• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Dabat

Story: Monday, March 13, 2017

13 minutes ago, Dabat said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2322

"What'chu talkin' about Sarah?"

And it seems someone knows Elliot as Dave. XD

He probably calls everyone Dave, like how the robot in Clone High called everyone Wesley (at least in the first episode, can not recall if they kept it up beyond that). 

Though this is not surprising considering the "That's what that guy's name is?" comment on the page after Voltaire's mike/name drop

EDIT : Though I was expecting there is be a hesitance to link Elliot with Cheerledra due to people outright rejecting the possability that the hot heroine is a man, from the guys so they can fantasize about dating her, and from girls as it would be a women's liberation setback 

How many of you actually remember that Elliot's first line is a riff on "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!" which was Gary Coleman's signature line in Diff'rent Strokes, which ended in 1985.

Just like the "Camera Phones" incident, the internet has dramatically changed society in an unexpected way -- everybody is so innundated with baseless rumors that no one pronouncement (from a known liar no less) is going to be believed except perhaps by a few fanatics (who wear out their own believability at an accelerated rate in the information age).

I wonder what the tipping point would be for something like that? It would take more than just a few videos and "experts".

Still, the evidence can only build up, from incident to incident.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

How many of you actually remember that Elliot's first line is a riff on "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?!" which was Gary Coleman's signature line in Diff'rent Strokes, which ended in 1985.

1) Get the hell of my lawn

2) I'm amused by the fact that Elliot is stunned that people don't know his full name.  Dude, at least where I come from not knowing the full name of your fellow students is normal.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

where I come from not knowing the full name of your fellow students is normal.

Well, Elliot is supposed to be going to a high school with several thousand students. And it's quite common for teachers to address students by their given names rather than surnames. And I get the impression Elliot isn't one of those students who speaks up a lot in class or is called on very much.

Now if you're a pain-in the ass like myself, correcting everyone including the teacher, everyone knows your name.

Just now, Don Edwards said:

About the subject line: March 13 is a Monday this year...

I was wondering how there could be two threads for this comic started 5 hours apart from each other, but I guess if Tom Sewell didn't notice this one because of it being mislabeled as Friday, then it'd be understandable.

Just now, mlooney said:

2) I'm amused by the fact that Elliot is stunned that people don't know his full name.  Dude, at least where I come from not knowing the full name of your fellow students is normal.

If EGS took place in Boston, things would have been different.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

About the subject line: March 13 is a Monday this year...

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I was wondering how there could be two threads for this comic started 5 hours apart from each other, but I guess if Tom Sewell didn't notice this one because of it being mislabeled as Friday, then it'd be understandable.

Wait, what? Damn, I missed that. Fixed!

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If EGS took place in Boston, things would have been different.

Or in Australia.

Of course Elliot would be upset by most of the rules.

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Or in Australia.

Of course Elliot would be upset by most of the rules.

And for the one that thought Elliot was named Dave:

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave
Had twenty-three sons and she named them all Dave?

Apparently Goerge Forman has...

18 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

EDIT : Though I was expecting there is be a hesitance to link Elliot with Cheerledra due to people outright rejecting the possability that the hot heroine is a man, from the guys so they can fantasize about dating her, and from girls as it would be a women's liberation setback 

Seems noone even got THAT far in linking. At least noone who would talk about it around Elliot or Sarah.

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, I was always the worst regarding remembering names ... but their school is BIG. People in same class(es), maybe, but others?

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So lots of people at MNHS recognize Elliot, but most of them don't know anything beyond 'The Martial Arts Guy".

That can be a good thing, and a hard punch to the ego at the same time.

It shouldn't be surprising enough to be hard punch ... but yes, seem it is. The retroactive stage fright from doing the reviews was probably needless.

12 hours ago, Haylo said:

Still, the evidence can only build up, from incident to incident.

He MIGHT be careful to not have any other incident ... I know, unlikely.

Between being born in a Boy Scout uniform (if there's trouble, he'll go after it and try to fix it)  and Primary Protagonist Syndrome (the story comes looking for him), Elliot has precisely zero chance of not having another incident.

7 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Primary Protagonist Syndrome (the story comes looking for him them), Elliot has the Main 8, Cat and Rhoda, and Ashley have precisely zero chance of not having another incident.

Fixed it for you.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:
12 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Primary Protagonist Syndrome (the story comes looking for him them), Elliot has the Main 8, Cat and Rhoda, and Ashley have precisely zero chance of not having another incident.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed that for you.

Dave Seville, ya sonuvagun. What is shaking?

1 minute ago, Stature said:
9 minutes ago, mlooney said:
16 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Primary Protagonist Syndrome (the story comes looking for him them), Elliot has the Main 8, Cat and Rhoda, and Ashley will have  precisely zero chance of not having another incident.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed the fix :-)