hkmaly said:
Just now, CritterKeeper said:

And how do you do that while still obeying rules against using your cell phone while driving?

By being passenger. Every person driving their own car is non-ecologic and non-economic anyway. I hope someone else than Sarah is driving the car she's in. Elliot? Tedd?

There's also pulling over to the side of the road and calling, all you need is get the license plate info, car description, and direction on what road they're traveling.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Definitely.

Also note that Dan mentioned "European" version, but most of Europe is driving on (the) right side. Only Britain is driving on left and it doesn't want to be part of Europe anyway. (Or at least European Union, which is much more understandable.)

To my knowledge, Tedd has a license, but does not possess a car.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

I can't recall if we have seen Sarah drive. She doesn't always ride with Susan however. Regardless, I hope she was a passenger when she triggered the spell.

The only time that I recall it even being implied that Sarah drove anywhere was back when she took Grace to the mall and Grace first revealed her transformation power to her.

AFAIK, here is what we know of the Main Eight and driving:

Tedd: license but no car

Elliot and Ellen: both licensed, share a car

Susan and Justin: license, have own cars (also applies to Diane)

Grace, Nanase, Sarah: no license

7 hours ago, mlooney said:

can't recall if we have seen Sarah drive. She doesn't always ride with Susan however. Regardless, I hope she was a passenger when she triggered the spell.

Sarah drives Elliot's car in Sister. It's kind of odd because Susan is riding with her. Maybe Susan doesn't have her own car, though of all the characters she would be the one who could best afford one. It would tie in with Susan's determination not to be spoiled (except for Star Trek stuff.)

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

AFAIK, here is what we know of the Main Eight and driving:

Tedd: license but no car

Elliot and Ellen: both licensed, share a car

Susan and Justin: license, have own cars (also applies to Diane)

Grace, Nanase, Sarah: no license

Tedd would of course use his dad's car, and likely did when they went to the card tournament. He'd certainly be limited to only being able to use it when Edward wasn't working away from home.

Elliot must have bought his car used with the money he earned working at the dreaded grocery store, he's probably covered under his parent's insurance though, that's how I started when I got my own vehicle.

We don't know if Diane has a job, the car she picked up Nanase and Ellen with might have been her parent's. Otherwise, yeah Susan and Justin have the most steady jobs (as in they still work throughout the year although their schedules would change while they have school).

Grace for sure doesn't have a drivers license yet. Nanase does because she drove to Charlotte and Rhea's place for the New Years Eve party, of course it would have been her parent's car she took, Nanase also has a babysitting job so she's probably able to use the car as long as she fills the tank.

3 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sarah drives Elliot's car in Sister. It's kind of odd because Susan is riding with her. Maybe Susan doesn't have her own car, though of all the characters she would be the one who could best afford one. It would tie in with Susan's determination not to be spoiled (except for Star Trek stuff.)

Yeah Sarah would have to have a license but because she doesn't have a paying job, she'd be limited to being allowed to use her parent's car from time to time like Tedd. As I said above about Susan and Justin, I'll also add that I think Justin might have the better paying job considering he helps manage the shop and organize events, while Susan seems to be a retail clerk.

You know what I just realized? It's morning, probably like shortly after 8am maybe closer to 9 if that when high school starts (classes started at 8:30 when I was in high school but I imagine that varies by region), and that driver is eating a hot dog.....

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

You know what I just realized? It's morning, probably like shortly after 8am maybe closer to 9 if that when high school starts (classes started at 8:30 when I was in high school but I imagine that varies by region), and that driver is eating a hot dog.....

Just because you don't think a hot dog is breakfast food doesn't mean it's not to some one.  Me, for example.  Of course QT hot dogs are a lot better than most gas station hot dogs.

12 hours ago, Darkxemjas said:

*Stares at the guy eating a hotdog and talking on the phone while driving at same time* ....................Really?

You're not getting things done faster. You're just ending your life sooner.

To be fair, there is no problem eating hotdog and talking at the same time. Unless you try to swallow something into lungs and choke. It's the driving which makes it dangerous.

13 hours ago, demonhunter said:

Not sure if it's shown anywhere but it would make sense - I mean, it would explain why those two were together on start of comic.

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Is probably his idea of breakfast.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Sarah drives Elliot's car in Sister. It's kind of odd because Susan is riding with her. Maybe Susan doesn't have her own car,

Maybe she has car but didn't used it that day to get to school? OR she decided she will leave it near school and pick it up later. Remember that people may live in walking distance from each other.

Grace for sure doesn't have a drivers license yet. Nanase does because she drove to Charlotte and Rhea's place for the New Years Eve party, of course it would have been her parent's car she took, Nanase also has a babysitting job so she's probably able to use the car as long as she fills the tank.

Technically, someone driving doesn't mean he has license, but I agree Nanase wouldn't be likely to drive without license.

Tedd would of course use his dad's car, and likely did when they went to the card tournament. He'd certainly be limited to only being able to use it when Edward wasn't working away from home.

Elliot must have bought his car used with the money he earned working at the dreaded grocery store, he's probably covered under his parent's insurance though, that's how I started when I got my own vehicle.

We don't know if Diane has a job, the car she picked up Nanase and Ellen with might have been her parent's. Otherwise, yeah Susan and Justin have the most steady jobs (as in they still work throughout the year although their schedules would change while they have school).

I suspect Dan doesn't keep notes who is supposed to have car, so this might actually get complicated. On the other hand, if several people use shared family car instead of their own (like, family may have two cars and agree on who will use which when instead of having them divided) it could be explained by interference with other people schedules.

Although I would definitely expect Susan to have own car. With rich mother AND steady job ...

And Justin ... does he even HAVE family? Besides uncle? I mean, maybe he lives with his uncle because his family moved elsewhere ...

BTW, did anyone saved the link to the "middle" version of comix?

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, someone driving doesn't mean he has license...

No, but it's illegal to do so, in the case if Sarah driving back to Tedd's in Sister, it would have been odd to let Sarah drive if she didn't have a license while Susan certainly did. Susan not knowing how to get to Tedd's house isn't an excuse when you have 3 passengers that could give directions.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And Justin ... does he even HAVE family? Besides uncle? I mean, maybe he lives with his uncle because his family moved elsewhere ...

Considering Justin called his parents to ask permission to stay overnight at Susan's, there's no indication that he's not still living with his parents. I think any of the main characters moving out would be worth mentioning in comic, even more so if they were kicked out for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Technically, someone driving doesn't mean he has license...

No, but it's illegal to do so, in the case if Sarah driving back to Tedd's in Sister, it would have been odd to let Sarah drive if she didn't have a license while Susan certainly did.

Of course it's illegal, but considering the amount of transformations in this comics, I wouldn't rule out situation where they would be forced to. Not that I remember any.

(On the other hand, I remember situation where Sarah needed ride despite having car ... guess she hadn't keys or something.)

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Susan not knowing how to get to Tedd's house isn't an excuse when you have 3 passengers that could give directions.

Three passengers giving direction is actually pretty scary though. "Don't talk over each other, decide who will give direction by rock paper scissors and others be quiet!"

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Considering Justin called his parents to ask permission to stay overnight at Susan's, there's no indication that he's not still living with his parents. I think any of the main characters moving out would be worth mentioning in comic, even more so if they were kicked out for whatever reason.

Right. So at least his dad is around. It's still weird we never saw him.

EDIT: For people who want to count cars in comics: Justin took both Nanase and Susan FROM Grace's birthday party, but Susan arrived earlier with Sarah. How?

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Right. So at least his dad is around. It's still weird we never saw him.

Aside from Justin's parents, I think the only other parent we haven't seen in any way (this includes flashbacks) is Sarah's mother. That's just the the Main Eight.

Well, I guess we technically have only seen two out of four parents for Grace. But it's unlikely we'll ever see the squirrel and Lespuko  DNA donors.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well, I guess we technically have only seen two out of four parents for Grace. But it's unlikely we'll ever see the squirrel and Lespuko  DNA donors.

I think the Lespuko was shown once .... even if you don't count that skull which was haunting Grace and was probably his.

EDIT: The monster seen here is likely Grace's Lespuko parent, although good luck finding proof ...

EDIT2: For being Grace's parent I mean. It being Lespuko is confirmed in Q&A.