• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Monday March 13, 2017

I've never played Fallout 4 yet, but from what I have seen of other people playing, I don't recall radroaches being able to wield weapons and wear clothing.

There might be a mod that adds an intelligent radroach race that can do that though.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I've never played Fallout 4 yet

Sooo .... Fallout 4 is something else than Fallout: New Vegas, I suppose?

I think it was better with chibi Grace but we will see.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Sooo .... Fallout 4 is something else than Fallout: New Vegas, I suppose?

I think it was better with chibi Grace but we will see.

Well I have played a bit of Fallout New Vegas, I definitely didn't see any rad roaches like that (though again there might have been a mod for it).

Though the only real difference I think between them is location.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't recall radroaches being able to wield weapons and wear clothing.

They do not; they spit acid, and not the drug kind.

Hmmm, we are so not in Kansas. But hooray for segue!

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Where do you think the stories about girls kissing toads who transformed into princes came from?

10 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Toads who were desperate for dates?

I think the mummy has hit this one on the head and out of the park.

59 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, joy.  Another series of comics about a game I've never played and probsbly never will.

You are stepping on my territory lady.  I'm the one that Doesn't Do Video Games.  :-)

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, joy.  Another series of comics about a game I've never played and probsbly never will.

You are stepping on my territory lady.  I'm the one that Doesn't Do Video Games.  :-)

I'm Spartacus!

As long as there is something about Preston being an idiot. 

I once had a Minutemen quest to turn in, and ended up having to take 2 new quests in order to do so. 

• Quest says talk to Preston to complete
  • Talk to Preston, new quest
  • Talk to Preston, new quest
  • Talk to Preston, clear first quest

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I do a little of The Sims Freestyle and Two Dots....and we had Pong and then an Atari....

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

I may have written all that music for ROTT, Duke Nukem 3D, Stargunner, and Shadow Warrior, but I'll let up a secret right here: I couldn't play for [censored]. I had to have the God Mode code to see everything in the game. Otherwise, I would never have been able to get a feel for the levels in order to come up with music for them.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I may have written all that music for ROTT, Duke Nukem 3D, Stargunner, and Shadow Warrior, but I'll let up a secret right here: I couldn't play for [censored]. I had to have the God Mode code to see everything in the game. Otherwise, I would never have been able to get a feel for the levels in order to come up with music for them.

I can only imagine what the music would have been like if you didn't use god mode. I guess one could argue that you'd never truly get a feel for it if you don't have that butt clenching "OMG AT ALL THE THINGS TRYING TO KILL ME!!!!!" anxiety in a shooter game.

4 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:
10 hours ago, mlooney said:

I though even the best players wouldn't be able to beat the game quick enough to do the work on time.

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I do a little of The Sims Freestyle and Two Dots....and we had Pong and then an Atari....

Well, I am playing Eve Online, but it's not a twitch reaction type game.   You don't fly your ship; you give commands.  You are the captain, not the helmsman or gunner.  You say where to go, and what to shoot and let the flunkies deal with the nuts and bolts.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Well, I am playing Eve Online, but it's not a twitch reaction type game.   You don't fly your ship; you give commands.  You are the captain, not the helmsman or gunner.  You say where to go, and what to shoot and let the flunkies deal with the nuts and bolts.

Wait ... is that how everyone plays Eve Online or just how you do? There is some mention about Rhea expansion on wikipedia ...

54 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
2 hours ago, mlooney said:
7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Wait ... is that how everyone plays Eve Online or just how you do? There is some mention about Rhea expansion on wikipedia ...

It depends of how you play Eve, when running PVE content (missions, mining, combat sites, planetary interaction, etc) you're basically just pointing your ship in a direction and flying or sitting stationary and watching lasers chew on rocks while having drones deal with high sec rats. That's what most people refer to as "carebearing" because much of the stuff you do in high sec is low risk so you can be casual. Going into low sec and null sec space and the risk increases both on the PVE side (combat sites, missions and rats get beefier) and there's a PVP risk as well because you don't have Concord to come to your rescue. You can't be casual here and it also presents opportunities to play a more active role in shaping the story that CCP proudly advertises, will you be the type to come to the aid of another player in trouble, or will you be the one to gank them.

Being in corporations and alliances is also different and mlooney's statement doesn't necessarily fit, I mean it does if you are running operations with fleets and you're giving commands to the other players, but if you're just participating then you're taking commands from the fleet commander.

And while yes, a lot of the Eve experience isn't much of a twitch reaction game, it can potentially become one if your mining fleet gets hot dropped in lowsec by a bunch of black-ops ships. Although, one can argue that there is a curve to the amount of twitch reaction in relation to the number of ships involved and that once you reach a threshold of number of ships in the area, the reaction time becomes a non issue due to server delays because (and I dunno if they still have it) CCP had what's call "Time Dilation" for when large numbers of players are in the same area, it slows the game speed to 10% so the 21 hour "Bloodbath of B-R5RB" would have probably been less than 2 hours if done in real time.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is an option to go into a "first person shooter mode" and "fly" your ship via the keyboard.  It doesn't work well.  Eve is done on a "time click" system, where your commands happen one at a time, based on, in theory, one-second intervals.  I say in theory because if the blade of the server gets's overloaded, a forced "time dilation" effect happens, which is a shared lag.  The reason it works that way is so people not in the UK don't get lagged as they play.  There is only one server for the whole of the non-Chinese world.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It depends of how you play Eve

I should read the whole thread before making a reply1.  But yes, this is correct.  It is my understanding that even the big battles still happen by selecting a target and clicking on "fire."  I am basing this on watching a lot of videos of them; I haven't been in one myself yet.

1 I feel a bit like a hypocrite when I don't read the whole thread first, as that is one of my pet peeves when someone else does it.

Just now, mlooney said:

1 I feel a bit like a hypocrite when I don't read the whole thread first, as that is one of my pet peeves when someone else does it.

I mainly just talk about my experiences playing in Eve.