• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Friday March 25, 2016

6 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

So, is the next story line going to be "Vampire Hunters" or something?

Well, if someone's organizing vampires and having them come to Moperville, Edward definitely needs to be told, I'm not getting my hopes up but this is not just a simple bulldog dragon causing a ruckus near a comic book shop, Arthur Arthur should be obligated to send agents to investigate a possible vampire infestation and find the cause of it.

Speaking of possible cause. This doesn't seem like something Pandora would do, despite her insanity and wanting to "destroy" the world, I doubt she recruit aberrations to help with that. Colonel Sanders? Given his behaviour, maybe, depends on if ancients hold the same hatred for aberrations that immortals do, maybe not though.

The Sirleck theory is sounding better, he's an aberration, probably has the ability to contact other aberrations, "hey I know of some very juicy targets for anyone interested" kind of thing. I'm not sure if Magus would be aware of that plan if true, he already despised the idea of asking for Sirleck's assistance a second time.

12 minutes ago, Stormtalon42 said:

That expression in the last panel?  Absolutely Tara-fying.

Yes, you all are allowed to clobber me for that one.

Is JML still around? I haven't seen any posts from him since the forums came back.

4 minutes ago, Stormtalon42 said:

I've seen him commenting on the Facebook notifications, I think.

Ok.

Also, I just noticed something. On Wednesday's story page, the hover text has the date 2019-03-23. Today's page has the hover text 20XX-03-25.

...za?

It's coming together, slowly but surely. I agree the aberrations are probably working for Sirleck and I think it's safe to assume Pandora blocked the magic flow between universes. I would imagine before it's over Sirleck is dead and while they wont be able to tell what pandora did to block it or how to fix it they'll know she was responsible.

4 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

There's hover text?

I read on an iPad.

Tap and hold the image until you get a contextual menu. It'll show any hover text above the menu options.

16 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

Tap and hold the image until you get a contextual menu. It'll show any hover text above the menu options.

Yeah, I know how to get the hover text, I just didn't realize there was any to be looking for.

4 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

Tara looks so... enthusiastic in that last panel.

I wonder if folks could convince those two to stick around? At least for a bit? And maybe come back to visit later? They're cool.

Perhaps she is enjoying the thought of being able to solve the issue by striking at a single weak point (the "puppet master" who is manipulating the Vampires) instead of having to play whack-a-mole with potentially dozens of monsters over a span of weeks.

Anyway, I agree that the list of top suspects, among those characters whom we already know about, consists of Pandora, Col. Glowy, and Sirleck.

Hmmm, if it is Col. Glowy, then that would provide a motive for him to manipulate Tara and thus keep her separated from Andrea, as Tara would be able to curbstomp many of the Vampires if he didn't keep her distracted.

First, Bagel Dogs are not the worst reason that has ever been used to start or justify a war.

Second, what if the magic clog and gathering Vampires in Moperville is a coordinated effort to keep the Griffons away from their half of the world?

Third, given her expression in the last panel, are we certain Tara is NOT a supervillain?

22 hours ago, Stormtalon42 said:

That expression in the last panel?  Absolutely Tara-fying.

Yes, you all are allowed to clobber me for that one.

That's Tara-ble

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well, if someone's organizing vampires and having them come to Moperville, Edward definitely needs to be told, I'm not getting my hopes up but this is not just a simple bulldog dragon causing a ruckus near a comic book shop, Arthur Arthur should be obligated to send agents to investigate a possible vampire infestation and find the cause of it.

Except they may sort of lack any proof. I definitely hope they tell Edward, but convincing Arthur Arthur might be too hard ...

Speaking of possible cause. This doesn't seem like something Pandora would do, despite her insanity and wanting to "destroy" the world, I doubt she recruit aberrations to help with that. Colonel Sanders? Given his behaviour, maybe, depends on if ancients hold the same hatred for aberrations that immortals do, maybe not though.

The Sirleck theory is sounding better, he's an aberration, probably has the ability to contact other aberrations, "hey I know of some very juicy targets for anyone interested" kind of thing. I'm not sure if Magus would be aware of that plan if true, he already despised the idea of asking for Sirleck's assistance a second time.

I think he lied when he said he's ancient. That, or it's really just different name for same being with the rules they need to follow being different on the two sides of universe.

That said, Pandora used Sirleck, Colonel Sanders might be using vampires. It's not like they survival needs to be part of plan.

Meanwhile, I'm not sure where would Sirleck get the sort of influence needed for this plan.

Also, I just noticed something. On Wednesday's story page, the hover text has the date 2019-03-23. Today's page has the hover text 20XX-03-25.

...za?

Interesting.

18 hours ago, ijuin said:
22 hours ago, Random Wanderer said:

Tara looks so... enthusiastic in that last panel.

I wonder if folks could convince those two to stick around? At least for a bit? And maybe come back to visit later? They're cool.

Perhaps she is enjoying the thought of being able to solve the issue by striking at a single weak point (the "puppet master" who is manipulating the Vampires) instead of having to play whack-a-mole with potentially dozens of monsters over a span of weeks.

Who wouldn't?

15 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Third, given her expression in the last panel, are we certain Tara is NOT a supervillain?

The world is not as black & white as fairy tales for children claims. You rarely find the kind of hero who is always nice and never harms anyone outside cemetery. She's likely disappointed there is noone she could disembowel for holding Andrea captive, and look, someone volunteered to take the role of replacement. Anyone sending vampires into city is certainly evil and therefore valid target.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Except they may sort of lack any proof. I definitely hope they tell Edward, but convincing Arthur Arthur might be too hard ...

That goes along with the idea that Helena and Demetrius don't currently trust the paranormal division to handle the vampires so they asked Andrea for help.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Meanwhile, I'm not sure where would Sirleck get the sort of influence needed for this plan.

As much as it probably pains him, he might have offered a bounty out of the billions he's embezzled. Of course if the idea is to use them as cannon fodder, then he's probably not worried about following through with any payments. And of course this depends on whether vampires still have a need to blend in with the general population and thus need money.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

As much as it probably pains him, he might have offered a bounty out of the billions he's embezzled. Of course if the idea is to use them as cannon fodder, then he's probably not worried about following through with any payments. And of course this depends on whether vampires still have a need to blend in with the general population and thus need money.

... hmmm, that could work.

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

First, Bagel Dogs are not the worst reason that has ever been used to start or justify a war.

The Pig War actually didn't quite happen - the only casualty was the pig.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The world is not as black & white as fairy tales for children claims. You rarely find the kind of hero who is always nice and never harms anyone outside cemetery.

A Practical Guide to Evil, in which a villain is appalled at how many innocent people are dying as a result of the heroes' actions. (While acknowledging that it's her fault one of the heroes isn't already dead.)

(She recently made up for it by probably-killing another hero... in such a manner that it probably significantly increased the average IQ of the heroes.)

7 hours ago, vvaivi said:

Cutting the strings would just set them loose.

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be any different than if the vampires moved in because of the ambient energy levels, at the moment Andrea has been able to pick off 6 vampires, but that could have been during their normal feeding times. If they are organized, then they may end up at some point making a simultaneous push towards whatever the goal is. So sure, Andrea's killed 6 herself and Tara helped kill a 7th, but if there's 20 more still in hiding, and they all come out at the same time, I wouldn't expect even Tara and Andrea to hold them off for long.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, but then it wouldn't be any different than if the vampires moved in because of the ambient energy levels, at the moment Andrea has been able to pick off 6 vampires, but that could have been during their normal feeding times. If they are organized, then they may end up at some point making a simultaneous push towards whatever the goal is. So sure, Andrea's killed 6 herself and Tara helped kill a 7th, but if there's 20 more still in hiding, and they all come out at the same time, I wouldn't expect even Tara and Andrea to hold them off for long.

If 20 vampires came out at the same time but were not organized, I'd expect Tara and Andrea - possibly assisted by Elliot, Nanase, Ellen, and maybe Susan and/or Diane - to defeat them.

But they'd make a heck of a mess and kill several (I'd guess at least 30) people before the last of them went down.

If 20 came out in an organized cooperating group, then maybe Griffins & Company would be in trouble, but (unless and until the latter lost) there'd be a lot less mess and fewer fatalities.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, Scotty said:

*snip

I don't know which comic number it was, but wasn't the last sight of Magus pretty much his begging assistance from Sirleck in distracting the Immortals watching Elliot? Sirleck didn't wan't to be the bait, but I'm willing to bet other aberrations would suit him nicely. We may be seeing the opening bid on Magus making his move with aberration backing ... or we're still in the organization stage and an unexpected griffon started throwing monkeys into the works.

[sarcasm] Oh, no, I'll have to reread the archives to find that comic. [/sarcasm]

45 minutes ago, Hunendora said:

I don't know which comic number it was, but wasn't the last sight of Magus pretty much his begging assistance from Sirleck in distracting the Immortals watching Elliot? Sirleck didn't wan't to be the bait, but I'm willing to bet other aberrations would suit him nicely. We may be seeing the opening bid on Magus making his move with aberration backing ... or we're still in the organization stage and an unexpected griffon started throwing monkeys into the works.

[sarcasm] Oh, no, I'll have to reread the archives to find that comic. [/sarcasm]

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1126

Here you go.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If 20 came out in an organized cooperating group, then maybe Griffins & Company would be in trouble, but (unless and until the latter lost) there'd be a lot less mess and fewer fatalities.

I don't think there will be any troubles in direct organized attack. I'm pretty sure that Tara has area-effect spells, Nanase's guardian form will be much more effective against organized attack because she can finish multiple vampires before she consumes all available energy and Grace is more likely to be able to actually fight if the danger is more obvious. So, only 20 vampires against main 8 + 2 griffins doesn't seem that dangerous.

What would be dangerous is the divide et impera scenario: if everyone would be attacked by two vampires at same time but different place. But that would only happen if main eight as a group are actually primary target, which currently doesn't seem likely.