• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Wednesday February 1, 2017

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Back in the dressing room.

... is that the same dressing room or does all dressing rooms look similar?

Catalina said:

Just the sleeves, then? I thought maybe you'd... You know what? It's not important. Good job.

Yeah :) ... based on what Catalina said, she definitely expected something more aggressive. Possibly even more aggressive than what Rhoda was thinking about.

Confused Catalina is confused.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

is that the same dressing room or does all dressing rooms look similar?

Most mall store dressing rooms (and for that matter big box store dressing rooms) that I have seen out here in flyover country look about the same, plus or minus the color of the paint.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

is that the same dressing room or does all dressing rooms look similar?

Most mall store dressing rooms (and for that matter big box store dressing rooms) that I have seen out here in flyover country look about the same, plus or minus the color of the paint.

... which we don't see because grayscale.

The question remains: We saw one dressing room where Rhoda shrunk Catalina, we saw this dressing room and we saw dressing room Elliot and Ashley were making out in. That can be one room (or at least rooms in same store), two rooms or three rooms, and if two, which is the same?

The Shive doesn't know what louvers are? Shock!

The most memorable louvered door is, of course, the door to the closet the alien hides in in ET.

Louvered doors on changing rooms beat the heck out of the curtains you always find in thrift stores.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... which we don't see because grayscale.

The question remains: We saw one dressing room where Rhoda shrunk Catalina, we saw this dressing room and we saw dressing room Elliot and Ashley were making out in. That can be one room (or at least rooms in same store), two rooms or three rooms, and if two, which is the same?

There must be more than one department store in that mall, so they could have gone from one end to the other, but also possible they ended up right back in the same dressing room. We know there are more than one dressing rooms in one store, in fact there are at least 4 in the one store, as we see 3 doors along one wall when Elliot and Ashley arrived, and then when we see Rhoda and Catalina exit their dressing room, there's a 4th at the end of what appears to be a hallway. The other side of the hall doesn't appear to mirror the side the dressing rooms the girls used, so it's unclear if there are other dressing rooms on that side, might just be a partition.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can they undo the transformations before an angry retail authority figure demands to know what is happening in that dressing room?

On one hand, they would probably start with resizing, and that wouldn't work because they need to start with disguise. On the other hand, the retail guard have work with the skateboarding people. So, good question.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

On one hand, they would probably start with resizing, and that wouldn't work because they need to start with disguise. On the other hand, the retail guard have work with the skateboarding people. So, good question.

These two are pros at using dressing rooms for other things than dressing.  They'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

These two are pros at using dressing rooms for other things than dressing.  They'll be fine.

Not yet. They WILL be pros two months from now.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

When did you think they got their training time for that?  Obviously starting "now"

7 minutes ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

When did you think they got their training time for that?  Obviously starting "now"

Obviously. But, you know, making mistakes is big part of training. So, they may be pros in two months, but they MAY do some mistake which causes them to "not be fine" now.

(Although, obviously, that "not be fine" won't include death. But, seriously, death is rarely an option in EGS, even as a result of very dangerous mistake.)

It's even possible only the fact they are transformed saves them from being banned from mall ...

9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, it is not parkour, but should they really do a lot of hi-jinks using their spells?

And this is why I wonder if they accidentally returned to the same store. If not, real hooray for stock layers!

11 hours ago, Stature said:
21 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, it is not parkour, but should they really do a lot of hi-jinks using their spells?

Pandora: "Yes. Of course they should. Popcorn?"

Mall guard: "Definitely not. I'm not sure what they are doing, but even running is forbidden."

Kitty: "I want to do those hi-jinks with them!"

Rhoda's mother: "My daughter doing some hi-jinks? I'm sure you mistaken her for someone else."

Catalina's mother: "As if she would care about my opinion. Sigh."

Diane: "Rhoda and who?"

Tedd: "... I'm actually more interested about what I can learn about their spell than about possible wardrobe malfunction! What have I became?"

44 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

How do we know that'd be her mother's reaction? My headcanon is that the entire Bobcat clan are party animals. ;)

47 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Diane does know Catalina by name. When she learned of her being Rhoda's "friend"  could have been anywhere between "Death Sentence" and "End of an Era", the fact that Dianed asked if Rhoda was ever going to introduce her suggests that she's known for a while. There must have been a few times where Diane's asked if Rhoda wanted to do anything and Rhoda declining saying that she was going to be hanging out with Catalina.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

How do we know that'd be her mother's reaction? My headcanon is that the entire Bobcat clan are party animals. ;)

Diane does know Catalina by name. When she learned of her being Rhoda's "friend"  could have been anywhere between "Death Sentence" and "End of an Era", the fact that Dianed asked if Rhoda was ever going to introduce her suggests that she's known for a while. There must have been a few times where Diane's asked if Rhoda wanted to do anything and Rhoda declining saying that she was going to be hanging out with Catalina.

Ever the detective, there's a good chance Diane knows that Rhoda and Catalina are an item.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

That much is evident when we see her reaction to Rhoda's messenger avatar. She totally didn't buy the "just buddies in a photo booth" excuse.

Also Diane makes that remark about "the lovebirds" still being in their room. She's referring to Rick and Elijah. Perhaps she's disappointed that Rick turned out to be same-sex oriented, but she isn't really making a big thing of it. So, homoerotic relationships don't really shock her. I would not be surprised if she'd known all along that Rhoda was crushing on her. Diane seems to be better than Susan at picking up on these things. I hesitate to use the word "gaydar" in this instance, although I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Diane discovers she is gay or bisexual. One statistic in favor of this is that she seems to have dated as many or more boys than Nanase. Another is Charlotte's observation to Nanase that Diane has a platonic crush on her--or maybe not platonic. And yet another may be in So a Date at the Mall. Did anyone else think Diane and Charlotte may have had a moment here?

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Even as party animals they might object to hi-jinks. But, obviously, it was just joke, we don't know anything about them.

Diane does know Catalina by name.

That wasn't "I don't know any Catalina" who. That was "Do I hear correctly?" who.

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Ever the detective, there's a good chance Diane knows that Rhoda and Catalina are an item.

That much is evident when we see her reaction to Rhoda's messenger avatar. She totally didn't buy the "just buddies in a photo booth" excuse.

Timing! This will happen TWO MONTHS LATER!

Of course she knows "now" (in main story), but she may not know "now" (in NP story).

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also Diane makes that remark about "the lovebirds" still being in their room. She's referring to Rick and Elijah. Perhaps she's disappointed that Rick turned out to be same-sex oriented, but she isn't really making a big thing of it.

She may be disappointed that Rick didn't chosen her, regardless of which sex is her competition.

I would not be surprised if she'd known all along that Rhoda was crushing on her.

Me neither. Although she MIGHT be unsure if it's just admiration or crush.

I hesitate to use the word "gaydar" in this instance

That's much safer, considering the person who feels if puppies are in danger turned out to actually have mark spell for that AND multiple people had yearning for it ... and we know Diane is not marked. Also, it's not about her specifically picking gays: she's just good at guessing who are in relationship. I mean, which pairs are.

One statistic in favor of this is that she seems to have dated as many or more boys than Nanase.

Technically, yes. But Nanase was actually searching for romance. Diane, not so. Which doesn't mean she's NOT bisexual or gay, but it does lower weight of this argument. Also remember that she seems to have real feelings for Elliot. Elliot when boy.

And yet another may be in So a Date at the Mall. Did anyone else think Diane and Charlotte may have had a moment here?

Given that Dan must've explicitly mentioned there are not kissing on previous page ...

Personally, I think she may be bisexual. Or, say, 1-4 on Kinsey scale. 0,5 or 6 would surprise me.

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Of course she knows "now" (in main story), but she may not know "now" (in NP story).

I did previously stated that I believed Diane had known about Catalina for a while before New Years and that there might have been several instances where Rhoda turned down going out with Diane and Lucy to "hang out" with Catalina. Diane and Lucy are at the mall as well, did Diane ask if Rhoda wanted to come along, offer to help pick up a guy for her? The decision to go to the mall could have been after Rhoda declined the invitation, I dunno. The point I'm trying to make is, before Death Sentence, Rhoda would have spent a lot of time around Lucy and Diane. After Death Sentence, it's likely Rhoda started spending less time with them and more time (at least for after school and weekends, and summer) with Catalina, and Diane's likely noticed this and deduced reasons for it.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I did previously stated that I believed Diane had known about Catalina for a while before New Years and that there might have been several instances where Rhoda turned down going out with Diane and Lucy to "hang out" with Catalina. Diane and Lucy are at the mall as well, did Diane ask if Rhoda wanted to come along, offer to help pick up a guy for her? The decision to go to the mall could have been after Rhoda declined the invitation, I dunno. The point I'm trying to make is, before Death Sentence, Rhoda would have spent a lot of time around Lucy and Diane. After Death Sentence, it's likely Rhoda started spending less time with them and more time (at least for after school and weekends, and summer) with Catalina, and Diane's likely noticed this and deduced reasons for it.

Hmmm ... it's true that time difference between Death Sentence and this NP story is bigger than time difference between NP story and New Year. On the other hand, they didn't see each other naked yet. Hard to guess how much time they spend together and how many opportunities therefore Diane had to find out. Note that Rhoda might had program which didn't involved Diane NOR Catalina for summer, with her family for example.

Technically, yes. But Nanase was actually searching for romance. Diane, not so. Which doesn't mean she's NOT bisexual or gay, but it does lower weight of this argument. Also remember that she seems to have real feelings for Elliot. Elliot when boy.

Diane wasn't looking for romance, but it's curious that she didn't either find even a little of it, or admit she found it, before. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's well-established that Diane doesn't like to be seen letting her emotions take over--yet another similarity to Susan. And up to the moment finds out Elliot is Cheerleadra, we don't get any evidence that Diane is expecting any more than an interesting challenge in dating the one boy Nanase went steady with. Could it be that Diane wasn't really attracted to Elliot until she found out he could be a she?

I'm actually more interested in The Shive developing a reason for Diane being so mercenary when Susan isn't. I guess one possibility is that she was really crushing on Rick earlier, and compensated by manipulating other boys she wasn't really interested in. Another would be that Diane isn't rich, although with her sister Rhea living in an apartment when their home is clearly close enough for her to live at home indicated their family can't be poor.

Although... I've been assuming the college Rhea goes to is in Moperville, but it could be further away. Not too much further or Nanase's mother wouldn't let her drive there at night. Maybe Northwestern or the University of Chicago? Which makes me wonder if and where The Shive went to college.

Edited by Tom Sewell
Thought of something else.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmm ... it's true that time difference between Death Sentence and this NP story is bigger than time difference between NP story and New Year. On the other hand, they didn't see each other naked yet. Hard to guess how much time they spend together and how many opportunities therefore Diane had to find out. Note that Rhoda might had program which didn't involved Diane NOR Catalina for summer, with her family for example.

Considering it was a month after meeting Rhoda that Catalina failed to hide the fact that she was dating someone to Susan, and thus 7 months prior to the current story (and nearly 5 months prior to the NP) I'm pretty certain Rhoda would have had to decline invitations to do stuff with Diane that early as well, and at some point, if not right away, would have mentioned Catalina by name and mentioned how they met, Rhoda would still have hid the fact that they were dating, but at least saying something like "Sorry, I'm going to be watching that new movie with Catalina Saturday" isn't as suspicious as "Sorry, I uh...have other...things, to do." There is also the fact that Rhoda and Catalina were on the news together, if Diane saw that, Rhoda would have to at least acknowledge it at some point, and she could still do that without saying anything about the relationship, like "yeah after the interview, I was still pretty shaken up about the boar so we just talked for a while." I mean, it's not the first time 2 people from separate schools ran into each other and immediately become friends.

Also they didn't have to spend ALL summer, of course there are likely occasions where Rhoda had other plans with family and such. But we do have canon proof that makeouts in the back of the movie theater happened in the summer. Just because they hadn't see each other naked yet by October doesn't mean they hardly saw each other, they could just be comfortable with kissing for now and haven't moved beyond that yet.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Diane wasn't looking for romance, but it's curious that she didn't either find even a little of it, or admit she found it, before. Which doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's well-established that Diane doesn't like to be seen letting her emotions take over--yet another similarity to Susan. And up to the moment finds out Elliot is Cheerleadra, we don't get any evidence that Diane is expecting any more than an interesting challenge in dating the one boy Nanase went steady with. Could it be that Diane wasn't really attracted to Elliot until she found out he could be a she?

Actually, first evidence - and pretty big - for Diane wanting something else from Elliot was in Family Tree, long before she discovered Elliot can be she.

14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm actually more interested in The Shive developing a reason for Diane being so mercenary when Susan isn't. I guess one possibility is that she was really crushing on Rick earlier, and compensated by manipulating other boys she wasn't really interested in. Another would be that Diane isn't rich, although with her sister Rhea living in an apartment when their home is clearly close enough for her to live at home indicated their family can't be poor.

Susan was SPOILED with the money. She resisted, but only after she realized it. Meanwhile, Diane's adoptive parents might not be poor, but they could be strict in what were giving her, especially considering they adopted multiple children. Also, Rhea is sharing the cost of the apartment with others living there.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Considering it was a month after meeting Rhoda that Catalina failed to hide the fact that she was dating someone to Susan, and thus 7 months prior to the current story (and nearly 5 months prior to the NP) I'm pretty certain Rhoda would have had to decline invitations to do stuff with Diane that early as well, and at some point, if not right away, would have mentioned Catalina by name and mentioned how they met, Rhoda would still have hid the fact that they were dating, but at least saying something like "Sorry, I'm going to be watching that new movie with Catalina Saturday" isn't as suspicious as "Sorry, I uh...have other...things, to do." There is also the fact that Rhoda and Catalina were on the news together, if Diane saw that, Rhoda would have to at least acknowledge it at some point, and she could still do that without saying anything about the relationship, like "yeah after the interview, I was still pretty shaken up about the boar so we just talked for a while." I mean, it's not the first time 2 people from separate schools ran into each other and immediately become friends.

Also they didn't have to spend ALL summer, of course there are likely occasions where Rhoda had other plans with family and such. But we do have canon proof that makeouts in the back of the movie theater happened in the summer. Just because they hadn't see each other naked yet by October doesn't mean they hardly saw each other, they could just be comfortable with kissing for now and haven't moved beyond that yet.

Makeouts in the back of the movie theater are good reminder, but I still think we know next to nothing about how much time Rhoda spend with Catalina OR with Diane, so saying Diane already noticed is just guess. Of course, it CAN be right. Rhoda doesn't seem experienced in lying and there is definitely element of chance here. On the other hand, she actively tried to keep it secret from Diane. She might've got as far as cancelling something planned with Catalina because Diana asked for the same time.