• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

Story: Wednesday March 15, 2017

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2323

Dang, I've seen how messy comment sections can get. It's amazing Susan found any new threads. :)

I suspect that Susan's near OCD mind on some subjects means she reads them fairly often.  I could be wrong of course.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Did Elliot and Sarah spend this much time talking to each other while they were dating?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Only if Sarah caled Elliot.

Right.  That was one of the problems that cause the breakup.

Just now, mlooney said:

I suspect that Susan's near OCD mind on some subjects means she reads them fairly often.  I could be wrong of course.

It's clear she hasn't disabled comments yet, guess she's been too busy playing with dolls and learning about a possible sister.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's clear she hasn't disabled comments yet, guess she's been too busy playing with dolls and learning about a possible sister.

I was thinking about that as soon as I read this comic. Maybe she figured that disabling the comments was an overreaction, and that doing so wouldn't do anything to stop the rumors floating around amongst the people that already knew them.

11 hours ago, partner555 said:

Is the coverup Edward planned still necessary?

To Edward it is. I can hardly wait to find out how Edward is going to fake a Cheerleadra sighting. I think we can rely on one thing, though: Whatever it is, Elliot will somehow screw the whole thing up.

I'm also wondering if "Ronin" will play a part--Tony's nerdy sidekick who started the rumor about Elliot being gay. Ronin hasn't seen Cheerleadra (that we know of) but it's canon that Ronin did see Elliot punch the bloodgrem (or in Ronin's immortal words, "the evil American monkey") into oblivion.

1 hour ago, Dabat said:

I was thinking about that as soon as I read this comic. Maybe she figured that disabling the comments was an overreaction, and that doing so wouldn't do anything to stop the rumors floating around amongst the people that already knew them.

Or maybe she is doing it on a case-by-case basis. Leaving the more innocuous comment threads alone and only locking them down when they get out of hand.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Or maybe she is doing it on a case-by-case basis. Leaving the more innocuous comment threads alone and only locking them down when they get out of hand.

Hmm, true enough. I had assumed from the EGS:NP Susan would be locking all comments, but it was never said if she did that... Or even that she locked any of them now that I think of it.

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

To Edward it is. I can hardly wait to find out how Edward is going to fake a Cheerleadra sighting. I think we can rely on one thing, though: Whatever it is, Elliot will somehow screw the whole thing up.

I'm also wondering if "Ronin" will play a part--Tony's nerdy sidekick who started the rumor about Elliot being gay. Ronin hasn't seen Cheerleadra (that we know of) but it's canon that Ronin did see Elliot punch the bloodgrem (or in Ronin's immortal words, "the evil American monkey") into oblivion.

I would not be surprised if someone posted a video online of Elliot transforming from Mall Date form to Cheerledra. It was probably caught by at least 1 security camera, and would likely make Mr. Veres job allot easier, as they simply need to claim that tat is the face of Cheerledra, and possibly plant some fake ID info somewhere like the DMV (say listing a "recently" destroyed building as "her" address) and slip it and the video to Carol.

I'm not really buying any of this. After the immortal outed Elliot as Cheerleadra, a whole lot of people must have Googled "Elliot Dunkel." Even if Elliot himself doesn't have a Web presence, his parents surely do, and it wouldn't take much to check out every Dunkel in Moperville. It's not a common last name.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
19 hours ago, partner555 said:

Is the coverup Edward planned still necessary?

1 hour ago, Xenophon Hendrix said:

I'm not really buying any of this. After the immortal outed Elliot as Cheerleadra, a whole lot of people must have Googled "Elliot Dunkel." Even if Elliot himself doesn't have a Web presence, his parents surely do, and it wouldn't take much to check out every Dunkel in Moperville. It's not a common last name.

Those people might not be from school.

I would suppose Edwards coverup is more for the kind of people who are researching this on Internet than people who actually know Elliot. And this coverup might include some "web chaff".

5 hours ago, Sjmcc13 said:

I would not be surprised if someone posted a video online of Elliot transforming from Mall Date form to Cheerledra. It was probably caught by at least 1 security camera, and would likely make Mr. Veres job allot easier, as they simply need to claim that tat is the face of Cheerledra, and possibly plant some fake ID info somewhere like the DMV (say listing a "recently" destroyed building as "her" address) and slip it and the video to Carol.

I would expect DGB confiscated the security cameras footage. Of course, if someone catch that on phone ...

But, yes, while "outing" mallgirl form would mean Elliot shouldn't be using it, it may be useful distraction ...

7 hours ago, Dabat said:
7 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Hmm, true enough. I had assumed from the EGS:NP Susan would be locking all comments, but it was never said if she did that... Or even that she locked any of them now that I think of it.

Actually, considering when Playing with Dolls happened, perhaps Susan really didn't had time to lock anything ... it was what, three days ago?

It's possible she was going over those comments WHILE locking them.

Wait. They didn't had time to make any new video. This is THE video with the "gay" rumor ...

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... it was what, three days ago?

Two days ago, it was Saturday that she learned about it, but seemed to be more interested in checking her spellbook to see how many fairies she could summon at once, as well as read up on taking full "first person mode" control of one and then falling asleep. Then Sunday she went to work, got surprised by Tensaided's comments about Elliot an Cheerleadra, then got blindsided by Ellen and Nanase telling her about vampires in Moperville and Diane. Ok Monday is close to being over now so almost three days ago, but she spent Monday with school obviously and Sarah seemed to have gotten her caught up with the clog related stuff that Ellen and Nanase likely don't know about yet, though I'm sure Elliot will be mentioning it as soon as Ellen got home from school unless Tedd never went farther than just mentioning the fact that Magic could change. The conversation between Elliot and Sarah here switched to the possibility of magic changing at the end of today's page so Sarah might very well fill Elliot in on her role in the matter if Tedd hadn't. Considering Sarah and Elliot are talking about whether she hear anyone talking about him after they got home from school, it seems like they didn't see each other during school. They must not share the same lunch period this semester.

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The conversation between Elliot and Sarah here switched to the possibility of magic changing at the end of today's page so Sarah might very well fill Elliot in on her role in the matter if Tedd hadn't.

I suspect that Dan again decided to cheat us out of the recapitulations and we soon find out that almost everybody knows almost everything despite barely talking about it. (In fact, didn't he stated it in Monday's comics commentary? Something about skipping around hundred pages?)

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Considering Sarah and Elliot are talking about whether she hear anyone talking about him after they got home from school, it seems like they didn't see each other during school. They must not share the same lunch period this semester.

Not necessary. It's possible they had other stuff to talk about during lunch (I mean, they DEFINITELY had other stuff to talk about and it might not get to this). Also, Elliot might not realize he should ask. Not speaking about Sarah possibly hearing something AFTER lunch, but this doesn't seem like he already asked.

19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Actually, considering when Playing with Dolls happened, perhaps Susan really didn't had time to lock anything ... it was what, three days ago?

It's possible she was going over those comments WHILE locking them.

Wait. They didn't had time to make any new video. This is THE video with the "gay" rumor ...

Very true. It is possible that she's locking them now, or has decided not to lock them and is simply reading the comments.

2 hours ago, Dabat said:

Very true. It is possible that she's locking them now, or has decided not to lock them and is simply reading the comments.

It's also possible that she thought about her talk with Nanase about it and decided to try to not let the negative comments bother her, maybe she found some positive ones convinced her to not disable them, or maybe she just decided to keep them open to see if anyone posted anything about Elliot being Cheerleadra.

48 minutes ago, chridd said:
On 03/16/2017 at 3:03 AM, Scotty said:

Considering Sarah and Elliot are talking about whether she hear anyone talking about him after they got home from school, it seems like they didn't see each other during school. They must not share the same lunch period this semester.

They don't have the same lunch period (first panel).

This would also explain why Catalina didn't tried to talk with Elliot during lunch period ... if someone would be asking that.