• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday March 8, 2017

34 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Looks like Diane had a particular image of Susan in her head, that wasn't quite accurate.

Hopefully it is not the "that camera does weird things to her". But her being wildly cheerful really takes the cake.

Such callback, or it just happens to act that way.

5 minutes ago, weirdee said:

clothing changes are a free action

Taken off a jacket doesn't take that long.  I assumed Diane did that while Ellen sent the text.  The Dan's commentary backs that idea.

Make sure you know what happens to your jacket off camera.

There is a story that seems plausible, but I can't cite the source, where Shatner wanted to wear his jacket from Star Trek III in IV.  However Nimoy insisted that it was left on Genesis world and was gone.

15 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I think Diane is safe as long as she doesn't try to curl up in Susan's lap...

That would actually be a good test for relationship: put both Susan and Diane in a room with Jeremy and see how he reacts.

32 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

That would actually be a good test for relationship: put both Susan and Diane in a room with Jeremy and see how he reacts.

Jeremy would most likely be more confused than Brownie.

I haven't said this in a while, but today's comic seems like a good place for it:

I really admire what Dan is able to do with faces.

Aside from today's wonderful panel six faces, even the very subtle changes in Ellen's face between panels 3 and 4 reflect the dialogue so well.  He's really good at it!

18 hours ago, Stature said:
18 hours ago, partner555 said:

Looks like Diane had a particular image of Susan in her head, that wasn't quite accurate.

Hopefully it is not the "that camera does weird things to her".

It's not camera. It's Elliot.

... wait. That sounds even worse.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Jeremy would most likely be more confused than Brownie.

There is very obvious differences between Susan and Diane. Like, Susan is awakened.

... what, you think Jeremy wouldn't be able to tell?

46 minutes ago, Asari said:

I really admire what Dan is able to do with faces.

Aside from today's wonderful panel six faces, even the very subtle changes in Ellen's face between panels 3 and 4 reflect the dialogue so well.  He's really good at it!

It's fantastic how he can put so much in relatively simple style.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

There is very obvious differences between Susan and Diane. Like, Susan is awakened.

Susan wasn't awakened back when we saw her interactions with Jeremy. And it seems like Jeremy left her alone whenever she was at Tedd's in relation to the review show (when her and Elliot were researching how they should do the show as well as showing off the episodes to the others) Not to mention when her and Nanase were over to get Susan new dolls.

Maybe Susan awakening is what got Jeremy to leave her alone? So seeing Diane could get a "Old Susan is back!!" reaction from him. :)

6 minutes ago, Scotty said:
24 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Susan wasn't awakened back when we saw her interactions with Jeremy. And it seems like Jeremy left her alone whenever she was at Tedd's in relation to the review show (when her and Elliot were researching how they should do the show as well as showing off the episodes to the others) Not to mention when her and Nanase were over to get Susan new dolls.

Maybe Susan awakening is what got Jeremy to leave her alone? So seeing Diane could get a "Old Susan is back!!" reaction from him. :)

Wait, was Susan interacting with Jeremy since the face?

EDIT: yes.

Something in plain sight just became conscious.  Diane has changed her "look" drastically. 

Stereotype-Diane used to dress sexy/skanky to entice boys to spend money on her and her friends.  She's not doing it anymore or at least isn't this Monday.  That seems to signal a state of mind change.

12 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Something in plain sight just became conscious.  Diane has changed her "look" drastically. 

Stereotype-Diane used to dress sexy/skanky to entice boys to spend money on her and her friends.  She's not doing it anymore or at least isn't this Monday.  That seems to signal a state of mind change.

Or that is is winter and cold outside. 

EDIT : 

diane on her most recent (chronologically) date that we have seen.

Of Diane's winter appearances for this school year the only time we have not seen her in a sweater or hoodie was Saturday night

On 3/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, mlooney said:

Taken off a jacket doesn't take that long.  I assumed Diane did that while Ellen sent the text.  The Dan's commentary backs that idea.

it was a joke

5 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:
17 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Or that is is winter and cold outside. 

EDIT : 

diane on her most recent (chronologically) date that we have seen.

Of Diane's winter appearances for this school year the only time we have not seen her in a sweater or hoodie was Saturday night

Diane's first appearance was the Monday before Grace's birthday, which was back in early March of the previous year, which technically was still winter.

Of course it's entirely possible that March was particularly warm at that time and we are currently still in January so who knows. I'm not really expecting to see Diane go back to wearing those outfits when it does get warmer considering all that's happened and her hanging out with Nanase and Ellen more and depending on how things turn out with Susan.