• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

NP: Monday, February 13, 2017

Well, Pandora knows that Post-It notes really work by not-very-reliable magic and do not work well with other spells. Of course she would use tape, probably duct tape.

I'm rooting for Pandora to appear in person. "Appear" as in make herself visible to Catalina and Rhoda, because, of course, she's already there.

Sigh.  I realize I'm not the most patient person, but really?  An entire comic devoted to "we're nervous about reading the note?" On Wednesday are we going to have a debate about the risks associated with reading the note, and then on Friday a brave decision to read the note, with the last panel on Friday being the two of them saying "oh my!" as they read the note but don't tell us what it says?

Or what?

:)

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Hey, is that some sort of demonic duct tape?

Nothing is sacred anymore. No Internet.

Trust me, that note is not Goonmanji/Jumanji.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I'm rooting for Pandora to appear in person. "Appear" as in make herself visible to Catalina and Rhoda, because, of course, she's already there.

That would make having a seemingly random book appear before them pointless if she has to then appear to explain what it's for, I'm certain that's what the note is supposed to accomplish.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

*snicker* Bad ijuin. No Internet.

No, ijuin get's all the internets.

14 hours ago, Circe said:

An entire comic devoted to "we're nervous about reading the note?"

And it's GOOD comic.

BTW, personally I categorized EGS as mix of SciFi and modernized fantasy.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

That would make having a seemingly random book appear before them pointless if she has to then appear to explain what it's for, I'm certain that's what the note is supposed to accomplish.

Exactly. Also, Sarah was special, Pandora was not giving knowledge like to her for many twenties.

33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Scores of what? Centuries, decades, lustrums, olympiads, years, seasons, months, fortnights, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds? Naps? Pranks?

I said I was hoping, not counting on. And it wouldn't make what Pandora will say to Sarah an out-and-out lie if Pandora now says something like "READ MY NOTE ALREADY!!!" in the floating-little-girl form that Rhoda's seen before. And it's totally in the trope of a good scary Halloween trick.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:
13 hours ago, ijuin said:

How long a span of time is a "lustrum", anyway?

Apparently, five years.

... what exactly they mean by "purification"?

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Scores of what? Centuries, decades, lustrums, olympiads, years, seasons, months, fortnights, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds? Naps? Pranks?

Very good question.

20 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

if Pandora now says something like "READ MY NOTE ALREADY!!!" in the floating-little-girl form that Rhoda's seen before

Actually, that would be good reason for Rhoda to NOT read that note. Almost as good as if she would introduce herself as Pandora Chaos Raven.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

what exactly they mean by "purification"?

From the Roman point of view, it was the ceremonial animal sacrifice that followed the quinquennial census.  Apparently, if you want all the people of the Roman Kingdom/Republic/Empire to atone for their sins, you need to know how many people actually are in the Kingdom/Republic/Empire.