• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Friday February 17, 2017

Maybe the note is ensorcelled to be extra-sharp print, beyond normal pen or pencil capacity.  I've found I can read remarkably small print on a Retina display.  Or, perhaps the magic magnifies whatever spot on the page the reader is looking at.  Although I do like the mental image of a text scroll deliberately done in the style of the Star Wars intros....

Playing with your cat.

And the note is not all that amazing.  The ink hasn't dried.  So as Rhoda reads one sentence, the ink flows and forms the next sentence.

When Rhoda finishes reading the message, there are three possibilities for the fate of the note.
  1.  "If you choose to accept this book, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.  This note will self destruct in Five seconds.  Good luck, Rhoda."
  2.  An Edward Verres Rorschach note where everyone who reads it sees something other that what is actually there.
  3.  A totes mundane note, "Rhoda,  quiz on chapter one Monday. P : )"

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

1.  "If you choose to accept this book, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.  This note will self destruct in Five seconds.  Good luck, Rhoda."

Sweet, I wasn't the only one thinking this. :)

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=579

Even Catalina thought that was a lot for a note, hehe.

:) of course.

17 hours ago, Scotty said:

Also way to innuendo Pandora. LOL

Yup. It's almost begging for Catalina saying "Will we really get more magic if we -" and Rhoda blushing and answering "I think she means playing with the spells". Except it's so obvious Catalina would need to do it deliberately. (Hmmm ... it wouldn't be completely out of character ...)

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And the note is not all that amazing.  The ink hasn't dried.  So as Rhoda reads one sentence, the ink flows and forms the next sentence.

One of them would comment if the text would have VISIBLE method of fitting that much. Obviously, the note is enchanted in way which makes people reading it not realizing HOW it does fit all that text in that space.

... I would make a photo and look at what is visible on the photo.

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That first sentence wouldn't make sense, but it MAY end with "This note will self destruct when you finish reading it. Good luck, Rhoda".

Why waiting five seconds?

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Yup. It's almost begging for Catalina saying "Will we really get more magic if we -" and Rhoda blushing and answering "I think she means playing with the spells". Except it's so obvious Catalina would need to do it deliberately. (Hmmm ... it wouldn't be completely out of character ...)

It's hard to tell because of the freckles, but Catalina is blushing as well. :)

5 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It's a Mission: Impossible reference.

I know. It can be Mission: Impossible reference even if not that obvious.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It's hard to tell because of the freckles, but Catalina is blushing as well. :)

It's hard to tell on my monitor if Rhoda is blushing. But if they do, ok, at least both are thinking it :)

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It's hard to tell on my monitor if Rhoda is blushing. But if they do, ok, at least both are thinking it :)

Just a little.  Both of them are blushing just a little.  I had to put a magnifying glass to the screen to be sure I wasn't just seeing afterimages from other parts of the artwork.

4 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Okay, the "your cat" line is now DEFINITELY just Pandora trolling. At least the phrasing is.

I never said my waifu was above trolling or being a bit of an educated donkey at times.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I never said my waifu was above trolling or being a bit of an educated donkey at times.

Also, this was over 2 months ago, she's very recently bit slapped by a couple reality checks, the possible system change and her talk with Adrian and I'm pretty certain the latter hit the hardest.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Also, this was over 2 months ago, she's very recently bit slapped by a couple reality checks, the possible system change and her talk with Adrian and I'm pretty certain the latter hit the hardest.

All true.  I think, all in all, that this arc is the beginning of Pandora's turning towards the light side.  The start of her redemption story if you will.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

All true.  I think, all in all, that this arc is the beginning of Pandora's turning towards the light side.  The start of her redemption story if you will.

RE-turn to the light side, rather - I get the idea that she only slowly drifted to the dark after too many centuries and never completely gave in.

35 minutes ago, Haylo said:

RE-turn to the light side, rather - I get the idea that she only slowly drifted to the dark after too many centuries and never completely gave in.

Good point.

I think that the point where she started going seriously dark was when she began her crusade to kill--or rather, to "guide and empower" humans to kill--every last werewolf on Earth rather than attempting to find a cure or non-lethal restraint for them. As Adrian said, werewolves were not so by choice, as opposed to Aberrations.

10 hours ago, Haylo said:
On 02/18/2017 at 11:20 PM, mlooney said:

Unlike Star Wars, EGS does not contain separate light and dark sides. Therefore, most people are some shade of grey.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

I think that the point where she started going seriously dark was when she began her crusade to kill--or rather, to "guide and empower" humans to kill--every last werewolf on Earth rather than attempting to find a cure or non-lethal restraint for them. As Adrian said, werewolves were not so by choice, as opposed to Aberrations.

Which, apparently, happened long ago, so we can assume she got lighter, actually.