• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

The difference between Hi-Sec and Low-Sec in Eve Online is the size of the rats.  I have never seen an NPC battleship before.  And, yes, my unarmed frigate with two light drones for defense ran very very fast away.

I also should not go "not fully paying attention" in low-sec.   Just got blasted, but not podded.  I'm off to buy a new mining frigate.

19 minutes ago, mlooney said:

The difference between Hi-Sec and Low-Sec in Eve Online is the size of the rats.  I have never seen an NPC battleship before.  And, yes, my unarmed frigate with two light drones for defense ran very very fast away.

I also should not go "not fully paying attention" in low-sec.   Just got blasted, but not podded.  I'm off to buy a new mining frigate.

Yeah, Lowsec/nullsec is not for casual playing.

So even though my brother's in the hospital, he still wants someone to look after his Tamagotchi Warframe animal companion while he's gone. I was tempted to just let our middle brother handle that since, unlike me, mid-bro actually cares about plays Warframe.

You know how shooters usually have multiple game modes? There's usually Deathmatch, which is "first to X kills wins", as well as Capture the Flag (bring the enemy flag to your goal), King of the Hill (stay alive as long as you can in a certain location; longest time wins), Payload (get something to a goal at the enemy's side), and more.

Well, Splatoon has those too. "Turf Wars" is the only gametype in Regular Battles, where the objective is to cover turf. If your team has more turf covered than the enemy team at the end of a 3-minute time limit, you win.

Ranked Battles, however, are a lot more focused. There's three gametypes in Ranked: Splat Zones, Rainmaker, and Tower Control. There are two ways to win a Ranked Battle: Complete the objective, or stay in the lead until the game's 5-minute timer runs out. Splat Zones functions like the King of the Hill game mode, only you have to cover the zone in ink rather than simply stand on it. Tower Control is a Payload type, where the Tower moves along a fixed path towards a goal near the enemy spawn point, but only when you're standing on it, meaning if the Tower's moving, it's basically a big bull's-eye.

My first foray into Ranked was the Rainmaker gametype. Like Tower Control, it's kind of a Payload gametype. The titular Rainmaker is in the center of the map and has to be brought to a goal near the other team's spawn. But the catch is whoever picks up the Rainmaker has reduced run and swim speed; is visible to all players on the map, when swimming, and through walls, painting a very big target on their face; and replaces their entire weapon kit with the Rainmaker's weapon, making it hard to fight back, especially against snipers, high fire rates, and close-range anything. This lasts until the next time they die. So this mode is basically "Protect the President at all costs!" You have to go in knowing you could be the one to grab the Rainmaker and thus become a target that can't easily fight back.

And I can safely say... While I was expecting Rainmaker to be a lot more "I'm Dead" and was hoping to use Splat Zones as my introduction to Ranked, the results...weren't that bad, actually. Things turned out pretty okay.

That said, while I did okay, it is "Ranked" Battles for a reason. This was my first time in Ranked, so my rank was fairly low. The game puts you with players that have similar ranks. I dread going into Ranked at higher ranks. All the snipers. All of them.

In other news, my brother's thinking of getting a Nintendo Switch so we can play Mario Kart. I wholeheartedly approve. I'm looking forward to Splatoon 2 and ARMS as well.

On 5/12/2017 at 7:39 AM, Zorua said:

So even though my brother's in the hospital, he still wants someone to look after his Tamagotchi Warframe animal companion while he's gone. I was tempted to just let our middle brother handle that since, unlike me, mid-bro actually cares about plays Warframe.

...  He knows he can put the kubrow in stasis, right?  Like, you don't have to do any looking after it - haven't since U17 (july 2015).

Warframe veteran (Mastery Rank 20 Trinity (medic-frame) main) here.

22 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

...  He knows he can put the kubrow in stasis, right?  Like, you don't have to do any looking after it - haven't since U17 (july 2015).

Warframe veteran (Mastery Rank 20 Trinity (medic-frame) main) here.

I'm not sure if he does. I think he's still relatively new to Warframe.

2 minutes ago, Zorua said:

I'm not sure if he does. I think he's still relatively new to Warframe.

Ahh.  You can tell him to shoot a pm my way in-game if I'm ever online when he is if he needs help or a tutorial-esque thing.  Same name in Warframe as i have here.

So this past Saturday, some friends convinced me to buy GTA V to play with them, it cost $70 CDN on Steam, Monday I'm getting ready to load it up and notice a news announcment stating that GTA V was on sale for 40% off... I coulda saved $30 if I wanted a couple days lol.

Anyway, today I happened to see that Fallout 4 is on sale for 67% off so I could get it for $26 instead of the $80 full price, and the season pass (all DLC including any that may be released later) is 40% off so basically getting the game + DLC was cheaper than just buying the base game at full price, I wasn't passing up this opportunity only to buy it later at full price then kick myself when it went on sale 3 days later.

Impulse game buying is great, eh? ;)