• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Dabat

Story: Friday, March 10th 2017

1 hour ago, Dabat said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2321

"Of course not. You're the scary martial arts guy."

I think it's kind of cute that Elliot has no idea how much people tend to know about him through reputation. His reputation seems to be a positive one for the most part, but still.

I love Elliot for just caring so much about other people that he will analyse even his own hypothetical planned actions and reject them if he realises that they could have unintended consequences. This feels a little like the inverse of taking something about others and making it about yourself; he has taken a purely hypothetical (if at least conceivable) scenario he might personally experience and included its effects on others as well.

It is why I love EGS so much. The characters. They all bring something important to the table and often do it in very individual ways. And I really, truly appreciate that.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I love Elliot for just caring so much about other people that he will analyse even his own hypothetical planned actions and reject them if he realises that they could have unintended consequences. This feels a little like the inverse of taking something about others and making it about yourself; he has taken a purely hypothetical (if at least conceivable) scenario he might personally experience and included its effects on others as well.

It is why I love EGS so much. The characters. They all bring something important to the table and often do it in very individual ways. And I really, truly appreciate that.

I also think it's interesting that the one thing he failed to take into account when he was making all those plans was what other people already thought of him. He was prepared for multiple contingencies from several angles, except for the possibility that everyone would be to intimidated by his reputation to actually bring it up.

2 hours ago, Dabat said:

I think it's kind of cute that Elliot has no idea how much people tend to know about him through reputation. His reputation seems to be a positive one for the most part, but still.

Oblivious of his own aura.

1 minute ago, detrius said:

What's "KEFKA"?

Final Fantasy character. Dan is gaming the system a bit much lately, it seems.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I love Elliot for just caring so much about other people that he will analyse even his own hypothetical planned actions and reject them if he realises that they could have unintended consequences.

That is part of the reason that Edward "thinks" Elliot was born wearing a Boy Scout uniform.

1 hour ago, detrius said:

What's "KEFKA"?

A better Final Fantasy Villain than Sephiroth. :D

Anyway, good on Elliot to realize what his plan would mean, even though he'd be acting offended, it could likely give people the wrong idea about trans and genderfluid people in general which would be just as bad as gay bashing.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

SECONDED

Most humans have the ability to imagine how another human might feel in a given situation.  We call it empathy.  Admittedly, we are not always accurate when we attempt to guess what is going on in another person's head.  And far too many people fail to exercise this ability often enough.  But the ability is still there.

Elliot is an oddity in that he rarely turns off the empathy.  He doesn't always get it right, and has been known to react with excessive violence.  He claims that he does not care what other people feel, think, or say about him, but he is always thinking about how others feel.

It is not surprising that he spends much of his life on a self imposed guilt trip.  It is actually almost surprising that he can ever get off that guilt trip long enough to get anything done.  But don't worry Elliot.  I'm certain that whatever you do, you will find something you did, or failed to do, that will throw you back to your guilt trip.

Is it bad I half expect the only one who will be questioned is Sarah?

Ok ashley probably looks approachable as well, but she kicked a soccer ball at a rampaging griffon, they have to be intimidated a bit by THAT.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

A better Final Fantasy Villain than Sephiroth. :D

Too true, And from the game before Sephiroth as well. 

He is from FF 6 (3  on my US Super Nintendo cart)

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
Just now, Sjmcc13 said:

Is it bad I half expect the only one who will be questioned is Sarah?

She might be questioned, but it won't be in a hostile manner.  She has a good heart.

It didn't seem like Sarah had been approached at any point that we saw her with Susan. I'm wondering if the main reason no one has approached any of them about Elliot is because of all the fuss they made about Elliot being gay the week before. Maybe everyone at MSHS learned to not jump to conclusions based on rumour.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

It didn't seem like Sarah had been approached at any point that we saw her with Susan. I'm wondering if the main reason no one has approached any of them about Elliot is because of all the fuss they made about Elliot being gay the week before. Maybe everyone at MSHS learned to not jump to conclusions based on rumour.

She has been in all of 1 page since getting to school which was at the beginning of the day as it relates to Ellen and Diane's conversation. 

We have yet to see how her day went. 

Also, high schools are rumor mills. they learned nothing.

Nothing what wasn't already said about the page, but regarding commentary ... I'm sure most of us would enjoy at least half of that hundred comics.

Also, based on last sentence, we will see someone talking behind Elliot's back next page.

... I'm surprised Catalina didn't appeared. Although maybe she waits for some opportunity to talk with him alone ... and show him her cat form to convince him to admit he really is Cheerleadra. (No matter how Elliot will react, I'm sure Catalina will get her confirmation, because he's bad liar.)

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, based on last sentence, we will see someone talking behind Elliot's back next page.

Maybe Tony and "Ronin" Tony will make a comment and "Ronin" will be like "Oh no, I'm not falling for that again."