• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP: Friday February 24, 2017

Bit of an anticlimax if that's it for Kitty, but maybe there are further hijinxs planned for her in a future storyline, perhaps one where darling Katherine is the star instead of a bit part.  ;-)

(Yes, I know Kitty being a diminutive of Katherine isn't canon, but it isn't refuted yet, either.  So there.)

So Rhoda is partially blind to what she had done to Kitty. So midjinks-y.

And why is the witness the impractical mix of Amanda and Tedd (sorta, but not really)?

Just now, Don Edwards said:

Rhoda, you are failing at cover-up...

There's a good chance she could just come across as being someone who witnessed something happening to Kitty as opposed to being the one that caused something to happen to her, so I don't think there's anything to worry about there, the girl they asked looks more confused than anything and will likely forget about this exchange later.

Based on the outfit of the new character, I would guess she is a waitress.  Probably at a mid priced casual dining restaurant that tends to act pretentious.  Or perhaps working for a caterer.  If not a waitress, then a guide or usher seem most likely.

Usually, people in those positions won't wear the uniform outside work, unless they are going to or from work.  As her tie has not been loosened at all, I would guess she is on the way in.

So we are looking for some place in the mall where a young female employee would wear a very generic customer service uniform.

The Tea Shoppe.

This was, of course, back in October before they started stocking the special blend.

Now that that has been settled.  What is her name?  With whom is she involved?  Has she acquired a little Nanase fairy doll?  Or is this just Pandora in yet another disguise?  Maybe Tedd or Grace wearing some new design on the TFG?

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Rhoda, you are failing at cover-up

1 hour ago, Aura Guardian said:

I sense that Rhoda may have some sort of cannot-lie drawback.

That makes a lot of sense.

3 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

She's probably a terrible liar, like Ashley or Elliot.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if her being last seen on a cellphone means anything important.

5 hours ago, partner555 said:

She could be talking to someone about finding catgirls.

And I think that she is a member of Luke's group.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Much of the main cast (Edward not included) seem to be terrible liars. Edward makes up for the rest of them in efficacy, even if his don't look like they would work. He has a wizard-level affinity for misdirection.

42 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Which is appropriate given that Edward might BE a wizard . . .

I know that The Dan has not come straight out and said that Edward is a wizard, but given:

I would very strongly agree with your assumption.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I know that The Dan has not come straight out and said that Edward is a wizard, but given:

There's also the fact that Noriko stated her frustration over Tedd having no magic potential despite her's and Edward's bloodline, and then Q&A #7 confirmed that Tedd was expected to be a wizard due to his family history suggests that both Edward and Noriko are wizards.

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

Looks like Kitty has left the building (or just the department store), I wonder if her being last seen on a cellphone means anything important.

... who could she talk to? Luke's friends?

22 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Bit of an anticlimax if that's it for Kitty

Unlikely.

17 hours ago, ijuin said:
20 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

Maybe WORSE. At least, Ashley and Elliot are aware they are terrible liars and tries to compensate.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

There's also the fact that Noriko stated her frustration over Tedd having no magic potential despite her's and Edward's bloodline, and then Q&A #7 confirmed that Tedd was expected to be a wizard due to his family history suggests that both Edward and Noriko are wizards.

He DID used wand when attacking Abraham, but considering Agent Wolf also have wand there and he is confirmed to be wizard ... (on the other hand, that spell for identifying Elliot might've been his own and there is no reason why all superiors of wizards need to be wizards or even magic users).

15 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe Dan's retconning her as one of the others that Luke used his auravision on to determing a difference between someone marked and someone not marked but with magic.

If she's in college, she might have been friends with Luke before any of them were marked, and they're about to learn about the marks in the next couple days after this incident. Or maybe she doesn't know Luke yet and she happens to bump into him at some point after he discovers his ability and happens to use it on her and tells her.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:
22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe Dan's retconning her as one of the others that Luke used his auravision on to determing a difference between someone marked and someone not marked but with magic.

It's only retcon if he didn't originally planned that :)

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

If she's in college, she might have been friends with Luke before any of them were marked, and they're about to learn about the marks in the next couple days after this incident. Or maybe she doesn't know Luke yet and she happens to bump into him at some point after he discovers his ability and happens to use it on her and tells her.

She doesn't look that old ... on the other hand, she can be friends with Luke even if not similar age.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

It's only retcon if he didn't originally planned that :)

Considering Kitty was made up for this NP, we know Dan didn't have her planned back when he introduced Luke, so she obviously wasn't in mind at the time.

3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She doesn't look that old ... on the other hand, she can be friends with Luke even if not similar age.

She can still be 19-20 and not look older than the 18 year olds in the cast. Heck there's a girl I work with who's 22 and looks like she could be 15.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:
23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She can still be 19-20 and not look older than the 18 year olds in the cast. Heck there's a girl I work with who's 22 and looks like she could be 15.

... right. And guessing age of drawn people is usually HARDER than in real life. (And I'm not speaking about the Pandora case here.)

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... right. And guessing age of drawn people is usually HARDER than in real life. (And I'm not speaking about the Pandora case here.)

I guess the best example would be the New Years Even party. We know Ellen, Nanase and Diane are 18 (well Diane was a couple hours from turning 18) and Charlotte is 19 because she was a senior at MSHS when the incident with Abraham happened. Everyone else at the party would have to be at least 19 of course, but beyond that, it's hard to guess, considering alcohol was involved some of them were probably 21 unless the ones that brought the booze either used fake IDs or got other people to buy it for them. If Rhea supplied all the alcohol herself then she might be 21. Considering they appeared to be out bar hopping during "So a Date", unless fake IDs were used, Rhea, Rick and Elijah are 21

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Considering they appeared to be out bar hopping during "So a Date", unless fake IDs were used, Rhea, Rick and Elijah are 21

Do you really require ID if friend buys you drink?

Between his look and enthusiasm, I would guess Elijah is younger than Rick. But, yes, it's wild guess.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Between his look and enthusiasm, I would guess Elijah is younger than Rick. But, yes, it's wild guess.

If they planned on staying in the bar for a few drinks, they'd likely all be carded and if Elijah wasn't old enough, the bar staff would keep an eye on them cus I'm pretty certain the bar could still be liable for serving minors even if they didn't directly hand the underaged person the drink.

Maybe Elijah just turned 21 and that was his first official night out drinking.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

In Oklahoma, yes, you do.  With the full force of the law on the wait staff's side.  The establishment can lose there liquor license if they don't.  And it's not 18, but 21 that you have to be.

In most states, whatever the "legal drinking age" is, everyone consuming alcohol in a bar or restaurant must be at least that age. Doesn't matter if you're with your parents and they are ordering a glass of wine for you - you gotta be "of age". The business can (read: if caught, WILL) be in a metric sh*t-ton of trouble if they don't check and then they provide alcohol to an underage person. The waitperson, too, in some states - legal trouble, that is; in pretty much every state that person's going to be given the opportunity to pursue other career options.

The rules are rather looser in stores selling packaged liquor; however in some circumstances they also will have to check the age of persons other than the person technically buying the booze. (Also, if a teenager outside the liquor store hands you money, you go in and buy booze, and hand the bottle to the teenager after you leave, YOU may be in trouble. As well as the teenager. And if there's good reason to think the store staff witnessed the outdoor transactions, them too.)

In general I don't think much of the fear of most US governments that someone somewhere might be enjoying themselves without official permission - but when it comes to kids getting unconstrained access to intoxicants... yeah, there should be some obstacles to that plan.