• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday February 8, 2017

7 minutes ago, Indrid Cold said:

Tedd's probably a girl. And I guess Elliot learned to notice the (apparently subtle) difference in his voice.

We can't hear sound from a webcomic. I wish we could to check your theory before the next update.

3 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

Tedd's probably a girl. And I guess Elliot learned to notice the (apparently subtle) difference in his voice.

I'm getting a more than typically feminine vibe from Tedd. And in panel one, does (s)he look like (s)he has more pronounced hips? 

At this point, Tedd might be thinking that Elliot needs to do a quick transformation to deal with an energy build up.  And the only reason Elliot would insist that Tedd join him is because Elliot thinks something is wrong.

Distracting Tedd from the inner conflict by appealing to the mad scientist might be helpful to Tedd's overall mood.

Just now, Indrid Cold said:

Tedd's doesn't look anymore girly here than he usually does, yeah the coat might be hiding it, but nothing obvious to suggest it.

What is obvious, is Elliot apparently forgot to morph before going to bed last night. ;)

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

Tedd's doesn't look anymore girly here than he usually does, yeah the coat might be hiding it, but nothing obvious to suggest it.

What is obvious, is Elliot apparently forgot to morph before going to bed last night. ;)

Actually...hmmm, I went back to the first Sister arc and Tedd's first appearance as a girl, back then Elliot did mention Tedd sounding weird. Today's page may be a callback to that moment.  Elliot still looks like he's feeling a sudden transformation coming on, but his surprise when Tedd speaks would seem odd without context. I still think Tedd doesn't look anymore girly than he usually does, unless she adjusted her form to be less noticeable once she has her coat off.

8 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

8 hours ago, Indrid Cold said:

You probably mean the "Tedd's a girl" part, but just in case: I was basing the "apparently subtle difference" part on this: http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=137 ("Now that you mention it you do sound a bit weird"). :)

... right. I also though that Elliot noticed Tedd's girl by something, but it didn't occurred to me it could be the voice.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Elliot still looks like he's feeling a sudden transformation coming on

He looks like that but I don't think he does. First, I don't think he forgot to transform for night, second, he might get over his energy buildups either meanwhile or with the "I like being girl", third, he used lot of energy as Cheerleadra wait that wasn't yesterday but the day before.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He looks like that but I don't think he does. First, I don't think he forgot to transform for night, second, he might get over his energy buildups either meanwhile or with the "I like being girl", third, he used lot of energy as Cheerleadra wait that wasn't yesterday but the day before.

Elliot got a new spell recently and he is oblivious to it at the moment.  For all we know, the acquisition of his new spell may mark the end of all the energy build-ups.

But this is the first time Elliot has heard Tedd speak that day, and he likely is not aware of Tedd's mark yet, so...Yeah, I'm going for Tedd being a girl at this point.  

4 hours ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I am not ashamed to say that this comic makes little sense to me. I hope Friday's clarifies.

Yep, that's where I am as well.

3 hours ago, WR...S said:

I only just noticed - Tedd's definitely a girl.  The hips aren't where you should be looking, but in between.

I'm comparing Tedd now to Tedd "3 days ago" and am not seeing anything out of the ordinary. The only real difference that I think you're referring to can be attributed to standing versus walking.

21 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:
On 02/08/2017 at 7:23 PM, hkmaly said:

Elliot got a new spell recently and he is oblivious to it at the moment.  For all we know, the acquisition of his new spell may mark the end of all the energy build-ups.

The "I like being girl" caused acquisition of new spell, yes, but it might also caused end of energy build-ups.

Which would be hard to distinguish from "new spell ended energy buildups" but Tedd might be able to confirm it.

21 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:

and he likely is not aware of Tedd's mark yet, so

But he's aware of other ways Tedd can turn girl.

If Tedd really did come to school as a girl, I reeeeeeally hope the first thing Elliot says when they get upstairs is "Tedd? XYC."

The main reason I'm having a hard time believing that Tedd came to school as a girl though is because of the trouble Tedd would have explaining it to teachers, Sure Elliot managed to pull it off, but  then again Elliot's parents knew about it before hand. Tedd hasn't talked to his dad about being genderfluid and such so if word got back to Edward about this, it might make things worse for Tedd as Edward would jump to conclusions that Tedd's just playing around and being reckless by going to school transformed, and Tedd would feel put off by it an not try to explain like has happened before.

Tedd should have talked to his dad before doing anything.

20 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Let's take time off from speculating on exactly what sex Tedd is right now to examine a much more important question: What happened to Elliot's butt in the last panel?

That is a damn good question.  What is going on there?

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Tedd no longer feels safe with their father, and therefore does not trust him.

Sad but true.

I still think Tedd's thinking it's a bigger issue that it is though. This is similar to Nanase with for a while believing that her mom wouldn't approve of her cutting her hair or wearing the clothes she likes, but when she finally confronted Mama Kitsune about it, it turned out she could have asked about it for a while and her mom wouldn't have been too upset.

Yes coming out with your father that you're genderfluid and wanting to be able to be whatever gender you feel like is a much bigger deal than wanting a different hairstyle or outfit, which is why Tedd is much more hesitant to say anything, but I still think he's reading too much into Edward's reactions. It certainly doesn't help that Edward hasn't done a very good job at getting Tedd to talk about it, but I also think he's pulling a classic "single parent trying to do everything they can to give their kid everything, but not really knowing their kid well enough to know what they actually need".

Edward's been observant enough to know that letting Tedd work on the TFG took his mind off his mother leaving, and that Grace has been a positive influence on Tedd as well the rest of the Main Eight, but he doesn't know what to make of Tedd's transformation habits. He thinks it's a fetish probably because he never imagined himself doing anything like that so of course seeing his son as a girl would be disconcerting. If he was to learn that wasn't the case, I think he'd be more understanding.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tedd should have talked to his dad before doing anything.

45 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Tedd no longer feels safe with their father, and therefore does not trust him.

Sad but true.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I still think Tedd's thinking it's a bigger issue that it is though.

Unfortunately, perception is reality.  If Tedd perceives that his father does not understand or can not accept Tedd, then that is what the reality is for Tedd.  At least until Tedd can be persuaded otherwise.

In a cliché story, this is where the big outside conflict enters the plot and our two protagonists must set aside their differences and work together to resolve a common threat.  And by working together, they learn to respect one another and be honest with each other.

If this were a cliché story.

However, I believe that the most significant contributing factor to Tedd's current blues is the realization that Dad was right and Magic can NEVER become common knowledge.  Almost every thing Tedd has desired to accomplish for several years, things that were looking more obtainable every day, are now not only forever out of reach, but even attempting to make them a reality will likely make everything worse.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Unfortunately, perception is reality.  If Tedd perceives that his father does not understand or can not accept Tedd, then that is what the reality is for Tedd.  At least until Tedd can be persuaded otherwise.

And importantly, the effects are no different from what direct rejection would be. It still hurts Tedd and causes pain. That pain alone is enough to render Mr. Verres unsafe. That he may mean well does not matter. There is a place that is notorious for being readily accessible by way of good intentions and this is where Mr. Verres is currently steering his relationship with Tedd.