• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

3/26/16 - April Fools' 2016: Between Failures

It's that time of year again!  Well, almost.  This is the last scheduled update of March, so I'm uploading my annual April Fools' filler kinda early.

For those of you who aren't familiar with HoC's annual tradition, Cannon pranks someone from a different webcomic each year for April Fools'.  This year, he's pranking Carol and Reggie from the webcomic Between Failures.  His prank is based on something that actually happened while I was working at a retail store; some dope pulled the store's fire alarm (which had been placed above a toy shelf), thinking that it was a child's toy.  No harm was done, and we called the fire department to let them know it was a false alarm.  Still, I couldn't help but glare at that moron as he asked his girlfriend to take a picture of him next to the fire alarm to commemorate his great moment of supreme idiocy.

Anyway, Between Failures is a great webcomic about the people who work at a Megatainment book store - their lives, their relationships, their dorky conversations, and their experiences working in retail.  Fans have compared it to the movie Clerks, although the comic's creator, Jackie Wohlenhaus, likens it more to Empire Records.  If you liked either of those, you'll probably enjoy this comic.  And if you haven't seen either of those movies, you might want to rent them... but not before reading Between Failures.  If you don't mind a comic with some swearing, sexual situations, semi-nudity, and one instance of extreme violence against a shelving unit, you can check it out at betweenfailures.com and give it a read!  Let 'em know Josh sent you, and while you're at it, wish Jackie a happy 10th anniversary to his comic! :-)

Speaking of webcomics celebrating their 10th anniversary, don't forget that my comic is also turning 10 this year!  And for a webcomic, the 10th year is the Fan Art Anniversary (Although, to be fair, my comic celebrates the Fan Art Anniversary every year!).  Be sure to enter my contest if you haven't yet...!