• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Monday January 20, 2017

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Just forget it, all of you. None of you live in the country with the strongest still existing roots to Viking mentality.

You say that, but you never invade France for the weather.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Those were Normans. Me, I invade England. Admittedly not for the weather.

Odd are that Rollo, the leader of the people that became Normans was in fact a Dane.  Just saying.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Waiting impatiently for someone to respond he's from Principality of Hutt River ... :)

(No, I'm not.)

I bought a title of nobility from Hutt River in the 70s.  I'm not sure if I still have the documents...

4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Waiting impatiently for someone to respond he's from Principality of Hutt River ... :)

(No, I'm not.)

I bought a title of nobility from Hutt River in the 70s.  I'm not sure if I still have the documents...

Finally :)

9 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Finally :)

...but I'm a US citizen...

Enjoy it while you can. Despotic regimes usually forbid dual citizenship.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That sounded like a political jab.  I'm not sure that's appropriate here.

Apologies if I have misconstrued you.

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That sounded like a political jab.  I'm not sure that's appropriate here.

Apologies if I have misconstrued you.

Not sure what is jab but it was political joke. (And I really hope it will remain just joke.)

Apologies if it's not appropriate.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure what is jab but it was political joke. (And I really hope it will remain just joke.)

Apologies if it's not appropriate.

It's all good.  Probably best to not go there till things have calmed down over here in the US.

10 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I'd much rather become a citizen of the Conch Republic.

If you like Hemmingway, Hurricanes, Key Lime Pie, Conch Fritters, Bacterial Enriched Tap Water, and Too Many Tourists, Key West is a great place.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think I'll pass on the bacteria, thank you.

Don't think about as water but as protein shake on tap and it's not that bad. Just remember to boil it first if you're just visiting.

You make it sound like a third world country.  Is the actual municiple water really that bad?  Or are there just a lot of wells and cisterns?

Edited by CritterKeeper
Noticed the typos

The last time I was in Key West, I asked for some water.  The waitress warned me to get bottled water because of the assorted nastiness.  Apparently, if you move there you will be sick for about a month while your body builds up a tolerance.

Bermuda has a similar problem because most of the population gets their drinking water from rooftop cisterns that always have their own bacterial colonies.

Neither of these places are third world countries.  But both have limited water supplies.  Someone really needs to crack the problem of CHEAPLY desalinating ocean water for human consumption, industry, and agriculture on the largest scale.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Someone really needs to crack the problem of CHEAPLY desalinating ocean water for human consumption, industry, and agriculture on the largest scale.

I think only problem with desalinating ocean water is the ENERGY. Meaning, it will get almost free when people stop fearing and build some next-generation nuclear reactors. Preferably cold fusion of course :)

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Bermuda has a similar problem because most of the population gets their drinking water from rooftop cisterns that always have their own bacterial colonies.

Of course, creating drinking water from bacteria-enriched water will always be easier. You only need to boil it.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, creating drinking water from bacteria-enriched water will always be easier. You only need to boil it.

Wouldn't boiling or otherwise evaporating the water be the energy challenge with desalinization as well?