• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

Pinup - Sequence - Pint of Tea - Mon Feb 27 2107

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Jerry: Ok, I confirmed it.

Susan: So I really have sister?

Jerry: (cough) ... Sisters.

Susan: Two sisters?

Jerry: Two ... hundred ... sisters. I'm sorry but your dad really went around.

I'd be on board if we had any indication that Ashley's dad wasn't her real dad.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be on board of this. I'm afraid Susan would go on hammer spree after this. And I'm not sure HOW would Jerry find out. But it works as a joke.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be on board of this. I'm afraid Susan would go on hammer spree after this. And I'm not sure HOW would Jerry find out. But it works as a joke.

Well, I wouldn't want to see Susan get hurt like that but...I guess if the system did change, Jerry could use information like that to spark another angst induced awakening for her.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

No, I've said that taking two known characters and giving them a relationship or connection isn't a button push.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

I still hold on to the theory that Tedd was Ashley's internet girlfriend. :D

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

You see, that is a button push thing.

So I shouldn't even joke about Kitty being Ashley's internet girlfriend?

(Deliberately choosing an example we know isn't true, since Dan has admitted he only just came up with the Kitty character, in the hopes it can be taken with more humor than annoyance -- apologies if I've failed in that goal....)

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

If you count roobios, there are dozens, if not hundreds of herbal teas.

There are dozens to hundreds of herbal "teas" even without rooibos. (Tea purists object to calling them "tea" if they don't contain any actual tea leaves.)

There are also hundreds, if not thousands, of varieties of tea made with actual tea leaves. Extreme tea snobs are just as fussy as extreme wine snobs ("Ah, but were the grapes/leaves grown on the east side of that hill, or the west side? Near the top of the slope, or nearer the bottom?").

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

So I shouldn't even joke about Kitty being Ashley's internet girlfriend?

(Deliberately choosing an example we know isn't true, since Dan has admitted he only just came up with the Kitty character, in the hopes it can be taken with more humor than annoyance -- apologies if I've failed in that goal....)

That wouldn't even be a retcon, since Dan has never defined Ashley's former internet girlfriend. It could be Kitty... or Tedd... or Sam... or Susan... without violating anything that has been said about her to date.

(Well, Susan would be kind of out of character. But how better to try on a different character, than on an anonymous internet chat board?)

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That wouldn't even be a retcon, since Dan has never defined Ashley's former internet girlfriend.

The biggest clue we have is the tease from Dan on Twitter:

That's from last May so he's most certainly had Ashley's internet ex-gf figured out long before Kitty was dreamed up.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Well, I wouldn't want to see Susan get hurt like that but...I guess if the system did change, Jerry could use information like that to spark another angst induced awakening for her.

While it can be different after the system change, there are better ways how to awaken person than major angst-induced awakening.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That wouldn't even be a retcon, since Dan has never defined Ashley's former internet girlfriend.

The biggest clue we have is the tease from Dan on Twitter:

That's from last May so he's most certainly had Ashley's internet ex-gf figured out long before Kitty was dreamed up.

It also means (unless it's joke) that the girlfriend really IS someone we already know. Unless it's some character Dan has already prepared but didn't get to introduce her yet.

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

It also means (unless it's joke) that the girlfriend really IS someone we already know. Unless it's some character Dan has already prepared but didn't get to introduce her yet.

The Usherette from Monday's NP

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=582

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This is The Dan.  Of course he has prepared some one.  Example, Sam.  He had the character chosen before he know what he looked like.

21 hours ago, mlooney said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This is The Dan.  Of course he has prepared some one.  Example, Sam.  He had the character chosen before he know what he looked like.

On 02/28/2017 at 5:56 PM, Don Edwards said:

That wouldn't even be a retcon, since Dan has never defined Ashley's former internet girlfriend. It could be Kitty... or Tedd... or Sam... or Susan... without violating anything that has been said about her to date.

... this possibility was already mentioned :)

On 3/1/2017 at 7:11 AM, hkmaly said:

Liz, if the break-up was in good terms. Oooh speculoos...

15 minutes ago, Stature said:

Liz, if the break-up was in good terms. Oooh speculoos...

Ashley told Liz about the internet girlfriend, so if it was Liz, she would have said something. Heck, Liz assumed Ashley was talking about a guy on the internet at first.

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ashley told Liz about the internet girlfriend, so if it was Liz, she would have said something. Heck, Liz assumed Ashley was talking about a guy on the internet at first.

While very, VERY unlikely, it would be funny if Ashley's internet girlfriend were Elliot.

Since Ashley has a track record of guessing at details when she can't be given the information, what are the odds that she has or soon will guess that her internet friend might have really been able to transform? (Independently of whether her guess is correct?)

I wonder if perhaps the internet "girlfriend" ever actually confirmed her identity as female?

Ashley may have assumed she was talking to another girl, and the other party on the line never bothered to correct her.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I wonder if perhaps the internet "girlfriend" ever actually confirmed her identity as female?

Ashley may have assumed she was talking to another girl, and the other party on the line never bothered to correct her.

Or replied to the question "Are you a boy or a girl?" with "Which one would you like me to transform into?"

10 hours ago, Haylo said:
20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Or replied to the question "Are you a boy or a girl?" with "Which one would you like me to transform into?"

Unlikely, Ashley would remember that.

Also, it was over internet: offer to change sex would be assumed to refer to pretending other sex.