• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Camion

NP: Friday February 10, 2017

Wow, I guess we did speculate that Rhoda might return home to find a spellbook on her pillow. But I guess Pandora really wanted Rhoda to know about her awakening ASAP.

I'm guessing the note attached is either a thank you for being entertaining, or maybe a short description of what the book is for.

I'd say the note is:

1. A gift card specifying which one of them it's for, and

2. An explanation of why she should read a book titled "Biology of Extinct Marsupials".

Better see what that book actually is first.
It could just be the next step for those excessively aggressive telephone book distributors.

But if this IS a magic book...

Inside the book will be the technical details about the spells she can use.

What is written on the note will be much more ______________.

As for what happened to their enchantments, since Rhoda said she didn't do anything yet it would confirm the fact that their forms were being maintain by their desire to remain disguised, Pandora had said that "These enchantments won't end until sometime after they've stopped caring about hiding" I'd say the moment they made it to the dressing room would allow for them to stopped caring, and so the enchantments just simultaneously ended.

7 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

... I wonder what Pandora's angle is in giving out a spellbook NOW of all times.

I think it's because giving her one earlier could have prevented the wacky hijinx we've just witnessed, and nobody wants that.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Damn, Amazon Prime Pandora Perfection is getting efficient.

Fixed it for you.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Wow, I guess we did speculate that Rhoda might return home to find a spellbook on her pillow. But I guess Pandora really wanted Rhoda to know about her awakening ASAP.

More and more it's obvious that my waifu isn't any where near the big bad of this or maybe any arc.

3 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

... I wonder what Pandora's angle is in giving out a spellbook NOW of all times.

3 hours ago, Camion said:

I think it's because giving her one earlier could have prevented the wacky hijinx we've just witnessed, and nobody wants that.

I think Pandora gave the spellbook with the expectation that further hijinks will ensue in the future.

That would be in keeping with her patterns--even before she met Blaike, her favorite activity was getting mortals to entertain her in exchange for rewards of some sort.

Just now, partner555 said:

I think Pandora gave the spellbook with the expectation that further hijinks will ensue in the future.

Just now, Haylo said:

Perhaps Box makes a point of rewarding any victim subject that's particularly entertaining?

Just now, ijuin said:

That would be in keeping with her patterns--even before she met Blaike, her favorite activity was getting mortals to entertain her in exchange for rewards of some sort.

I think it's partially that, plus it's possible that she's taken a liking to Rhoda and wants to Rhoda to learn more about her magic.  Pandora does have a tendency of being kind to people she likes. Mind you this might be the first time in a long time that Pandora's taken a liking to someone outside of Tedd's group of friends, though I'm not entirely sure if Rhoda's friendship with Grace connects her with Tedd or not. Pandora has seemed like someone who'd play the "6 degrees of Tedd" game.

Wow, this is sure an eventful storyline!  We saw someone actually being Marked for the first time, and now we get to see another example of an Immortal giving someone a spellbook.  Is this the first time we've seen an invisible Immortal make an object appear in the normal physical plane without themselves entering the physical plane to deliver it?

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Catalina and Rhoda haven't escaped from the Mall yet

I wonder who they might run into as they leave the changing room.

Catalina and Rhoda do have the Lucy and Ethyl vibe.  It is entirely possible for them to end up in wacky hijinks with no magical influence whatsoever.

However, Rhoda no longer appears catlike.  Catalina appears at or near her normal feline level.  Neither resemble the tiny cat girls seen running through the mall.  Any wacky hijinks at this point will be ordinary wackiness.

But there are a few remaining possibilities for awkwardness arising from the recent hijinks.

Did anyone see the mini Julie Newmars run into the dressing room (live or on security video)?  Will anyone question two girls leaving a dressing room without merchandise?  Will Akiko recognize Rhoda as the woman who magically changed in front of her?

1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

We saw someone actually being Marked for the first time

Perhaps splitting hares here, but even though this story is earlier chronologically in the EGS continuum, we have already seen Pandora mark Tedd at the card tournament.

6 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Is this the first time we've seen an invisible Immortal make an object appear in the normal physical plane without themselves entering the physical plane to deliver it?

First time we've seen it happen, but not the first time it's happened, Dex's pendant would be the first we've heard of an Immortal leaving an object anonymously.

2 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Perhaps splitting hares here, but even though this story is earlier chronologically in the EGS continuum, we have already seen Pandora mark Tedd at the card tournament.

It was not shown explicitly, and it took a bit to be confirmed.

3 minutes ago, Scotty said:

First time we've seen it happen, but not the first time it's happened, Dex's pendant would be the first we've heard of an Immortal leaving an object anonymously.

Yes, but he didn't see it appear out of thin air.  He found it in his home, already lying around someplace.  That could have meant an Immortal appeared, left the object, then disappeared again.  I think rhis is our first evidence that such hand-delivery isn't necessary.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

Yes, but he didn't see it appear out of thin air.  He found it in his home, already lying around someplace.  That could have meant an Immortal appeared, left the object, then disappeared again.  I think rhis is our first evidence that such hand-delivery isn't necessary.

There isn't much reason for an Immortal to appear on the physical plane to leave something even if no one is around to see them do it. Just seems like unnecessary work for an Immortal.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

There isn't much reason for an Immortal to appear on the physical plane to leave something even if no one is around to see them do it. Just seems like unnecessary work for an Immortal.

That's like saying walking to the store seems like too much work compared to driving, when you have no idea whether the person in question owns or has access to a car.  This is the first evidence we have that making objects appear without themselves appearing to deliver them to the physical plane *is* an option for Immortals.

10 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I think rhis is our first evidence that such hand-delivery isn't necessary.

Was Pandora delivering hands?

The waitress brought Chicken Fingers to our table.  Is that the same type of thing?

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think the point is that this is confirmation that immortals can use their magic in many different ways on the physical plane without leaving the relative safety of the spirit plane.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

4 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

This is the first evidence we have that making objects appear without themselves appearing to deliver them to the physical plane *is* an option for Immortals.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I think the point is that this is confirmation that immortals can use their magic in many different ways on the physical plane without leaving the relative safety of the spirit plane.

I didn't believe that such confirmation was necessary, as it was made pretty clear that Immortals could guide and empower from the safety of the Immortal realm with Dex having been manipulated in such a way.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I didn't believe that such confirmation was necessary, as it was made pretty clear that Immortals could guide and empower from the safety of the Immortal realm with Dex having been manipulated in such a way.

Magic is immaterial anyway, so it's perfectly reasonable for Immortals to be able to manipulate it directly while immaterial (although we don't actually *see* Voltaire doing so, so it would still be possible that he'd have to physically manifest, and he's just behind Dex or masked by Dex's hallucinations).  Physical objects, on the other hand, might require the Immortal to be on the physical plane in order to create them.  This is the first on-screen evidence that they do not.  Before this, you could *assume* they could do so, but there was no actual evidence they could.