• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 3/11/17 - Split Second Timing

ComicNumber663.png

Uh-oh... seems Miss Sunflower has gotten the upper hand! How's Belt Boy going to make it out of THIS one?

Gonna break this commentary down panel-by-panel. In the first shot, I wanted to make sure that I didn't draw Belt Boy dodging her blasts in any of the same poses he used when dodging her blasts in their first battle. I should probably practice realistic lighting, but in the meantime I just went with my gut on how to shade Sunflower's metal parts to get something that looked aesthetically good and fitting with my cartoonish style.

Panel 2 is Belt Boy looking uncharacteristically smug. Like I said, Cannon's rubbed off on him a bit.

Panel 3: fun with sound effect lettering! I like the shapes of the letters I came up with; they look a bit stretched and toony. Belt Boy's clearly seeing stars... and comets and a planet! The little "burst effect" in the background was added last minute to give it more pizazz; I used a gradient effect and a blurring eraser, and I'm pretty happy with that.

Panel 4: Loving BB's cartoonish KO pose here. The background was a bit tricky to do, but I like how it looks, especially the driveway with a sloped sidewalk and arrows. The sign is actually a pair of subtle pop culture references; 2nd Time Around was the name of the antique store owned by April O'Neil's family in some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles universes, and the unbroken clock is set to four of two - the title of a They Might Be Giants song is "Four of Two" (And its lyrics suggest that it may be a good song for BB to fall unconscious to...!).

By the way, folks, have you started working on fan art for my contest? Don't forget, EVERYONE who enters gets a prize! Be sure to enter by May 19th!
ContestRulesAsOf2017.png