• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Monday February 27, 2017

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2316

Looks like they also wonder if Edward and Arthur know about Magic being able to change. Though Tedd's got a point, saying he heard about it from Grace and Sarah might not be taken seriously by Arthur for sure, not sure about Edward though Edward didn't take Tedd asking about whales very seriously either, but then Tedd didn't fully explain what happened either.

9 minutes ago, Swordsmaster said:

Crazy theory here, but what if... Arthur already knows? Maybe he knows that magic might change? What if that's his goal? Definitely not going to happen, but it popped into my mind.

I considered that possibility myself.  If Magic resets, then all the magical criminals they have to deal with will also be de-powered.  

But that also brings up the question of whether he may know Tedd's true nature, and wants to monopolize Magic through him...

Last time Elliot made that mistake about Tedd being a guy or a girl he got zapped in to FV5, which is why, I suspect he looks a little freaked out in panel 3.

And, yeah, Tedd should tell his dad, who does know about immortals and will most likely believe Tedd.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Last time Elliot made that mistake about Tedd being a guy or a girl he got zapped in to FV5, which is why, I suspect he looks a little freaked out in panel 3.

Well, Tedd did change without any fanfare here, and earlier on she was trying to more or less conceal her female form from most people. Then again, just a few minutes ago Elliot was saying that he could recognize the change in Tedd's voice between male and female.

56 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Well, Tedd did change without any fanfare here, and earlier on she was trying to more or less conceal her female form from most people. Then again, just a few minutes ago Elliot was saying that he could recognize the change in Tedd's voice between male and female.

I was under the assumption that Tedd didn't change back until just then. He still seemed to have breasts in the last panel of the previous comic.

Arthur is a hall monitor among others. The not-so-all-knowing kind though, unless otherwise.

(I swear, Tedd is sporting a weird haircut lately)

Just now, mlooney said:

Just now, Dabat said:
Just now, ijuin said:

I was under the assumption that Tedd didn't change back until just then. He still seemed to have breasts in the last panel of the previous comic.

I think the change happened either in panel 1 or between the last page and this one and since the only way Elliot knew Tedd had changed in the first place was his voice was different, and Tedd hadn't spoken before Elliot asked.

Also, Tedd might have given Elliot a pass for this instance because of the affirmation of friendship in the previous pages.

It has been quite a while since anyone in the comic mentioned "Tedd is just that girly".

Tedd has no reason to doubt his sources.  But Edward doesn't really understand a significant portion of the Essential Tedd.

Edward already met the Cheshire Colonel Voltaire.  It would not be a big leap for him to think, "here are confused kids with access to some magic and indirect access to even more powerful forces.  Immortals or other magical beings may want to guide and empower them to do something with unpleasant consequences for the rest of us".

31 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Edward already met the Cheshire Colonel Voltaire.  It would not be a big leap for him to think, "here are confused kids with access to some magic and indirect access to even more powerful forces.  Immortals or other magical beings may want to guide and empower them to do something with unpleasant consequences for the rest of us".

All Tedd would have to say is that it was the Immortal that appeared on TV last year who told Sarah, and someone else was trying to tell Grace in her dreams. While Edward might be cautious about whether he should believe the word of the Immortal that appeared in front of him a few years earlier with warnings about hawks and mice, it should still be enough to raise his concern.

Although, I guess Tedd might be worried that telling Edward how Sarah found out would mean telling him about her role in the plan to remove the clog, I don't recall her telling Tedd and Grace that she didn't want Edward to know about her spell in comic, but I would imagine she did off panel.

5 hours ago, Stature said:

(I swear, Tedd is sporting a weird haircut lately)

To me it looks like the same haircut that Tedd has had since Squirrel Prophet?

11 hours ago, Swordsmaster said:

Crazy theory here, but what if... Arthur already knows? Maybe he knows that magic might change? What if that's his goal? Definitely not going to happen, but it popped into my mind.

Upon reading the commentary... suddenly everything makes sense.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

To me it looks like the same haircut that Tedd has had since Squirrel Prophet?

It does look like Tedd's got more hair in the front, but that's more likely just a side effect of Dan adjusting his style, the first time we saw Tedd with the new haircut was nearly 3 years ago after all.

Actually, a little over a year later we have a cut to Tedd in a style much closer to what we see today.

18 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/?id=2316

Looks like they also wonder if Edward and Arthur know about Magic being able to change. Though Tedd's got a point, saying he heard about it from Grace and Sarah might not be taken seriously by Arthur for sure, not sure about Edward though Edward didn't take Tedd asking about whales very seriously either, but then Tedd didn't fully explain what happened either.

It's even worse: Grace has it from dream and Sarah from the crazy immortal girl who appeared before school. Not exactly reliable unless Tedd says EVERYTHING, and that might be bad idea.

18 hours ago, PrimordialSoul253 said:
18 hours ago, Swordsmaster said:

I considered that possibility myself.  If Magic resets, then all the magical criminals they have to deal with will also be de-powered.

So would DGB. I wouldn't consider it good idea considering they seem to be winning against those criminals ...

14 hours ago, Dabat said:
15 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think he's male in the sixth panel of previous comics already. But, yes, apparently Elliot was not paying attention to the voice ...

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

... and they still don't know Tedd's anger was enhanced by Magus back then, do they?

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... and they still don't know Tedd's anger was enhanced by Magus back then, do they?

No, but Tedd had told Elliot he wasn't sure what caused him to lash out and zap him.

But aside from that example, it's been made clear that questioning whether Tedd is a girl or not has happened on other occasions. And the example linked was just a few days ago comic time too.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

Although, I guess Tedd might be worried that telling Edward how Sarah found out would mean telling him about her role in the plan to remove the clog, I don't recall her telling Tedd and Grace that she didn't want Edward to know about her spell in comic, but I would imagine she did off panel.

In the Oct. 14, 2016 comic, Pandora advised Sarah against telling Mr. Veres (and his agency) about her mark -- and by implication, about Pandora's plan to solve the ambient magic buildup situation.  Sarah probably included that in her explanation to Tedd and Grace.

I think there was another comic where someone fleshed out a warning about why it might be wise to withhold information from Mr. Verres, but I was unable to find it.

3 minutes ago, Asari said:

In the Oct. 14, 2016 comic, Pandora advised Sarah against telling Mr. Veres (and his agency) about her mark -- and by implication, about Pandora's plan to solve the ambient magic buildup situation.  Sarah probably included that in her explanation to Tedd and Grace.

I think there was another comic where someone fleshed out a warning about why it might be wise to withhold information from Mr. Verres, but I was unable to find it.

You're probably thinking about the first time Pandora talked to Sarah about her new spell and warned her.