• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
WR...S

NP: Wednesday March 1, 2017

Interesting timbit (or tidbit for the non-canucks) of info in the commentary about there being a sensation felt when casting a spell.

Also this is definitely the reaction I was thinking of when I commented in the previous strip that Dan didn't need to give us any heads up that "Felix" would like being transformed.

Also, I'm pretty certain Dan named Felix that on purrrpose. ;)

200px-Felix_the_cat.svg.png

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Interesting timbit (or tidbit for the non-canucks) of info in the commentary about there being a sensation felt when casting a spell.

Also this is definitely the reaction I was thinking of when I commented in the previous strip that Dan didn't need to give us any heads up that "Felix" would like being transformed.

Also, I'm pretty certain Dan named Felix that on purrrpose. ;)

200px-Felix_the_cat.svg.png

Felix the Cat was my first thought too.

5 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Felix the Cat was my first thought too.

Yeah, I assume that, and was going to rip on it until I finished reading his comment at the bottom

Someone stop me before this spins off into a third storyline focusing on these two.

Just give them their own comic.  Put it in sketchbook and do it once a week.  "Adventures of Kitty and Felix, they are wonderful cats."

Strangely enough, I was expecting them both to act this way. The difference is, last Friday, I was expecting them to have reversed reactions.(with Kitty reacting like Felix, and Felix being the first random guy[who was only introduced Monday, btw] that freaks out from their sudden, out-of-place transformation)

4 hours ago, mlooney said:
7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Or... *gasp* Windows 3.11 for Workgroups?

Don't dis the only good version of Windows ever made.

I don't know ... the version that came with OS/2 Warp 3.0 worked pretty well ...

Please, I remember Microsoft Bob.

Back to the actual subject of this thread, wouldn't Akiko be the perfect witness to this? Akiko is pretty likely to know about Nanase's magic, but she's also good at keeping her mouth shut about anything that might upset her mother. Or maybe her father too, although in over fifteen years of EGS he's had exactly one comic where he talked. I was kind of thinking he was actually dead and stuffed. Anyway, it would plant yet another potential plot hook for the main storyline.

19 hours ago, Camion said:

If we DID get that third storyline, I honestly wouldn't complain.

If this two strips are example how it would go, I would be complaining about pacing. Unless they get naked. Which they probably will, so there shouldn't be any problem.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Back to the actual subject of this thread, wouldn't Akiko be the perfect witness to this? Akiko is pretty likely to know about Nanase's magic, but she's also good at keeping her mouth shut about anything that might upset her mother. Or maybe her father too, although in over fifteen years of EGS he's had exactly one comic where he talked. I was kind of thinking he was actually dead and stuffed. Anyway, it would plant yet another potential plot hook for the main storyline.

Unless Akiko is actually spying on Nanase for Mrs. Kitsune ...

Regarding her father, it's good Edward Verres explained there will be no true undead in EGS. Otherwise, I would suspect he is dead and raised by Mrs. Kitsune.

18 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So how does Felix explain this to the family?  How long will the transformation last?

Either he is living on his own (or with other students) or when he will realize he needs to return home he will take back that "don't change me back". Sure, Dunkels might be able to handle this, but I don't think there will be second family like them.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:

Really, this is something Dan should have though in advance. Considering how  both Tedd and Catalina totally failed to notice transforming ... although, maybe you only feel something when you cast on someone else?

Just now, hkmaly said:

Really, this is something Dan should have though in advance. Considering how  both Tedd and Catalina totally failed to notice transforming ... although, maybe you only feel something when you cast on someone else?

In the case of Tedd, it might work differently, like those flashes of light and the hyperness. But as Dan said if it feels like a slight chill, it might go unnoticed under many circumstances. Kitty was in one of those circumstances where she was seeing the enchantment take place the moment she said "POOF" and felt the chill so she could quickly put two and two together. When Catalina changed the first time, it does look like she felt something, but likely attributed it to Rhoda cuddles.

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

In the case of Tedd, it might work differently, like those flashes of light and the hyperness. But as Dan said if it feels like a slight chill, it might go unnoticed under many circumstances. Kitty was in one of those circumstances where she was seeing the enchantment take place the moment she said "POOF" and felt the chill so she could quickly put two and two together. When Catalina changed the first time, it does look like she felt something, but likely attributed it to Rhoda cuddles.

Hmmm ... yes. Tedd being exception might also work, it's true Catalina might miss-attributed it ...

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Regarding her father, it's good Edward Verres explained there will be no true undead in EGS. Otherwise, I would suspect he is dead and raised by Mrs. Kitsune.

A frightening thought: If Time Travel literally is the only thing believed to be impossible with Magic, then it might be that bringing the dead back to life IS possible. Edward did say that classical Zombie-type undead can't happen, but that may be more about the "spreads like an infection" part than about the "undead minions of a Necromancer" part--although from what we know about EGS-world magic, it's probably simpler to use summoned golems than to raise corpses if you need an army, so raising a dead person would only be worthwhile if you have need of that particular individual.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

A frightening thought: If Time Travel literally is the only thing believed to be impossible with Magic, then it might be that bringing the dead back to life IS possible. Edward did say that classical Zombie-type undead can't happen, but that may be more about the "spreads like an infection" part than about the "undead minions of a Necromancer" part--although from what we know about EGS-world magic, it's probably simpler to use summoned golems than to raise corpses if you need an army, so raising a dead person would only be worthwhile if you have need of that particular individual.

It would have to be something that alter's the mind that creates zombies, similar to werewolves except obviously different forms.

"Classic" Zombies don't actually require the resurrected person's original mind, just the animated corpse capable of carrying out generic commands. That's pretty much why I said that golems would be better for "faceless minions" duty--you don't need it to have a human-level mind of its own.

19 hours ago, ijuin said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Hmmmm ... re-reading what he actually said, it was basically that you can't expect reliability from dead and animated tissue.  Meaning, it may actually be worth it to "raise dead" by putting "dead person" (soul, mind, whatever) into golem or somehow preserved body (mummy). Mr. Kitsune don't look as mummy, however ...

Meanwhile, the aberrations/vampires are not actually dead.