• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story: Friday 24 Feb 2017

Argh, beat me by like six seconds. That's what i get for re-typing the entire thing four times.

EDIT: I don't know. I kind of feel her deciding to be male in the short term would go against her wanting to tell her dad.

If the monologue in the commentary is certainly Tedd's train of thought, then it does confirm what I feel is what's causing the rift between her and Edward. All the excuses made for why Tedd transforms herself into a girl and such has made Edward think it's some side effect of using the TFG or that Tedd has some sort of kink about it, but that was all before Tedd realized the actual reason why she does it. Now she just needs to buckle down and tell him the truth.

Inspirational Elliot is inspiring.

Knowing about the tenuous state of magic nearly returned Tedd to the mute stage.

Now Tedd has a plan.  A mission.  A raison d'être.  A Holy Grail worthy of an epic quest.  A Hitchcock worthy McGuffin.  An interesting hobby.  A mad obsession.  A quirk that makes the neighbors talk about Tedd in whispers.

Too bad this plan doesn't come with a paycheck or academic credit.  This could take a long (LLLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGG) time.

24 minutes ago, Haylo said:

he might want to copy all available forms to the TFG  as well as having Grace memorize them to maximize his chances of recovering them later.

What makes you think Tedd hasn't already done that?

Well not sure about Grace having the clone forms, she probably has a few but maybe not all of them. I would assume Tedd designed the Watch forms on the same computer she designed TFG forms.

Ah Dan, you old rascal you.  You just love throwing another log on the roaring fire of Fan Shipping.  Now we know that nothing will break Tedd and Grace up and we already have the One True Triad with Sarah.  And true, there have always been the stalwart ones, who have help out hope for a Tedd Elliot pairing, but now... Starship TessElliot has roared out of the spaceport.

Honestly though, is there some kind of diagramming language/symbology for Transgender Polyamorous Shipping?  I'm sure we can chart the whole cast into some kind of linked whole based purely on who has blushed at who in canon comics.

21 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Elliot looks so smug in panel six. I agree with @ijuin - it's payback for http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=146.

Elliot's expression is either knowing that Tedd just had a moment of attraction to him, or just being in agreement with Tedd's newfound determination that he helped with getting.

Though, can't really go wrong with assuming it's both. :)

y'see, this is why i don't keep changing pronouns for tedd until i'm sure of what they've picked for themselves

but they've got plenty of time to grow up so i don't feel too disappointed in them shying away from the deeper parts of their psyche

Tedd's reason for this choice is inarguable - in both relational terms (his actual spur to the choice) and pragmatic terms (ID cards, school enrollment...)

Whether it's the best choice is, nonetheless, unclear.

Frankly, as genderfluid as Tedd appears to be, I'm not convinced that there is a "better" choice on anything other than pragmatic and relational grounds. And the pragmatic issues would be temporary.

Note: I suspect Tedd switched to male between frames 5 and 6.

7 hours ago, Scotty said:
8 hours ago, Haylo said:

he might want to copy all available forms to the TFG  as well as having Grace memorize them to maximize his chances of recovering them later.

What makes you think Tedd hasn't already done that?

Well not sure about Grace having the clone forms, she probably has a few but maybe not all of them. I would assume Tedd designed the Watch forms on the same computer she designed TFG forms.

Most likely, he designed everything on computer, which will NOT be affected by magic reset, and if for some reason will be easier to get forms from Grace than from computer, she can always put the forms on Grace AFTER reset because TF Gun will work on Grace after reset exactly same as before reset.

Only thing he needs to scan is her girly form, that's from mark spell and she can lose that.

13 hours ago, Dabat said:

EDIT: I don't know. I kind of feel her deciding to be male in the short term would go against her wanting to tell her dad.

Possibly. But his main reason to stay male seem to be avoid being attracted to Elliot :)

33 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Tedd's reason for this choice is inarguable - in both relational terms (his actual spur to the choice) and pragmatic terms (ID cards, school enrollment...)

Whether it's the best choice is, nonetheless, unclear.

Frankly, as genderfluid as Tedd appears to be, I'm not convinced that there is a "better" choice on anything other than pragmatic and relational grounds. And the pragmatic issues would be temporary.

While it seems logical to test it, we already talked about how hard is to make any test which would show useful results.

And based on limited amount of data, I think he would be similarly unhappy with either gender if stuck in it, so falling back to pragmatic reasons make sense.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Only thing he needs to scan is her girly form, that's from mark spell and she can lose that.

Well Tedd as she currently is would be FV1 anyway so she's covered already. Her extra girly form from when she first intentionally used the spell would have to be saved.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well Tedd as she currently is would be FV1 anyway so she's covered already. Her extra girly form from when she first intentionally used the spell would have to be saved.

Yeah that's the one I meant.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

...or reverse engineered.  There is that option as well.

The thing is as Tedd mentioned earlier is that the quasi-magic Uryouom energy might not interact with humans the same after a magic reset, which could invalidate all Tedd's stored data.

If the EGSverse were the  real-world I'd say that I think it's quite improbable that the TFG's effect on humans would be altered.

However...

1) "quite improbable" and "impossible" are definitely not the same thing;

2) this is a work of fiction, and the rules of magic - heck, even the laws of physics - are whatever the author says they are and change the way the author says they change.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now Tedd has a plan.  A mission.  A raison d'être.  A Holy Grail worthy of an epic quest.  A Hitchcock worthy McGuffin.  An interesting hobby.  A mad obsession.  A quirk that makes the neighbors talk about Tedd in whispers.

You say that like it's a bad thing.  Or not

13 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Ah Dan, you old rascal you.  You just love throwing another log on the roaring fire of Fan Shipping.  Now we know that nothing will break Tedd and Grace up and we already have the One True Triad with Sarah.  And true, there have always been the stalwart ones, who have help out hope for a Tedd Elliot pairing, but now... Starship TessElliot has roared out of the spaceport.

There is a reason why there is a Tedd -> Elliot link in the web of shipping.

13 hours ago, Tuscahoma said:

Honestly though, is there some kind of diagramming language/symbology for Transgender Polyamorous Shipping?  I'm sure we can chart the whole cast into some kind of linked whole based purely on who has blushed at who in canon comics.

You mean like this?
The OT14 web