• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP: Wednesday February 8, 2017

If two superheroes tried to rise up to the occasion and fail, this is the strip.

What I would miss the most... is the hairstyle of Cat.

The recoil from the transformation (reverse transformation, untransformation?) took me by surprise.  Not quite as surprised as Catalina and Rhoda.  But still surprised.

Does anyone else think the mid-transformation Rhoda looks a little too much like Susan?

The recoil from the transformation (reverse transformation, untransformation?) took me by surprise.  Not quite as surprised as Catalina and Rhoda.  But still surprised.

Does anyone else think the mid-transformation Rhoda looks a little too much like Susan?

It's not recoil--it's because they were standing too close together when they grew larger, and thus collided when their bodies tried to occupy the same space.

Anyway, I find it interesting that Rhoda releasing the disguise also resulted in the catgirl transformation being released from Catalina, given that It was Catalina who had cast that one.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Panel 2, yes.  My insta-pattern-match subsystem comes back with "Susan".  Panels 1 and 3 come back "Rhoda"

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Yep. 

I wouldn't say "looks too much like" because that implies an artist mistake.  I think it's just an artifact of pose, clothes and Dan's "less is more" style.  "I'd substitute "looks a whole lot like Susan."

3 hours ago, ijuin said:

Anyway, I find it interesting that Rhoda releasing the disguise also resulted in the catgirl transformation being released from Catalina, given that It was Catalina who had cast that one.

That's what Pandora meant by the disguise spell being the "linchpin"  It goes and all the others go with it.. 

13 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Were it not for Pandora not knowing about the Griffin Incident, I'd think this the same time...

Also, it's explicitly said it's different MONTH.

39 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
4 hours ago, ijuin said:

That's what Pandora meant by the disguise spell being the "linchpin"  It goes and all the others go with it.. 

Yes. Also, they spent some time transformed: I think Catalina wouldn't have enough magic to keep her transformation so long without Rhoda powering it through the disguise spell.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

It's not recoil--it's because they were standing too close together when they grew larger, and thus collided when their bodies tried to occupy the same space.

I would say they pushed away each other while growing. That "tried to occupy the same space" is technically true but it sounds as some incident with teleportation.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Yes. Also, they spent some time transformed: I think Catalina wouldn't have enough magic to keep her transformation so long without Rhoda powering it through the disguise spell.

Pandora makes the point that what's keeping the enchantments going is how badly the two girls want to be disguised/hidden.  Other things than magical energy can keep an enchantment going.  Tedd's research supports this as well.  The giant boar ate to support its enchantment, but expectations, desire and emotion can apparently do it too. 

Which makes sense since emotional state can allow someone to be Marked or even Awaken.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Panel 2, yes.  My insta-pattern-match subsystem comes back with "Susan".  Panels 1 and 3 come back "Rhoda"

It's the bangs. 

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Think "Diane" instead of "Susan." Rhoda's crush is Diane; as far as we know, Rhoda hasn't met Susan yet, only seen her in the webcasts with Elliot.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I would say they pushed away each other while growing. That "tried to occupy the same space" is technically true but it sounds as some incident with teleportation.

Maybe if they'd been closer they would have merged. That happened in an episode of Voyager. Anyone want to date Catarhoda?

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I'll leave to someone else the task of explaining the physics by which the shorter one was tossed upward while the taller one was tossed downward.

Laws of physics are just thought of as polite suggestions.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Think "Diane" instead of "Susan." Rhoda's crush is Diane; as far as we know, Rhoda hasn't met Susan yet, only seen her in the webcasts with Elliot.

Diane doesn't have short bangs though.

23 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
On 02/08/2017 at 9:26 PM, hkmaly said:

Pandora makes the point that what's keeping the enchantments going is how badly the two girls want to be disguised/hidden.  Other things than magical energy can keep an enchantment going.  Tedd's research supports this as well.  The giant boar ate to support its enchantment, but expectations, desire and emotion can apparently do it too. 

Which makes sense since emotional state can allow someone to be Marked or even Awaken.

Actually, not counting how Nanase used calories to keep her Guardian form going, magical energy is the hard limit. Your expectations, desire and emotions are how you subconsciously power the enchantment with your energy (which adds to the energy contained in the enchantment itself when casted). Which is something animals (like the boar) or Uryuoms and chimeras (like Grace) are NOT able to do.

Note that Pandora MENTIONED that energy will not be issue because the high ambient magic energy and Rhoda's S-class talent. Normally it would be.

Emotional state can allow you to be marked, but not Awaken - not by itself. You need to have enough magical power to be awaken. That's why Nanase was awaken but Susan just marked: even with Susan having summoning talent, she did NOT had enough power to be awaken.

21 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I'll leave to someone else the task of explaining the physics by which the shorter one was tossed upward while the taller one was tossed downward.

Obviously, Catalina pushed Rhoda up when growing. Although I find hard to believe the effect was THAT big.