• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Pinup Double Tue Feb 21 2017

Rhoda must be wearing something else under that shirt that's keeping Catalina from sinking into her cleavage, I don't think a bra would be enough.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Rhoda must be wearing something else under that shirt that's keeping Catalina from sinking into her cleavage, I don't think a bra would be enough.

at 1/7 normal size Catalina is 1/343 her usual weight.  Assuming Catalina normally weighs 126 pounds (chosen because it ought to be close to her actual weight and divides evenly by 7), divide both by 7 we get 18/49 pounds for about 37% or a pound.  Or 18*16/49 for 5.9 ounces. That's not too difficult to support.

If Rhoda wore a bra that pushed her breasts together, say a spandex bra, she should be able to support Catalina even if Catalina were nestled comfortably between.  Looking at how much of Catalina is showing in Rhoda's shirt, Catalina is almost-surely laying on top of a spandex bra that has little depth of cleavage that Rhoda's top itself doesn't have.

Given how things like this tend to go for EGS characters, this is probably Try #2 or more.  Previous attempts might have had Catalina slipping into the valley between Rhoda's breasts or sliding off a too-smooth bra surface into Rhoda's shirt.

37 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Given how things like this tend to go for EGS characters, this is probably Try #2 or more.  Previous attempts might have had Catalina slipping into the valley between Rhoda's breasts or sliding off a too-smooth bra surface into Rhoda's shirt.

Of course it's try number 2 or more.  They have been following the advice in Pandora's note every chance they get.

32 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

... and I am certain they thoroughly enjoyed practicing prior attempts. ^_^

I'm sure they were also totally embarrassed, because if they weren't it wouldn't be EGS.  :)

I have an image in my head of Catalina desperately drowning in a sea of cleavage and Rhoda both blushing and getting ready to toss her a tiny life-preserver. 

13 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I have an image in my head of Catalina desperately drowning in a sea of cleavage and Rhoda both blushing and getting ready to toss her a tiny life-preserver. 

I accept this as canon

9 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I read this right as Mrs. Prof entered our living room and, surprisingly, removed her pants. Not something you see in this location every day.

"There's something you don't see every day, Chauncy..."

Considering neither likely saw anything from the movie, I'm not sure why they were buying tickets AT ALL. Or why are they in movie theater.

Wait.

How long are they there?

Did they entered for one movie and it's already third one?

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Are you suggesting a "Wake Up, Little Suzie" scenario?

For how unresponsive Suzie seemed to be, one has to wonder if she actually died. or something..

21 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:

How long are they there?

Did they entered for one movie and it's already third one?

Are you suggesting a "Wake Up, Little Suzie" scenario?

No, I don't think they spent the time by sleeping. Although, Catalina does look little sleepy ...

Okay, for all you guys who weren't alive in the Fifties, "Wake Up, Little Suzie" was about falling asleep at a drive-in movie. These were once very popular. They were still around when I was raising my kids, and they were a very good option for families with young kids, especially babies (Since you were in your car, your little darlings probably weren't disturbing everyone else in the theater.) By this time the fare was almost always per car, so it was cheaper. And by the Eighties, most had multiple screens, so you could watch a bunch of movies you hadn't paid for, even if you couldn't hear the sound. You usually had a speaker you hung on your car door, which means you had to leave the window open. This is the reason most Drive-Ins north of the sunbelt closed in the winter. By the nineties low-power FM was providing the sound in more and more drive-ins so you could listen with your car radio, and so you wouldn't forget about the speaker and drive off with it.

But also by the 1990s, more and more drive-ins began to close. They'd originally been built mostly out in the boonies where land was cheaper and property taxes lower or non-existent. But urban sprawl made the land more and more expensive, and the tax man began calling on more and more of them. TV had gotten better with cable and satellite was becoming more affordable, so more people stayed home. And owners found they could sell their land for bigger and bigger bucks while their profit margins kept going down.

There were something like a dozen drive-ins in the counties around San Francisco Bay in the late seventies, about a quarter of the movie page in the San Francisco Chronicle or the San Jose Mercury News. Now there are only two. Most of them were already hosting flea markets part-time except for San Jose, which did and still does have a permanent flea market where you can buy just about everything.

Anyway, getting back to little Suzie, in the Fifties, drive-in movies were called "passion pits" because they were supposed to be a great place for teenagers to make out. I wouldn't know since I didn't get my own car until I was in my twenties and it was the seventies. I do know that no parent in-the-know would let his or her daughter to a drive-in with a date in a certain Nash model because it had front seats that could fold down to make a bed along with the generous back seat. If you want to see one of these cars, watch The Last Picture Show and you'll see Cybill Shepherd making out in one.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I do know that no parent in-the-know would let his or her daughter to a drive-in with a date in a certain Nash model because it had front seats that could fold down to make a bed along with the generous back seat. If you want to see one of these cars, watch The Last Picture Show and you'll see Cybill Shepherd making out in one.

There is also a reference to "Nash seats" in an episode of the 70's sitcom Happy Days in which Richie is trying to buy a car—with his father's help. I don't think the car that had Nash seats passed muster.

Found the reference to it here - look for episode #2, "The Lemon." They apparently did buy the car anyway, but not with the results they wanted.

Edited by ProfessorTomoe
Found online reference

Huh.  Somehow, I was always under the impression Susie and her boyfriend had gone up in the balcony of the movie theater together.  I just checked the lyrics, and there is nothing there to indicate a drive-in versus a movie theater, either of us could be right.  Seems to me it would be awfully difficult to pass unnoticed at a drive-in when closing time came; surely they'd want to get all the cars off the property and lock up at the end of the night.  A seldom-used balcony, on the other hand, could be a place they only bother to go up to clean if they know someone was up there, like at a very popular movie where the main floor is full.  I always wondered if the pair were locked in the theater....

On 2/21/2017 at 6:11 PM, Vorlonagent said:

Reading this, my brain jumped straight to the end of the canoe scene in Horsefeathers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhrjnSyKBYw