• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Sweveham

NP: Friday 3 February 2017.

Taking a wild guess, Catalina and Rhoda are going to see whatever Kitty does with her cat spell and think it's their fault. Given Catalina logic and both their nice natures, they're going to try to help Kitty.

I wonder if the mall cop will call animal control.

FINALLY! Been calling it since she shown. And predicting the explanation as well: seriously, Pandora might not like name based affinities, but no way would her hate be big enough to miss this opportunity.

36 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Taking a wild guess, Catalina and Rhoda are going to see whatever Kitty does with her cat spell and think it's their fault.

Also calling this for several strips already. There are hard to predicts parts of this storyline, but this is not one of them.

Note: Pandora marked her in hair. Searching for mark would be hard in case they think about it. Did Pandora though about it or is she just so good she's doing it subconsciously?

Given Catalina logic and both their nice natures, they're going to try to help Kitty.

... emphasis on "try". This is likely to result in even more hijinxs.

Also, originally I was joking about EFTM - Part 5, but it's getting more and more likely ...

I wonder if the mall cop will call animal control.

... well it would explain what forced Catalina, Kitty OR both to turn him into catgirl. Wait: must be Kitty, Catalina would turn him into catboy.

Pandora said

I'm short on people with transformation spell accessibility

1. Tedd
  2. Grace
  3. Elliot
  4. Ellen
  5. Nanase (sort of)
  6. Catalina
  7. Rhoda

How many does she think she needs?

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

1. Tedd
  2. Grace
  3. Elliot
  4. Ellen
  5. Nanase (sort of)
  6. Catalina
  7. Rhoda

How many does she think she needs?

Hundred? Thousand? If Moperville has population over hundred thousand, 7 is very short, isn't it?

Actually, quality is more important than quantity, and Tedd, Grace, Elliot, Ellen and Nanase are disappointingly not transforming in public often enough.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I am guessing Ms PCR Box is talking about the ability to transform Others.

As of the time of this comic, Tedd did not yet have an inherent means of transforming others.  Although his tech collection made that aspect of the magic mark redundant anyway.

If I remember correctly, Grace, Elliot, and Nanase can't transform others with magic.  Although Grace has access to Tedd's tech.

Catalina's ability to transform Rhoda into a cat girl may be a side effect of their spells interacting.  I don't recall anything in the comic to confirm Catalina's ability to transform others on her own.

We haven't seen Adrian Raven transform anyone in comic, but he does disguise illusions very well.  And if anyone in EGS has the ability to turn someone into a frog, it would be Professor Raven.

So that ends up leaving Agent Cranium, Ellen and Rhoda as the humans we have seen transform others with magic in the comic.  Ellen's transformation is very specific.  Rhoda changes sizes, but not necessarily other aspects of appearance.  And the only transformation we have seen Agent Cranium perform was purely cosmetic.

If you want to be obsessive, Edward Verres or Agent Wolf MIGHT have some transformation spells, because Wizards can learn spells from other casters.  But even if they could have those spells, it does not necessarily follow that they MUST have those spells.  And I really think they wouldn't use those kinds of spells unless it was absolutely necessary in the line of duty.

And just to round things out, Immortals are capable of transforming others.  Not Tengu was able to spike the punch with a transformation-mind control potion.  And Squirrely Dan is capable of transforming ANYTHING in the EGS world.

21 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And just to round things out, Immortals are capable of transforming others.

1) That might've been illusion 2) Only in self-defense or if it can be put into "empower and guide" rule.

22 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And Squirrely Dan is capable of transforming ANYTHING in the EGS world.

While technically true, I suspect that most uses of this power will immediately blow a canon-protection fuse (so comic will turn non-canon).

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

FINALLY! Been calling it since she shown. And predicting the explanation as well: seriously, Pandora might not like name based affinities, but no way would her hate be big enough to miss this opportunity.

One philosophy of life is "You take whatever opportunities you can get".

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Catalina's ability to transform Rhoda into a cat girl may be a side effect of their spells interacting.  I don't recall anything in the comic to confirm Catalina's ability to transform others on her own.

We do have the word of commentary on a certain pinup claiming possibly spoiling the fact that she could transform others. Whether or not Dan's teasing us or not is something only Dan knows though.

22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, originally I was joking about EFTM - Part 5, but it's getting more and more likely ...

On the other hand Dan ~could~ end this storyline right now with a single picture of Catalina and Rhoda (in their normal forms, wearing big game hunter outfits and wielding butterfly nets) chasing after a pride of hobbit-sized catgirls in the mall.

1 hour ago, detrius said:

On the other hand Dan ~could~ end this storyline right now with a single picture of Catalina and Rhoda (in their normal forms, wearing big game hunter outfits and wielding butterfly nets) chasing after a pride of hobbit-sized catgirls in the mall.

I would pay good money to see that.
Even more money to see it in real life...

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

We do have the word of commentary on a certain pinup claiming possibly spoiling the fact that she could transform others. Whether or not Dan's teasing us or not is something only Dan knows though.

Considering he CERTAINLY teases in other pinups commentaries ... hard to say.

On 2/4/2017 at 9:30 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Similar to another Philosophy.  "You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life..."

On 2/4/2017 at 10:36 AM, Stormtalon42 said:

I'm so glad I can't actually remember that theme song....

"When the boys you used to hate, you date / I guess you'd best investigate / the Facts of Life / the Facts of Life..."

"When you hear it from your brother / Better clear it with your mother / Better get 'em right / Call her late at night!"

"When the world never seems / To be living up to your dreams / Suddenly you're finding out / You'll never make it through without the truth / The Facts of Life are all about you!"

(I may have more than one season conflagrated there, as I recall they updated the theme as the girls grew up)

On 2/4/2017 at 6:09 PM, mlooney said:

I would pay good money to see that.

https://www.patreon.com/egscomics  ;-)

On 2/5/2017 at 7:09 AM, mlooney said:

Even more money to see it in real life...

I will go to my bunker after your wish is granted.

Also, why, Cola Wars, why??

On 05/02/2017 at 8:36 AM, detrius said:

With appropriate music to accompany it?

On 02/05/2017 at 9:56 AM, Tom Sewell said:

I'm wondering now if Rhoda is actually a wizard--which in EGS means she has the ability to learn spells from others. That would definitely make her an S-rank talent.

We can't rule it out ... she learned ZERO spells from others till now, but she also had ZERO opportunity.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

We can't rule it out ... she learned ZERO spells from others till now, but she also had ZERO opportunity.

The only person she possibly could have had the chance to learn spells from is Nanase since for a time she would float through the halls of school, and we know Diane's seen her so there's a good chance Rhoda was with Diane any of those times. Then again Nanase was burnt out for the entire time Rhoda was marked and then awakened, and is still burnt out at the time of the NP, so unless there's some sort of retroactive magic memory or something that unawakened wizards can still learn someone else's spells but not be able to use them right away, I don't expect to see Rhoda flying or swapping clothes or making fairy avatars. The spells we've seen her do so far fit her personality though so it's unlikely she learned them from someone else.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

The only person she possibly could have had the chance to learn spells from is Nanase

Not quite. Rhoda seems to have absorbed Catalina's spell; Catalina didn't cast it on her, at least consciously. We don't even know if Catalina can cast her cat transformation spell on anyone else. If Rhoda can turn herself or other people into catgirls without Catalina, then Rhoda definitely is a wizard.

Tedd's dad probably knows Rhoda has magic by this point (October) and will hear about this incident. He might have even taken Rhoda on as an apprentice in time for the upcoming vampire jamboree in Moperville.

10 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not quite. Rhoda seems to have absorbed Catalina's spell; Catalina didn't cast it on her, at least consciously. We don't even know if Catalina can cast her cat transformation spell on anyone else. If Rhoda can turn herself or other people into catgirls without Catalina, then Rhoda definitely is a wizard.

I still say that if Rhoda was a wizard, Pandora would have said so. I'd say what happened to Rhoda and Catalina falls under the same category as Nanase's fairy doll in Susan's summoning chest and  Ellen copying Nanase's Guardian form. In other words, Catalina got her peanut butter in Rhoda's chocolate.

Mind you Nanase's fairy doll in Susan's summoning chest did lead to Susan learning fairy related spells. That's unique in that Nanase's fairy doll is a persistent entity that allowed Susan to keep summoning it, and she liked it enough that it essentially became part of her personality. I guess one way Rhoda could learn Catalina's spell, or at least a variation of it, would be to repeat the process of linking their enchantments together. She might just get something out of it.

22 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd's dad probably knows Rhoda has magic by this point (October) and will hear about this incident. He might have even taken Rhoda on as an apprentice in time for the upcoming vampire jamboree in Moperville.

Doubt it, I think he would have brought her in to discuss the importance of being being careful with her magic, also if he brought her in because of the incident, he would have had to bring Catalina in as well, and Catalina knows Tedd so she would have been included in the circle by now, heck Grace would have known sooner as well that Rhoda was marked and made that boar bigger before Disco Wizard hinted at it in her dreams because Edward would have allowed Rhoda to come to the house. He'd be like "Rhoda's background check is good, her and Grace get along really well, I can trust her coming to the house."

Edward doesn't have any way of knowing who has magic or not without the aid of the magic analysis wand, if he suspected Rhoda was the one that made the boar bigger, he would have gone to her right away, used the wand, and then she would have learned more about her magic sooner, and known what losing her mark meant and once she did lose her mark, that she should ask him for a spell book since she'd be learning new spells.