• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
CritterKeeper

Favorite Quotes

True--you can keep a flow of pilfered supplies or funds going indefinitely as long as it is small enough to remain hidden, whereas a big flashy heist is a one-time event. Sam finds the idea slightly contradictory because his native society is one that glorifies the fame that is achieved from big flashy heists, considering them to be the equivalent of victory in battle. The Sqids are pretty much the chaotic-aligned equivalent to the more lawful Ferengi from Star Trek.

I need to say this...

E Ihowā Atua,
O ngā iwi mātou rā
Āta whakarangona;
Me aroha noa
Kia hua ko te pai;
Kia tau tō atawhai;
Manaakitia mai
Aotearoa

God of Nations at Thy feet,
In the bonds of love we meet,
Hear our voices, we entreat,
God defend our free land.
Guard Pacific's triple star
From the shafts of strife and war,
Make her praises heard afar,
GOD DEFEND NEW ZEALAND!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU4tCn_aSxU

"While the question itself wasn't necessarily stupid, it's clear the circumstances that apparently led you to have to ask it certainly were."  -Doc, The Whiteboard webcomic

Another quote from Freefall by Mark Stanley

This one from the Savage Chicken itself (Sam Starfall's ship)

"If we could get humans out of the loop, it would remove our greatest point of failure."

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3400/fc03367.png

On 12/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Another quote from Freefall by Mark Stanley

This one from the Savage Chicken itself (Sam Starfall's ship)

"If we could get humans out of the loop, it would remove our greatest point of failure."

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3400/fc03367.png

Heh. Yes, I'd be out of a job. IT has numerous ways of saying this, but new to me in the last couple of weeks was additional layers of the classic OSI seven layer model; user, organization, and government. It started as a joke, but it makes enough sense that it's gaining traction.

"Religion has actually convinced people...that there's an invisible man! Living in the sky! Who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of TEN THINGS he does NOT want you to do! And if you do ANY of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and anguish, where he will send you to live, and suffer, and burn, and choke, and scream, and cry, forever and ever 'til the end of time.

"But he loves you! He loves you. He loves you, and he NEEDS MONEY! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow, *thunk*, just can't handle money!

"Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story, ho-ly shit."

~George Carlin

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Russell's_Teapot

On 12/19/2019 at 2:57 PM, Illjwamh said:

"Religion has actually convinced people...that there's an invisible man! Living in the sky! Who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of TEN THINGS he does NOT want you to do! And if you do ANY of these ten things, he has a special place full of fire, and smoke, and burning, and torture, and anguish, where he will send you to live, and suffer, and burn, and choke, and scream, and cry, forever and ever 'til the end of time.

"But he loves you! He loves you. He loves you, and he NEEDS MONEY! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow, *thunk*, just can't handle money!

"Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story, ho-ly shit."

~George Carlin

I do wish Elon Musk had put a teapot in his orbital Tesla, and at least settled that one.

Another quote from Mark Stanley's Freefall

Captain Sam Starfall, discussing Human Economics said:
And that's what makes your system great. All you need is a dream and the ethics of a sociopathic hyena and you can become rich.

fc03401.png