• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Pinup Single Feb 27 2017 Female!Tedd

The late and irregular hours that Edward Verres worked for Dad's Government Business often resulted in Tedd cooking.  And as was mentioned fairly early on, Tedd preferred to be female while cooking.  I am guessing Tedd became accustomed to performing other kitchen jobs, like appliance maintenance and plumbing repairs, while female.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

Just now, Scotty said:

Tedd's form and outfit is based on Cindy Aurum from Final Fantasy XV:

So, yes, some video game thing.  I'm cool with that.

This bit of wild association I can only attribute to the indelible imprint the cartoons on WKBD Detroit made on my squishy young brain.  My first thought upon seeing Tedd's outfit was the commercials for the old Father and Son construction contractors.

I know they ran the same ads in Chicago.   Were they nationwide or just in certain markets?

49 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This bit of wild association I can only attribute to the indelible imprint the cartoons on WKBD Detroit made on my squishy young brain.  My first thought upon seeing Tedd's outfit was the commercials for the old Father and Son construction contractors.

I know they ran the same ads in Chicago.   Were they nationwide or just in certain markets?

My being in southwestern Ontario meant that even basic cable had Detroit Channel 4 and Channel 7 so I heard that advertisement a fair amount during my childhood.

19 hours ago, mlooney said:
19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Tedd's form and outfit is based on Cindy Aurum from Final Fantasy XV:

So, yes, some video game thing.  I'm cool with that.

Note that Final Fantasy XV is directly mentioned in description, so unless it was added later, I would consider it obvious.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The late and irregular hours that Edward Verres worked for Dad's Government Business often resulted in Tedd cooking.  And as was mentioned fairly early on, Tedd preferred to be female while cooking.  I am guessing Tedd became accustomed to performing other kitchen jobs, like appliance maintenance and plumbing repairs, while female.

I seriously doubt there is any kitchen job actually requiring this big wrench.

No, this must be deliberate posing (and a good one).

... I suppose Tedd now has quite a lot forms for game characters ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

Note that Final Fantasy XV is directly mentioned in description, so unless it was added later, I would consider it obvious.

Yeah, but even so, the connection between Tedd's fashion choice and the game wasn't there so I included the image.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I seriously doubt there is any kitchen job actually requiring this big wrench.

If you need to remove the broken pipe connecting the P trap to the stack, a big wrench may be the only way to loosen the corroded fittings.

The next step would be a reciprocating saw.

Thought occurs to me...

Tedd's glasses are probably tempered safety glass.  Just add side shields for standard workplace eye protection.  That's what I wear on the job.  But with their variable settings, could they also function as welder's goggles?

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:
18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, but even so, the connection between Tedd's fashion choice and the game wasn't there so I included the image.

Sure, I approve. I was telling it to mlooney.

Note that without the game being specified, personally I would guess Team Fortress ... but apparently, female engineer is not in the game itself at all.

3 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Tedd's glasses are probably tempered safety glass.  Just add side shields for standard workplace eye protection.  That's what I wear on the job.  But with their variable settings, could they also function as welder's goggles?

With their variable settings, I would consider bad idea to use them for welding. What if you switch them by mistake?

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Note that without the game being specified, personally I would guess Team Fortress ... but apparently, female engineer is not in the game itself at all.

Well, for comparison, Dan did do an Engineer Tess sketchbook about 8 years ago. :)

Oh hey! We also have Engineer Susan!

54 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Well, for comparison, Dan did do an Engineer Tess sketchbook about 8 years ago. :)

Oh hey! We also have Engineer Susan!

Right. Forgot about this. At least on conscious level.

Note to all you youngsters out there.  Yes I did see the reference to Not The Final Fantasy Game Quintusdecimus1.  I don't do video games.  It's part of my persona, so I tend to downplay any knowledge of them.   If you see me say "this might be a video game thing" assume I know it's a video game thing and go with it, while you get off my lawn.  It's sort of like doing "old" rock song references, it's what I do.

1Why is it called "Final" when there are at least 14 sequels2?

2I know why, it's called a rhetorical question.