• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

NP: Friday, March 3rd, 2017

Ok, so it's not just not believing to have chance as catboy, felix is really trans.

BTW, is Pandora considering marking FELIX as well? For case Kitty won't stay around?

21 minutes ago, Sjmcc13 said:

Also : Tohru's maid dress is better ;)

Tohru Honda or Tohru the dragon?

I think the dragon's maid dress is too long, but she needs it to hide the tail. Pandora doesn't. Not because she doesn't have one (yup, she has tail in this comics, and doesn't look like cat's), but because she's invisible anyway.

Oh wow, did Pandora actually justify the marking of Felix because she's trans and Tedd would approve?

Since this is in the past, it makes it hard to say how Tedd would have reacted if he found out. And also considering we know what happens later, this is just another example of Pandora convincing herself that what she's doing is for family.

My waifu looks good as a goth cat girl.
That aside, this is one more example of her marking for reasons other than being bored, but for the good of some one.  Pandora isn't the Big Bad.  Need to go clean up TVTropes in my copious free time.

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Oh wow, did Pandora actually justify the marking of Felix because she's trans and Tedd would approve?

Since this is in the past, it makes it hard to say how Tedd would have reacted if he found out.

Also, it makes Pandora one of those "everyone knew" ...

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

And also considering we know what happens later, this is just another example of Pandora convincing herself that what she's doing is for family.

Well ... it would be closer to what Tedd actually wants than her giving Raven chance to fight.

(Although ... I think Raven enjoyed the fight, he just didn't liked that students were in risk.)

14 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My waifu looks good as a goth cat girl.

Why wouldn't she? She's shapeshifter and have hundreds of years of experience in looking good. (Also, she already proved she care about looking good, and not caring is one of few logical reasons why shapeshifter might not look good).

Tedd is drunk with power? I would love to see that!!

I just say that Kitty and Felix went out of the platonic friend zone.

19 minutes ago, Stature said:

I just say that Kitty and Felix went out of the platonic friend zone.

I'd say they're breaking freindzone orbit and headed for interstellar space, but not out of the zone itself as of yet...

23 minutes ago, Stature said:

I think Pandora was talking about Felix becoming mad with power, I don't think Pandora believes that Tedd being mad with power would be a good thing.

4 hours ago, WR...S said:

I am shocked, SHOCKED that the bunnies have gotten invested in these two's arc.

Why?

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Pandora went into this to be surprised.

Now she is upset because people aren't doing what she expects them to do.

Immortals can be just as crazy as humans.

No, she's just upset this didn't happen earlier.

Pandora really is/was on a spree, is/wasn't she?

This is only one day, and she's already marked Catalina, Kitty and "Felix". If this is an average, there must be 1,620 people marked in 6 months. Even without "huge incidents" like fire guys, bulldog dragons, tiger griffins and flying elf Jesuses, magic must really be on the verge of changing.

It just occurred to me that it would make perfect sense to retcon these two into being part of Luke's group.

Of course not all LGBTQ people know each other, but it would make sense for a transwoman who suddenly gained the ability to change peoples sexes (which is strongly implied by Pandora's remarks) to discretely promote her services to other people in the same situation as her. If she does so over a local LGBTQ forum, she might catch the attention of Luke.

35 minutes ago, Indrid Cold said:

This is only one day, and she's already marked Catalina, Kitty and "Felix". If this is an average, there must be 1,620 people marked in 6 months. Even without "huge incidents" like fire guys, bulldog dragons, tiger griffins and flying elf Jesuses, magic must really be on the verge of changing.

Don't forget she also likes to take really looong naps.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=491

The week before Halloween is also a special case.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=492

47 minutes ago, Indrid Cold said:

13 minutes ago, detrius said:

Don't forget she also likes to take really looong naps.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=491

The week before Halloween is also a special case.

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=492

Plus, before seeing Catalina, Pandora was noting that things weren't going as well as she hoped, and it fell completely within her pessimistic expectations. To have those pessimistic expectations, I'm sure she had to have been disappointed beforehand.

Just now, Indrid Cold said:

This is only one day, and she's already marked Catalina, Kitty and "Felix".

There is a possibility that she marked Liz as well, the fact that Pandora didn't elaborate on why kind of spell she could give Liz is pretty ominous.

We won't know for sure until probably the next time we see Liz in the main story, since the last time we saw her was before the "Marker" NP and Dan's commentary in the "Marker" page certainly suggests the idea to possibly mark Liz came with coming up with her response to Pandora's question so it would most certainly be a retcon.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We won't know for sure until probably the next time we see Liz in the main story, since the last time we saw her was before the "Marker" NP

No, that's after.  Don't forget that the "current" NP is during LAST year's Halloween season, while main line is some time in January.

Just now, mlooney said:

No, that's after.  Don't forget that the "current" NP is during LAST year's Halloween season, while main line is some time in January.

I meant in terms of when Dan made the comics, the last time Dan had Liz in a canon story was before he made "Marker"

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I meant in terms of when Dan made the comics, the last time Dan had Liz in a canon story was before he made "Marker"

I see what you mean, but given The Dan, it's possible he has plotted this out a long time ago.  Witness, for example, how long it took to explain the trip to France and/or how Susan can summon swords.

4 hours ago, detrius said:

It just occurred to me that it would make perfect sense to retcon these two into being part of Luke's group.

Of course not all LGBTQ people know each other, but it would make sense for a transwoman who suddenly gained the ability to change peoples sexes (which is strongly implied by Pandora's remarks) to discretely promote her services to other people in the same situation as her. If she does so over a local LGBTQ forum, she might catch the attention of Luke.

I have been hoping this arc would introduce some of Luke's group for a while. 

And  they do not have to know each other when one of the people can see who has magic and might be scanning crowds (at a LGBTQ event/club/clothing store/etc) at random the odds of a change meeting increase. 

Good point--if Luke has gotten in the habit of scanning the crowds wherever he goes, then he would probably be able to spot most of the magic users who are present.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

There is a possibility that she marked Liz as well, the fact that Pandora didn't elaborate on why kind of spell she could give Liz is pretty ominous.

We won't know for sure until probably the next time we see Liz in the main story, since the last time we saw her was before the "Marker" NP and Dan's commentary in the "Marker" page certainly suggests the idea to possibly mark Liz came with coming up with her response to Pandora's question so it would most certainly be a retcon.

Keep in mind that what spells Pandora gives people at least partially depends on the circumstances.

Take for example her encounter with Rich and Larry:

1471036637-np20160812-Marker-09.png

1471295118-np20160815-Marker-10.png

Please take note of how the choice of spells to give these two changes over the course of the conversation.

We also know from Sarah's encounter with Jerry that options for marking someone can become void if that person gains new insights, so if Pandora found that spell she could give Liz useful, she must have marked her or she had missed that opportunity of giving her that particular spell.

And considering how Liz talked about "not being big on pretending something she is not" and "not being big on getting a taste for something and getting cut off from it", I'm pretty sure she gained the ability to influence the duration of other people's spells. My guess is that if someone is really happy (not just pretending) with a (temporary) enchantment, Liz can somehow make it permanent, like Tedd can change his sex permanently.

Pandora would probably find that useful.