• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Friday March 25, 2016

On 3/25/2016 at 0:50 PM, Scotty said:

Also, I just noticed something. On Wednesday's story page, the hover text has the date 2019-03-23. Today's page has the hover text 20XX-03-25.

...za?

I got those on my feed. Much error on Dan's part, if not the sheer syntax error. :demonicduck:

3 hours ago, Hunendora said:

[sarcasm] Oh, no, I'll have to reread the archives to find that comic. [/sarcasm]

What? It is nice reading back.

On 3/26/2016 at 1:37 PM, vvaivi said:

Cutting the strings would just set them loose.

Would they flop down like a marionette? Or crash and break like a chandelier? Either way, Andrea creeped me out.

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

What would be dangerous is the divide et impera scenario: if everyone would be attacked by two vampires at same time but different place. But that would only happen if main eight as a group are actually primary target, which currently doesn't seem likely.

No, the main eight likely aren't the target. If this IS Sirleck's doing, then chances are the deal is for the vampires to converge on the city, maybe they've been told that Mopeville is prime feeding ground because of the high magic around it. Helena and Demetrius would see this as a big problem and try to deal with it. There has been a couple moments already in this story where Elliot and Ellen have been together and Elliot has to go back to Charlotte's after him and Nanase are done talking with Tara and Andrea because he still has to take Ashley home so that's one more opportunity for Magus to get Ellen to zap Elliot. I guess it would all depend on if Helena and Demetrius get wind of another vampire just before Tara and Andrea go home.

Looks like I was wrong, pretty much everything is pointing toward Magus and Sirleck now that we know that the vampires might not be showing up just because of the ambient magic. It makes perfect sense on so many levels:

1) Magus needs to distract Helena and Demetrius and immortals hate vampires more than anything

2) Sirleck's host is rich, he can afford to pay all those vampires

3) Magus probably isn't thrilled to work with vampires, but he might not mind it so much since they all seem to end up dead

4) Vampires see each other as competition, so Sirleck doesn't care about getting his own kind killed as long as he gets what he wants in the end

5) Even if we're wrong and the vampires are not working as a team, Magus is still getting what he wants and is just waiting for the right time. I still don't think he's the one who clogged the magic drain, but if he somehow managed to find out about it, his plan might be as simple as waiting for all the vampires to show up and Helena and Demetrius to chase after them, leaving Elliot and Ellen unprotected. Of course, that doesn't explain why he needs Sirleck, so yeah, they're probably paying vampires to go to Moperville.

1 hour ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Looks like I was wrong, pretty much everything is pointing toward Magus and Sirleck now that we know that the vampires might not be showing up just because of the ambient magic. It makes perfect sense on so many levels:

1) Magus needs to distract Helena and Demetrius and immortals hate vampires more than anything

2) Sirleck's host is rich, he can afford to pay all those vampires

3) Magus probably isn't thrilled to work with vampires, but he might not mind it so much since they all seem to end up dead

4) Vampires see each other as competition, so Sirleck doesn't care about getting his own kind killed as long as he gets what he wants in the end

5) Even if we're wrong and the vampires are not working as a team, Magus is still getting what he wants and is just waiting for the right time. I still don't think he's the one who clogged the magic drain, but if he somehow managed to find out about it, his plan might be as simple as waiting for all the vampires to show up and Helena and Demetrius to chase after them, leaving Elliot and Ellen unprotected. Of course, that doesn't explain why he needs Sirleck, so yeah, they're probably paying vampires to go to Moperville.

One problem with this is what would the aberrations even need money for? I can understand body-snatcher aberrations like Sirleck needing money to put up an illusion of normalcy, but what would the rest need them for?

Dan has confirmed that at least some vampires look normal when they're not using their powers, so those might need to put up an illusion of normalcy too. Also, even though vampires have no empathy for others whatsoever, I believe most of them would still like to live as comfortably as possible and they would need money for at least some things. I don't think they're invulnerable against forces of nature and just live in forests, streets or mountains when they're not hunting for prey. They're not animals!

21 minutes ago, SeriousJupiter said:

Dan has confirmed that at least some vampires look normal when they're not using their powers, so those might need to put up an illusion of normalcy too. Also, even though vampires have no empathy for others whatsoever, I believe most of them would still like to live as comfortably as possible and they would need money for at least some things. I don't think they're invulnerable against forces of nature and just live in forests, streets or mountains when they're not hunting for prey. They're not animals!

If they would be like animals, they wouldn't be doing anything else than hunting for prey. Well, I mean, animals also reproduce, but it doesn't seem vampires do. If vampires do anything else except hunting, it will be between people OR using people stuff. Maybe they are chatting over Internet like Not-tengu, but then they need to pay for connection and electricity (don't need to look human for either).

it would probably be for the best if they relayed that information to the authorities before attempting to address the issue

although there is the distinct possibility that a mole in the organization has been suppressing information about multiple vampires being active in the area, so they have to be careful

22 hours ago, weirdee said:

it would probably be for the best if they relayed that information to the authorities before attempting to address the issue

although there is the distinct possibility that a mole in the organization has been suppressing information about multiple vampires being active in the area, so they have to be careful

They should tell Edward. He is much likely to correctly determine how to relay the information even IF there is a mole in the organization.

But ... perhaps the combination of vampires keeping low profile and immortals quickly finding them meant that there wasn't need to suppress anything.