• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday March 23, 2016

I'd say that if ever the road to hell were paved with good intentions, this may just end up being it. Nanase looks like she's going to have some particularly choice words for Helena and Demetrius.

Nanase SMASH!  Yeah, she's got some unresolved issues regarding those two immortals, and I'd bet it's in large part due to what Susan went through in France.  Maybe even a wee bit of guilt on her own part; she was the one who was supposed to slay the vampire, but her being out of position meant Susan has blood on her hands.

Even though we're not likely to see it -- no danger at this point and such -- Nanase's simmering emotions here suddenly have me wondering if Fairy Doll form can go Guardian.  Sketchbook fodder, maybe?

Do we know how much Nanase knows about what happened in the cave with Susan and Jerry?  Like, how one of her close friends nearly went nuts, saved only by a Serenity spell?  Or how strongly Jerry condemned the Immortals who recruited them?

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

I think the last time we saw her this angry was when she was dealing with Gerard.

Compared to this time, I think she was only mildly annoyed. I think the last time we saw her this angry was when she was dealing with Not-Tengu.

3 hours ago, Sweveham said:

It seems like being reborn hasn't made Helena and Demetrius any less prone to enlisting innocent others in their fight against evil. Despite the good intentions, they are not very nice people, are they?

We still do not know everything about them. But they are certainly not looking good right now. Except possibly to those who would otherwise have been victims of the vampires. What truly makes what they do problematic is that they seem to have alternatives -- other mages, the DGB, the French version of the DGB -- and for some reason they are not making use of them.

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Do we know how much Nanase knows about what happened in the cave with Susan and Jerry?  Like, how one of her close friends nearly went nuts, saved only by a Serenity spell?  Or how strongly Jerry condemned the Immortals who recruited them?

I'm pretty sure she does, she knows that she awakened that day, and she knew the general description of Jerry from when Diane described the guy that stopped her from drinking the punch, and she'd have to know about his pledge to aid Susan and her friends because Diane being Susan's sister would fall under that pledge.

I'm guess her reaction here is due to Nanase having the same feelings that Susan has about how Helena and Demetrius disappeared after the fight with the vampire in France. To her this would have been validation that the two have a history of running off without so much of a thank you or anything. I still want to believe that their behaviour has to do with their improper deaths though, at least in the case of Nanase and Susan. In the current situation though, maybe they're trying to cover so many bases with not only keeping an eye on Elliot, but trying to deal with vampires. This night could have been constant jumping back and forth between Elliot and Andrea.

I wonder if maybe Helena and Demetrius are alone in the fight against aberrations at the moment, like they don't trust current government agencies to act fast enough and the other immortals insist on going through proper protocol for dealing with aberrations so these two have taken matters into their own hands. That doesn't really explain why they've been watching over Elliot though but it could mean that their hands are full trying to do several things at once.

Also, this proves that Andrea wasn't actively hunting the spidervamp. Helena and Demetrius alerted her of his attack on Diane and Charlotte.

I'm reminded of a line from a Something*Positive strip, one from several years ago:

"It's not a matter of whether or not someone's watching over you, it's just a question of their intentions."

6 hours ago, Sweveham said:

It seems like being reborn hasn't made Helena and Demetrius any less prone to enlisting innocent others in their fight against evil. Despite the good intentions, they are not very nice people, are they?

I'm willing to reserve judgment, etc. about them... this time. Mostly because, due to their flawed rebirths, I'm not certain that they're competent enough to have lied about this.

4 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm willing to reserve judgment, etc. about them... this time. Mostly because, due to their flawed rebirths, I'm not certain that they're competent enough to have lied about this.

They seemed competent enough to formulate a workable get-out-of-here plan for Tara and Elliot.

12 minutes ago, partner555 said:

They seemed competent enough to formulate a workable get-out-of-here plan for Tara and Elliot.

True. I'm not dismissing the possibility, just not concluding it with certainty. However, they haven't shown much competence with their abilities, such as the "me-made technology" incident, which is what I think they'd need to use to find the portal for Andrea.

8 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

Nanase SMASH!  Yeah, she's got some unresolved issues regarding those two immortals, and I'd bet it's in large part due to what Susan went through in France.  Maybe even a wee bit of guilt on her own part; she was the one who was supposed to slay the vampire, but her being out of position meant Susan has blood on her hands.

Even though we're not likely to see it -- no danger at this point and such -- Nanase's simmering emotions here suddenly have me wondering if Fairy Doll form can go Guardian.  Sketchbook fodder, maybe?

... I think it would burn the Doll with the overload and then transform Nanase's "normal" body.

6 hours ago, Sweveham said:

Hey, griffin is much better choice than children. For start, Andrea is adult.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if maybe Helena and Demetrius are alone in the fight against aberrations at the moment, like they don't trust current government agencies to act fast enough and the other immortals insist on going through proper protocol for dealing with aberrations so these two have taken matters into their own hands. That doesn't really explain why they've been watching over Elliot though but it could mean that their hands are full trying to do several things at once.

Remember they still don't remember much. They may not be AWARE of any other immortals except the guy who totally revealed himself in the Mall. It is completely plausible they THINK they are alone in the fight now.

(This excuse is not going to work in the Nanase and Susan case, though.)

24 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

I completely believe they may not be able to help her find the way home. I find harder to believe they missed another griffin in city. Although ... only reason they found Andrea might've been because she asked Elliot and they were observing him at the time.

26 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is it simply inevitable that someone who lives for centuries or millennia would eventually see mere humans as pets or toys?

Or be a bit bad at guessing ages?

Helena and Demetrius might be siblings? I thought they were a couple all this time. How do immortals reproduce, anyway? We know they can do it with humans, but that results in elves. Do immortals have parents or were they all somehow born at the same time a long time ago? Did they possibly evolve from lesser beings over time? Or are they *gasp* aliens?!

Whatever the case, they clearly don't like vampires and are willing to do anything to get rid of them. I'm positive that Helena and Demetrius withheld information from Andrea. Yes, they died improperly, but that happened a while ago and they've had time to learn things, even if they still don't remember why they're following Elliot. I'm sure they noticed/sensed Tara at some point and just didn't intend to tell Andrea about her until they had no choice.

10 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

I absolutely know what you mean, but I just want to point out that perhaps vampires in EGS don't have blood in their bodies like they don't in most fiction. It's possible that after Susan killed the vampire, it simply turned to dust. I know you guys discussed this on the old forums, but I felt like mentioning it again.

10 hours ago, partner555 said:

I think the last time we saw her this angry was when she was dealing with Gerard.

Gerald. And no, I don't think she was nearly as mad at him as she is now, even though she seems to be trying to control her rage.

8 hours ago, Sweveham said:

Maybe not, but at least a fully grown griffin that already has experience with vampires is a better recruit than two kids.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I agree. Dan said that immortals are much more willing to act directly when dealing with Aberrations, so I doubt that Helena and Demetrius are the only immortals in history to have recruited humans to kill vampires, but you're still probably right about the other immortals choosing to contact the government instead of recruiting kids or tricking lost griffins. Of course, I'm assuming that there aren't any other immortals hanging around Moperville besides the ones we have seen so far, or Edward would have known about all those vampires by now.

53 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Helena and Demetrius might be siblings? I thought they were a couple all this time. How do immortals reproduce, anyway? We know they can do it with humans, but that results in elves. Do immortals have parents or were they all somehow born at the same time a long time ago? Did they possibly evolve from lesser beings over time? Or are they *gasp* aliens?!

Perhaps immortals are born as (seemingly) ordinary humans but their immortal nature is revealed when they would otherwise die, but fail to do so (highlander-esque, but not necessarily with swords),

There was speculation a long time ago that the reason Edward and Noriko could not detect magic in Tedd (which we know he has) was because mortals can not detect immortal magic and Tedd is an infant immortal.

I know this theory isn't as popular as it once was, but I'm sticking to it.  Just like I'm sticking to the theory that Sensei Greg and Vladia are now a couple.

13 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

I'd say Nanase's anger is over the concealing of information. I seriously doubt that Andrea was in significant peril at any point (with the possible exception of when she was trying to protect Diane and Charlotte as well as fight Spidey) - and whatever peril she did face, she was probably at least as well equipped to deal with it as Guardian Nanase. But is it believable that the immortals didn't know Tara was in the area? Not to me.

But now? The only ones in peril, I think, are Helena and Demetrius. They aren't innocent. And Nanase going Guardian would increase their peril.

(If they show up, I predict that Andrea will go fangirl over Nanase's magic again. Specifically the fae punch. And the ability to do a rapid-fire barrage with it.)

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Remember they still don't remember much. They may not be AWARE of any other immortals except the guy who totally revealed himself in the Mall. It is completely plausible they THINK they are alone in the fight now.

I was thinking even before their improper deaths and the reasons they recruited Nanase and Susan in the first place, no one else capable of fighting vampires was willing to act fast enough so they went with the next best thing, a couple kids one of which had an extremely high magic potential due to her family lineage and the other with the innate ability to summon weapons that can harm aberrations.

16 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

wasn't the first time she transformed was when she swapped places with the fairy doll

i think using that power forces transference as part of the package

No she didn't swap places with the doll, the dolls were destroyed, she transformed on the roof of the school and flew over to where Abraham had Ellen.

I hope Helena or Demetrius makes a reappearance in their fairy form that they used at the mall, so that fairy Nanase can punch fairy Helena and Demetrius in their fairy face.

18 hours ago, Stature said:

[Chubby... Show me those curves, girl! Work it, work it!]

...huh? I see nobody on this page who could qualify as "chubby".

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
15 hours ago, Sweveham said:

We still do not know everything about them. But they are certainly not looking good right now. Except possibly to those who would otherwise have been victims of the vampires. What truly makes what they do problematic is that they seem to have alternatives -- other mages, the DGB, the French version of the DGB -- and for some reason they are not making use of them.

Yeah, I'm thinking we're going to be hearing from the Griffons about this half of the world's unfortunate flip of the coin (pun intended, sorry JML) on what they got as opposed to Ancients.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I'm pretty sure she does, she knows that she awakened that day, and she knew the general description of Jerry from when Diane described the guy that stopped her from drinking the punch, and she'd have to know about his pledge to aid Susan and her friends because Diane being Susan's sister would fall under that pledge.

I agree. I'm pretty sure we saw the aftermath of that talk when Susan first showed Nase off to Nanase, and made a non-snarky joke.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still want to believe that their behaviour has to do with their improper deaths though, at least in the case of Nanase and Susan. In the current situation though, maybe they're trying to cover so many bases with not only keeping an eye on Elliot, but trying to deal with vampires. This night could have been constant jumping back and forth between Elliot and Andrea.

That wouldn't explain them having lead Andrea on the whole time she was here, though. Seems they were doing to Andrea what He-Who-Glows-In-The-Dark was doing to Tara.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I very much doubt this is the case.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I completely believe they may not be able to help her find the way home. I find harder to believe they missed another griffin in city. Although ... only reason they found Andrea might've been because she asked Elliot and they were observing him at the time.

I also doubt this. I think that Immortals are totally able to find something that a griffin mage created. I'd go so far as to speculate that they might have been intentionally obscuring it from Andrea, though that might be a bit unfair (not out of line from what we've seen of them though). Additionally, I very much doubt they'd have a hard time finding two griffins in a world without any, especially as Charlotte's Angels crew could pull it off.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Is it simply inevitable that someone who lives for centuries or millennia would eventually see mere humans as pets or toys?

No, it's very much not. @Haylo and @Hunendora's responses, sure. (though there's still no excuse for them if Haylo's is correct: Just because a person is old doesn't mean their memories of the horrors of times past should allow them to perpetuate said horrors).

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, weirdee said:

wasn't the first time she transformed was when she swapped places with the fairy doll

i think using that power forces transference as part of the package

No she didn't swap places with the doll, the dolls were destroyed, she transformed on the roof of the school and flew over to where Abraham had Ellen.

Ninja'd by Scotty.