• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Wednesday February 1, 2017

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think the Lespuko was shown once .... even if you don't count that skull which was haunting Grace and was probably his.

That's some supernatural mojo if Grace's lespuko DNA was calling out to her.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:
21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I think the Lespuko was shown once .... even if you don't count that skull which was haunting Grace and was probably his.

That's some supernatural mojo if Grace's lespuko DNA was calling out to her.

While not SHOWN, it is possible that she SAW her Lespuko parent as a child.

We can't rule out supernatural mojo either of course. She DOES have telekinesis and who-knows-how-many additional senses, so some sort of genetic memory or telepathy is possible ...

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure if it's shown anywhere but it would make sense - I mean, it would explain why those two were together on start of comic.

Shown directly, not that I recall. Mentioned, certainly. Specifically, panel 4. Now, I get that this one instance probably isn't enough to definitely say "usually" but i suspect it's frequent enough.

Though it occurs to me we later see Susan driving to school (as evidenced by her wearing the uniform) alone. Perhaps Sarah's folks drive her to school, but work prevents them from picking her up?

35 minutes ago, demonhunter said:

Though it occurs to me we later see Susan driving to school (as evidenced by her wearing the uniform) alone. Perhaps Sarah's folks drive her to school, but work prevents them from picking her up?

Sarah might have been taking the bus with Tedd and Elliot in the mornings since at the time her and Elliot were dating, and the reason Susan usually drove her home might be because of the after school feminist club meetings, but Elliot's "we think he missed the bus" comment sounds like they didn't take the bus that morning. So if Ellen had the car, how did Elliot get to school?

24 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, demonhunter said:

Sarah might have been taking the bus with Tedd and Elliot in the mornings since at the time her and Elliot were dating, and the reason Susan usually drove her home might be because of the after school feminist club meetings, but Elliot's "we think he missed the bus" comment sounds like they didn't take the bus that morning. So if Ellen had the car, how did Elliot get to school?

Wait, where did they missed the bus? Although the bus is referenced here ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

Wait, where did they missed the bus?

Sorry, here's where Elliot said that. Not saying that Elliot and Sarah missed the bus as well, it's apparent that taking the bus is a choice, that the bus has specific pick-up and drop-off locations rather than going right to the student's homes. If Elliot and Sarah had taken the bus and Tedd wasn't at the pick-up, it wouldn't be a matter of "we think he missed the bus" they'd know he missed the bus.

It's quite possible Tedd did take the bus and Elliot and Sarah didn't but because Tedd didn't meet up with Elliot and Sarah right away (likely because he was preparing himself to be a badass), they would have assumed he missed the bus.

The is also the possibility that Tedd never took the same bus Elliot and Sarah did. It was never really clear aside from Tedd stating "we're stuck taking the bus tomorrow, aren't we?"

5 hours ago, Scotty said:

You know what I just realized? It's morning, probably like shortly after 8am maybe closer to 9 if that when high school starts (classes started at 8:30 when I was in high school but I imagine that varies by region), and that driver is eating a hot dog.....

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Just because you don't think a hot dog is breakfast food doesn't mean it's not to some one.  Me, for example.  Of course QT hot dogs are a lot better than most gas station hot dogs.

I frequently work the overnight shift.  When I get out of work, I usually want something to eat on the way home.  And for some reason, most places are only offering "breakfast".

It is for that reason I sing the praises of mustard and relish on the cheeseburger link from the hot dog roller at gas stations.

15 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Sarah could have kicked her spell off standing or even sitting by the road.

Or kicked it off and flown out a window. I doubt that she can do a range check while remaining inside her home. Or inside a car.

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I frequently work the overnight shift.  When I get out of work, I usually want something to eat on the way home.  And for some reason, most places are only offering "breakfast".

It is for that reason I sing the praises of mustard and relish on the cheeseburger link from the hot dog roller at gas stations.

You should lobby Whataburger to expand to the Nile Delta.

Just now, Don Edwards said:

Or kicked it off and flown out a window. I doubt that she can do a range check while remaining inside her home. Or inside a car.

If traffic is slow enough, she could probably be able to use her spell and still be in range for the few seconds she takes realtime, or maybe the bus or vehicle she's in is at a stop light.

Then again, Dan was pretty vague about what her range is.

15 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
On 02/01/2017 at 6:37 PM, Vorlonagent said:

Sarah could have kicked her spell off standing or even sitting by the road.

Presumably, it's morning, close to start of school. If she's not on way to school, she's risking coming late. So, while possible, it would be weird putting it here. More likely, she IS on way to school, hopefully by bus or with someone else driving. And probably not Elliot, because she would have lot to speak about with Elliot.

20 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Clarification: I was pointing out the need for Sarah in her time-freeze spell to get well away from her own body. Further away than can be achieved while remaining inside her home (both physically and in-spell) let alone inside a car. This does not require that her body not be at home or in a car - she can leave either within the spell. (Hypothetically of course she COULD check her range when her body's pretty much anywhere... some places for it are a worse idea than others.)

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
23 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Clarification: I was pointing out the need for Sarah in her time-freeze spell to get well away from her own body. Further away than can be achieved while remaining inside her home (both physically and in-spell) let alone inside a car. This does not require that her body not be at home or in a car - she can leave either within the spell. (Hypothetically of course she COULD check her range when her body's pretty much anywhere... some places for it are a worse idea than others.)

Note that her range is not likely to move: even when in moving car, her simulation will remain frozen and will contain stuff which was inside her range in the instant she cast the spell.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Note that her range is not likely to move: even when in moving car, her simulation will remain frozen and will contain stuff which was inside her range in the instant she cast the spell.

Correct - but she would be unable to detect the movement of her body or know when it left the range of the spell. So no help in learning the range.

15 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:
13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Correct - but she would be unable to detect the movement of her body or know when it left the range of the spell. So no help in learning the range.

Tedd had stated, after seeing Sarah use the spell, that the spell only "very, very, briefly interacts with everything" in range. Also, the energy is used in the initial cast, which is when it scans the area and creates the simulation in Sarah's mind, no more energy is used while she's playing around. The only way she could have it so that if she moves beyond the range of the simulated area and have it expand the simulation, is if the spell is refreshed somehow and does another scan thus using more energy. I can see that maybe being possible as Sarah gets better skilled with the spell, that might even end up being something that she could do on reflex without breaking the simulation.

Thing is though, it might be a bit jarring if she does that in a moving vehicle because even though she might spend 2-3 minutes in sim per 2-3 seconds realtime, a vehicle can still travel far enough that it'd be a very different scene in the simulation. Alternatively, if Sarah was sitting at her desk in class, she wouldn't be able to expand the simulation because her physical body is in a static position.

Looking at the car behind and on Sarah's left, it looks like it could be meant to be the same one Susan drove in Hammerchloriansa kind-of-boxy minivan. So Sarah noticed Larry's Dad and went back to check--using her spell. Meanwhile, her body is still riding in the passenger seat. Susan may be talking to Sarah not realizing she's out. This is pretty much what I thought was happening earlier, but I just thought to compare cars.