• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Sweveham

NP: Friday 3 February 2017.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We can't rule it out ... she learned ZERO spells from others till now, but she also had ZERO opportunity.

The only person she possibly could have had the chance to learn spells from is Nanase since for a time she would float through the halls of school, and we know Diane's seen her so there's a good chance Rhoda was with Diane any of those times. Then again Nanase was burnt out for the entire time Rhoda was marked and then awakened, and is still burnt out at the time of the NP, so unless there's some sort of retroactive magic memory or something that unawakened wizards can still learn someone else's spells but not be able to use them right away, I don't expect to see Rhoda flying or swapping clothes or making fairy avatars. The spells we've seen her do so far fit her personality though so it's unlikely she learned them from someone else.

Yup, I don't think there is any retroactive magic memory so I don't count this as opportunity.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Not quite. Rhoda seems to have absorbed Catalina's spell; Catalina didn't cast it on her, at least consciously. We don't even know if Catalina can cast her cat transformation spell on anyone else. If Rhoda can turn herself or other people into catgirls without Catalina, then Rhoda definitely is a wizard.

I still say that if Rhoda was a wizard, Pandora would have said so. I'd say what happened to Rhoda and Catalina falls under the same category as Nanase's fairy doll in Susan's summoning chest and  Ellen copying Nanase's Guardian form. In other words, Catalina got her peanut butter in Rhoda's chocolate.

I would say it's not exactly same category but I tried and wasn't able to tell the difference :)

And yes, Pandora would definitely mention if Rhoda was a wizard.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:

Mind you Nanase's fairy doll in Susan's summoning chest did lead to Susan learning fairy related spells. That's unique in that Nanase's fairy doll is a persistent entity that allowed Susan to keep summoning it, and she liked it enough that it essentially became part of her personality. I guess one way Rhoda could learn Catalina's spell, or at least a variation of it, would be to repeat the process of linking their enchantments together. She might just get something out of it.

Even without repeating the linking, I think she could get catgirl spell just based on her just really liking that one experience. Except I don't think she enjoyed it so much, or at least she didn't had time to like it.

15 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd's dad probably knows Rhoda has magic by this point (October) and will hear about this incident. He might have even taken Rhoda on as an apprentice in time for the upcoming vampire jamboree in Moperville.

Doubt it, I think he would have brought her in to discuss the importance of being being careful with her magic, also if he brought her in because of the incident, he would have had to bring Catalina in as well, and Catalina knows Tedd so she would have been included in the circle by now, heck Grace would have known sooner as well that Rhoda was marked and made that boar bigger before Disco Wizard hinted at it in her dreams because Edward would have allowed Rhoda to come to the house. He'd be like "Rhoda's background check is good, her and Grace get along really well, I can trust her coming to the house."

Edward doesn't have any way of knowing who has magic or not without the aid of the magic analysis wand, if he suspected Rhoda was the one that made the boar bigger, he would have gone to her right away, used the wand, and then she would have learned more about her magic sooner, and known what losing her mark meant and once she did lose her mark, that she should ask him for a spell book since she'd be learning new spells.

All good points, but actually, Edward is now head of paranormal diplomacy and caring about other magic users is no longer his work. So, most importantly, if DGB would investigate and decide to contact Rhoda, it wouldn't be Edward doing it.

But most likely, they don't suspect her, because they still underestimate how many people Pandora marked so they assume other cause for incidents than marked people trying their first spell. Assuming they even actually try to contact all new magic users under Arthur Arthur.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

All good points, but actually, Edward is now head of paranormal diplomacy and caring about other magic users is no longer his work. So, most importantly, if DGB would investigate and decide to contact Rhoda, it wouldn't be Edward doing it.

Yeah I'll agree that it's not his job to deal with this sort of thing anymore, but considering he'd know that Catalina and Rhoda are friends of the Main Eight, there is a possibility of him taking initiative on it.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah I'll agree that it's not his job to deal with this sort of thing anymore, but considering he'd know that Catalina and Rhoda are friends of the Main Eight, there is a possibility of him taking initiative on it.

Not only it's not his job, he might get into problems if Arthur Arthur will find out he's "taking initiative".

Of course, he can still do it, but it might make more sense to him to NOT take initiative and just observe how main eight will inevitably contact them on their own. I mean, even if he had some suspicion.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not only it's not his job, he might get into problems if Arthur Arthur will find out he's "taking initiative".

He might not get into trouble if he reports what he learned back to his boss, and Arthur isn't his boss so Edward doesn't have to answer to him.

True, Assistant Director Liefield, I believe, is the immediate supervisor for both Arthur and Edward.

If Edward did get involved in such an investigation, without the direction or consent of AD Liefield, Arthur would be justified in claiming Edward was interfering in his jurisdiction.

For some reason, law enforcement officers can behave like highly territorial animals when it comes to their jurisdiction.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

Sure law enforcement people are territorial about jurisdiction--if somebody else is capable of doing their job, then it might lead to upper management deciding that they are redundant.